Aikman Finally Criticizes Romo

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!
Re: Aikman Finally Criticizes Romo

nobody is his division is even CLOSE to him. Jason Campbell? Simply manages the game. Eli Manning? The single reason the Giants are not in the Super Bowl. Average QB at best. Donovan McNabb? Don't even get me started on him, he's not even a top 15 QB.

None of them are even close to Romo. One of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard.

Um, the reason the Giants aren't in the SB is Plaxico not being there.

As far as Romo being better than Eli, well, that's sort of comical. Average QB's don't win super bowls.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Um, the reason the Giants aren't in the SB is Plaxico not being there.

As far as Romo being better than Eli, well, that's sort of comical. Average QB's don't win super bowls.

Have to agree with that. Without Plexiglass stretching those defenses Eli was throwing into short zones, and that is not a good recipe for any QB. But I have seen below average QB's win super bowls, so Romo still has a chance. Just has to get traded to another team.

Best Wishes...OF :+waving-5

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

There is a big difference from you and I royalstalker. You need to make up shit, I just use what you post. But then when you have lost all respect from every good poster out there I guess you resort to desperate measures. Please don't cobra/camel clutch me, I'm scared.

Best Wishes...oF :+waving-5

I didn't make this up. Sucks you cannot win but this was brutal. Wow.

Frog, how you coming on the 30 large you owe right now? You are back posting, I assume you are at least making good? I hope so.

I've got a 50 spot that he tries to deny it. When people were commenting on posters that were in the other thread that also owed they were referring to Frog (amongst others). Everyone in the know is aware of this, might as well get the forum involved as well.

:+waving-5

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Where do you come up with this shit man? And last time I checked, this was not a royalstalker taking out his insecurities on other posters thread, it was a discussion involving Romo. And your input was Parcells did not leave Dallas because of Romo. Even though that was the exact reason he was quoted for in the Sentinel Sun Times.

reynolds

EOG Enthusiast

Romo just doesn't care nor is he a team leader. Do you think T.O would trash Brady or P Manning? Romo hasn't the balls to stand up to him, take charge of the lockerroom, or dedicate himself to the game in which he is well paid. The boys are going nowhere with him and T.O and Philips at the wheel. Nothing better than the Cowboys tankin every December.:houra

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

Where do you come up with this shit man? And last time I checked, this was not a royalstalker taking out his insecurities on other posters thread, it was a discussion involving Romo. And your input was Parcells did not leave Dallas because of Romo. Even though that was the exact reason he was quoted for in the Sentinel Sun Times.

I didn't come up with anything. That is what was posted. Doesn't sound like a lie to me. Are you going to tell me right now you don't owe anyone any money for gambling losses? Be careful if so.

Sure he did. Can you link me the article thanks. If so you would finally be right about something. Won't hold my breathe. And I have no insecurities. Just don't like internet bullies, especially those cannot win or hold a job. That would be you. Thus all the epic meltdowns and cry baby I am leaving acts. Sign of the internet bully. Can dish but cannot take. When is the next meltdown coming?

As for Romo, the finger had part to do with it, and those wides are overrated also. Not that fast anymore. Don't get a ton of seperation. Offensive scheme was all screwed up too. Not all on Romo, although he certainly didn't play well.

waco

EOG Dedicated

<TABLE class=tborder id=post1898301 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 0px solid" width=175>tripp<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_1898301", true); </SCRIPT>
EOG Addicted

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_1898301 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid"> Re: Aikman Finally Criticizes Romo
<HR style="COLOR: #2b295e" SIZE=1>Romo is a top 5 QB in the NFL. Peyton, Brady, Palmer..those are probably the only three I'd put ahead of him to be honest.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Thia is not what you do to be a top 5 qb. He is a choker. He didn't even get them in the end zone when a play-off was on the line. What the hell are you smoking?
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR align=middle><TD>(9-7)
</TD><TD width=370><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=ysptblbdr2><TABLE class=ysptblclbg3 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=ysptblbdr2><TD colSpan=16 height=1></TD></TR><TR align=middle bgColor=#dedec6><TD class=ysptblbdr2 width=1 rowSpan=5></TD><TD width=10 height=18> </TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspwhitebg width=1 rowSpan=5></TD><TD class=yspscores width=23>1</TD><TD class=yspwhitebg width=1 rowSpan=5></TD><TD class=yspscores width=23>2</TD><TD class=yspwhitebg width=1 rowSpan=5></TD><TD class=yspscores width=23>3</TD><TD class=yspwhitebg width=1 rowSpan=5></TD><TD class=yspscores width=23>4</TD><TD class=yspwhitebg width=1 rowSpan=5></TD><TD class="yspscores total" align=right width=33>Total</TD><TD class=yspscores width=38></TD><TD class=yspscores width=24></TD><TD class=ysptblbdr2 width=1 rowSpan=5></TD></TR><TR class=yspwhitebg><TD colSpan=14 height=1></TD></TR><TR class=ysptblclbg5 align=middle><TD width=10 height=23></TD><TD class="yspscores team" align=left>Dallas </TD><TD class=yspscores>3</TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD class=yspscores>3</TD><TD class="ysptblclbg6 total" align=right>6 </TD><TD class="ysptblclbg6 total" align=right>Final </TD><TD class=ysptblclbg6 rowSpan=3></TD></TR><TR class=yspwhitebg><TD colSpan=2></TD><TD colSpan=8 height=1></TD><TD class=ysptblclbg6 colSpan=2></TD></TR><TR class=ysptblclbg5 align=middle><TD width=10 height=23> </TD><TD class="yspscores team" align=left>Philadelphia </TD><TD class=yspscores>3</TD><TD class=yspscores>24</TD><TD class=yspscores>17</TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD class="ysptblclbg6 total" align=right>44 </TD><TD class="ysptblclbg6 total" align=right> </TD></TR><TR class=ysptblbdr2><TD colSpan=16 height=1></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Nothing better than Cowboys sucking.
Almost as good as Yankees sucking.

No.........Yankees sucking is much better!

Romo has not proven anything in the big games............choke!

Drew Brees is far superior than Romo..........

He may be top 5 in some eyes, not top 5 in others....I love these arguments between a bunch of internet armchair QB talent evaluators over who is better than who. Who cares where he stands in reference to other QB's in the league? How can a QB be over-rated compared to others - he is either better or worse. Bottom line, he is 0-2 in the playoffs in 3 years starting. Not great, but he has some years left. He is no Aikman, granted, but he does have the ability to lead the Cowboys to the Super Bowl, but in order to get to the Super Bowl, the stars have to be aligned the right way - so far, in Dallas, they have not been.

I still think your opinion of Romo is too much based on the Steeler game, which is probably the only one you saw. Maybe not, but the guy had a pretty good season. The problem, again, is the ESPN hype machine anointing him as the next Brett Favre. He may never be nearly as good, but every failure he has is replayed over and over and over again.

Romo not the reason Parcells left. Romo was Parcells' guy....even after Jerry went out and got Drew Henson, the supposed god of all QB's - Parcells kept Romo over him. Parcells left because of Jones' quick trigger signings - like Owens. My belief is that Parcells didn't want a guy like Owens, but he was forcefed to him.

Until a football guy runs the Cowboys, the stars may never be aligned for a Super Bowl run. Teams win Super Bowls, not groups of players thrown together.

HW

Why would you say the Dallas/Steelers game is the only one I likely saw? Because I'm a girl? I'm a paid NFL columnist and I watch ALL the games, not as a fan, but as a sports writer. Romo is overrated by the blowhard analysts on ESPN and other places that give him way too much credit for what he hasn't done. And if you actually believe he can lead the Cowboys to a Super Bowl, well, I think it is you, not me, who needs to watch a bit more football.
12io4j2w90

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated

Romo is nowhere close to being top 5 in the NFL. Give me:

Brady
Manning
Brees
Ryan
Palmer (if he's healthy)
Roethlisberger
Rivers

I'd take any of these guys over Romo.

TonyMar

EOG Dedicated

Romo is nowhere close to being top 5 in the NFL. Give me:

Brady
Manning
Brees
Ryan
Palmer (if he's healthy)
Roethlisberger
Rivers

I'd take any of these guys over Romo.

i 2nd that...

besides...

romo has yet to win a significant game.

tripp

EOG Master

Rivers? Please tell me Rivers was not listed. I can see arguments for the others, but you could not pay me to take Phillip Rivers on my team as a backup. One of the most overrated QB's I've ever seen, along with McNabb.

Brady, Manning and Palmer I all agree with. Manning and Brady are far above every other QB in the league, no one even touches those two. Palmer is a stud when he's healthy. Brees? I've already touched on him. Don't think he has the tools that the top QB's have and I prefer QB's with better size. Brees plays in spread out offense designed to get a lot of yards so his stats don't impress me. Almost like Texas Tech or Hawaii QB's in college although not quite to that extreme. I think Romo could have easily done the same thing in that system. Big Ben? Very good QB, underrated by the public, but not better than Romo. He might not make the mistakes Romo sometimes makes, but he is just not quite up there with Romo in my opinion. I can see the argument though. Ryan? Way too early to say that. I would say Rodgers or Cutler before Ryan.

This is simply my opinion that right now Tony Romo is the 4th best QB in the NFL.

TonyMar

EOG Dedicated

really?

rivers has won more playoff games than romo has appeared in...

rivers also was pretty damned good for nc state in bowl games...philip rivers actually had a college pedigree vs difficult competition...unlike romo playing against pizza delivery kids at charleston...and...

romo was busy doing 'keg stands' in charleston to give a shit...

simple really...

when the 'big games' come around...

tony romo shits his pants...changes 'em...and does it again.

kid is a loser...and the excuses that he tries to sell as the rationale for his losing make him an even bigger fuckin' loser.

:+excited-

tripp

EOG Master

Average QB's don't win super bowls.

So what does that make Trent Dilfer, and Brad Johnson? Those are two awful QB's and they managed to win a Super Bowl. They actually both won the Super Bowl by 27 points, what the hell does that prove? It proves they were shitty QB's on very good teams. Eli Manning is not shitty, but he is not that good. Average at best is a good way to say it and if they had a good QB they'd be in the Super Bowl right now. Not sure how a Giants fan can argue that Manning is not the reason they are out of the playoffs right now.

Romo is much, much better than Manning, and I even happen to like Eli. He's a very good guy and it's refreshing to see stars like him and Peyton, but he is nowhere near his brother and not close to Romo. JMO

tripp

EOG Master

really?

rivers has won more playoff games than romo has appeared in...

rivers also was pretty damned good for nc state in bowl games...philip rivers actually had a college pedigree vs difficult competition...unlike romo playing against pizza delivery kids at charleston...and...

romo was busy doing 'keg stands' in charleston to give a shit...

simple really...

when the 'big games' come around...

tony romo shits his pants...changes 'em...and does it again.

kid is a loser...and the excuses that he tries to sell as the rationale for his losing make him an even bigger fuckin' loser.

:+excited-

Do you not realize that SD has one of the most talented rosters in the league right now, and with a top QB they'd be contending for the Super Bowl every year other than just being a team that hopes to win a playoff game? Rivers is terrible, that's just my opinion. I can easily list 15 people I'd take over him as my QB, and I wouldn't even cheer for my Jets if he was the QB, much like I wasn't unhappy to see them fail this year under Favre.

TonyMar

EOG Dedicated

Do you not realize that SD has one of the most talented rosters in the league right now, and with a top QB they'd be contending for the Super Bowl every year other than just being a team that hopes to win a playoff game? Rivers is terrible, that's just my opinion. I can easily list 15 people I'd take over him as my QB, and I wouldn't even cheer for my Jets if he was the QB, much like I wasn't unhappy to see them fail this year under Favre.

he was the highest rated qb in the nfl...

gates was not 100%...

and his wr's were jackson, chambers & floyd.

sorry man...

he did not have a t.o and roy williams to throw to.

rivers has a quicker release than romo...and is a leader.

the chargers could have folded and gone home at 4-8...and he led 'em to the playoffs.

romo should take notes on how to win games that count from rivers...

BTW...in the Playoffs...(something romo doesnt understand)....rivers beat the colts in indy...on one leg...With a torn ACL...he almost beat new england in NE with that same torn ACL...

romo gets torn fingernail and he shits all over himself and is looking for jessica to wipe his ass.

cheers...:cheers

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

I never posted anything like that? What are you talking about?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/40216-bill-parcells-comes-clean-about-why-he-left-dallas-cowboys

Even when trying to look smart you come accross as a bumbling idiot. Again you are wrong. Was the long hours, not Romo's QB play that sent him in to retirement. And ofcourse you wouldn't post about owing 30 grand to someone. But at least you are smart enough to not deny it. That would really be a bad idea. Trust me.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

If that is so important to you than of course royalfan, you are right again. Parcells just lied in that interview with the Sun Sentinel. I posted the link, and that is not good enough for you either, even though it is a direct quote from him himself.

As far as the rest of your personal attacks, can't hold a job, can't win anymore, now some owe money deal, that is just the way you are. Saving the posting world by attacking me. I don't think anyone is buying that eiither, but that goes as far as the rest of your tall tales. I provided proof, you make shitup. We could go on forever like this, but it sure has lost any entertainment value long ago. It is very important to you that you win every internet argument ever, and that I look like an idiot. You win royalfan, you win again.

You win royalfan, you win the prize for the forum's biggest ...

Heatwave

EOG Enthusiast

Why would you say the Dallas/Steelers game is the only one I likely saw? Because I'm a girl? I'm a paid NFL columnist and I watch ALL the games, not as a fan, but as a sports writer. Romo is overrated by the blowhard analysts on ESPN and other places that give him way too much credit for what he hasn't done. And if you actually believe he can lead the Cowboys to a Super Bowl, well, I think it is you, not me, who needs to watch a bit more football.
12io4j2w90

This has nothing to do with sex....never once did I mention it. Why bring that into it? Let go of the "I'm a girl" thing. Your opinions are respected here, at least by me, I just don't agree with some of them, that's life....You rip Romo a lot, and I have never heard you say anything positive about the player, and that in my book is simply not objective. Big Ben played an unbelievable game on Sunday....if I came in here and said he was the greatest QB ever after that game, it doesn't represent the full picture of the QB that he is. There have been games in the last 2 years that Romo has been a much better than average QB, and if you can't admit that, well....not sure that there is any more to say.

It is the nature of the beast...as the Cowboys starting QB (and probably the Steelers as well, with their national following), that you get more credit than you deserve in success, and more blame than you deserve for failure. I agree with you that he does get too much credit from a lot of people, but he is also not as bad as a lot of people say he is.

As for Parcells, he plays a lot of cat and mouse with the press - even if he says something in a newspaper interview, I still don't necessarily believe it. My opinion is he left Dallas because of the Owens signing and Jerry Jones.

As far as getting to the Super Bowl, there are many that think he has the talent but many that do not. Only time will tell, but I honestly believe that he does, and truthfully, even him getting to a Super Bowl may not vindicate him from those who don't like him, since guys like Trent Dilfer have made it to and won Super Bowls.

As for Parcells, he plays a lot of cat and mouse with the press, so even when he says something, not really sure if it is true or not. My opinion is he left Dallas due to Jones and the Owens signing.
HW

Last edited:

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

My opinion is he knew he was in a can't win situation in Dallas. The Romo deal took a while to come out, but it finally did. And Parcells could manipulate the press for his own agenda, like to get an edge for a game, or fire up a player. But this was none of that, he merely wanted to set the record straight. If you want to read between the lines of a direct quote you need a why would he say that, what could he gain? Nothing. Was it just Romo? No. But that was the final straw. He said so, himself. It was Dallas and Jones loss, Miami's gain.

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

If that is so important to you than of course royalfan, you are right again. Parcells just lied in that interview with the Sun Sentinel. I posted the link, and that is not good enough for you either, even though it is a direct quote from him himself.

As far as the rest of your personal attacks, can't hold a job, can't win anymore, now some owe money deal, that is just the way you are. Saving the posting world by attacking me. I don't think anyone is buying that eiither, but that goes as far as the rest of your tall tales. I provided proof, you make shitup. We could go on forever like this, but it sure has lost any entertainment value long ago. It is very important to you that you win every internet argument ever, and that I look like an idiot. You win royalfan, you win again.

You win royalfan, you win the prize for the forum's biggest ...

You provided proof of what? Parcells never once said he quit due to Romo's qbing. Just as I said before you went and tried to find proof. I knew he never said that and was right again. Par for the course as my sports knowledge is just simply far superior to yours. Nothing to be ashamed of. I do this for a living remember. Hasn't passed me by as of yet. He was talking about a field goal miss you idiot. My goodness. How dumb are you? Wise not to deny what I was talking about by the way. Taking the smarter approach by hinting it is not true, but at least you have enough dignity to not deny it.