A question for Shrink or General

Caliente

Banned
Do you guys think it is safe for me to bet offshore? What is my recourse if I am screwed? If you guys give me a safe place to play and they decide to screw me because they know I will have no support,i am done. What advice can you give me? I am now betting my big stuff down In mexico where I know its safe. I bet small with solid offshore book who I was upfront with in the beginning by telling them my story. They say that they understand why I did what i did and swear that I will have no problems. I still worry and keep it small. Thanks! Give me a good book to go to. do you own a book Shrink?

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
David, there are NO guarantees in this business.

But, weigh your risk to determine what you can afford to lose in a worse case scenario and feel very safe at any book listed on this website, although you are a big bettor and may have your limits reduced. If so, just move onto the books who cater to high limits.

GL

Caliente

Banned
ITS REALLY NOT ABOUT WHAT i CAN AFFORD TO LOSE. wHAT EVER i SEND i CAN AFFORD TO LOSE. iTS ABOUT WINNING A BUNCH OF MONEY AND NOT GETTING PAID. wHATS THE POINT OF GAMBLING IF YOU CANT RETREIVE YOUR WINNINGS? i THINK YOU MADE IT CLEAR. oFFSHORE WAGERING IS A DANGEROUS PROPOSITION IF YOU ARE A BIG PLAYER. aT EVERY PLACE iVE EVER PLAYED AT , INCLUDING MANY TOP BOOKS THAT ARE CONSTANTLY GIVEN PRAISE, iVE HAD SHADY THINGS BEING DONE EVERY TIME i START WINNING HEAVY. tHEY HATE PAYING OUT BIG MONEY. tHANKS.

The General said:
If you don't trust it, Then I would suggest you just stick to Mexico.
Reminds me of the time I was at the dog/horse track in Tiajuana. The dog race started and around the first turn the rabbit broke. Quite a site seeing all the dogs jumping the rail to get at the broken rabbit. Anyway, the race is declared cancelled while they fix the rabbit. I go back to the window to get my bet refunded. Now at Caliente they take bets in dollars at some windows and pesos at other windows. I go to the dollar window to get my refund and the guys says "refunds are in pesos only". After pissing and moaning didn't work, I left the track with my wheelbarrow full of pesos and never went back. Never made another bet in Mexico either.

They can do whatever they want in Mexico David, just like offshore.

Caliente

Banned
The difference is you have ticket in hand. I have been playing ther since I was like 18 years old and have never, not once, had a problem. They also have phone accts. now. The difference is, if they dont pay people, it would get out in the newspaper and radio and nobody would go there. Since they primarily are dealing with san diego people. Its not like that in the offshore world. We can only come to the forums. Caliente has terrible customer service and you pay 1.5% taxes on winnings, but getting paid is a lock. All offshore books make you sweat it if you win serious cash. Im not talking 5-10 grand. I mean 50- 200 grand.