A lot of games have moved of "key" numbers this week, so where are all the "sharps"

They HAVE to be taking advantage right?

I see NYG -3 opener,moved IMMEDIATELY, got to -1, now -1.5. Jax -3 slowly go to 3.5, is now at 4, and has hovered there for the most part. Den opened -3 moved IMMEDIATLY to 3.5, and has stayed ther all week. I saw a couple 7's on Cincy, Pinny opened a weak 7.5 on them and they moved fairly quickly to 8, then immediately to 8.5, and within a couple hours of opening they were at 9.5. Car was another one similar to Cinci, a few place opened 7, (pinny a weak 7.5) then the money came in(not as hard as on Cinci) so they are hovering at 7.5/8 now. NE opened a strong 7 at Pinny and they barely opened before it was 7.5, then it got to 9.5 within a few hours.

So here is everyone chance to take advantage or where they COULD have taken advantage of all those "key" numbers we argue and debate about all the time.

But that isn't the half of it. Almost every game this week has had a pretty "huge" line move to it. That tells me one thing basically, the books are cleaning up. Because they are actually moving lines in and around offering shot takers their shots. So they can basically afford to actually try and bookmake this week. Or at least try and balance some action off.

You might see a game or two with some distinct (meaningless) line moves. But 6 games that heve crossed the 3 and 7, and one thathas gotten to a 6, and a couple that have crossed the PK making both teams favored. Very rare to have all this happen in one week.

Not to mention what is oens up for all those guys that love the teasers. Look at all those favored teams you could have made +3, and still even +1. Lots of oppurtunitites this weeks for the bettors to beat up the books.

And for all the "sharp" guys out there to take advantage of those moves in and around all those "key" numbers.

I will tell you what I did early.

I took Wash +127, and took NYG -1 (-109) It was -1 -105 but I missed it.

I took Tenn +112 on the ML (I think I saw a 115, but not where I could bet) and Raider -1 +100 (is now a pick, but I can live with the +100) if they get to a + ML I will be a little upset, but not sure they take enough money.

Took Chi on the ML +154 (they hit +160 so I bet one move too soon), and was hoping to see Det get off 3, my luck they were the only one to hold it all week. SO I will proably stick with the better team and the better odds.

Took Dallas -7 (-107) and I am going to keep half of it I think. I had a shot to get +9.5 -104 but I passed, and it is now -109. I am sure to buy back something just not sure when and for how much. I have no illusions of hitting a middle, but took a pretty big lead on that game.

Took SD -4.5 and will do nothing there, they cannot keep losing games like they have been. Even though a 6 is avaialble which taking some of would probably be the smart thing to do.

Took Cle on the ML at +122, ironically that was the opener and they were only +1 then. They are now +2 and ony a +111/113 ML. So obviously that game is simply ML play going into it. I almost bought back Hous at -114, but was hoping for -110 or so if I was going to buy off. Unfortunately it went the wrong way. So I will eat my Cle ticket I guess. Yes they suck, but Houston has yet to win a game. I am hoping Cle def line can do what everyone else does to Hou offensive line in that game.

Did nothig with the Den/Eagles cuz the vig on the 3 was ridiculous, same as NE, I almost took Bills +8.5, but it moved so fast I didn't. I might take them at 9.5 for an opinion, but not sure yet, is -114, and that is high. Same as Cinci, I won't lay a TD with Cinci ever no matter who they are playing or how good they supposedly are this year. Plus I couldn't buy back with GB either, so that game was filled with personal negatives for me.

So I took some shots, and some leads, but ironically they weren't on those "key" number games, maybe I am just not sharp enough I guess. But I still have value on most of my plays. With the selection we had to work with this week, the pickings were prety slim.

Yes I have taken a few bad ones. Took a couple today, but 90% of the time I take a lead on a team I like personally, so eating it won't feel as bad.

But sometimes I see a number that is so far off a team that is so bad I still have to take it. SF was borderline take at +11/11.5 I think they are the worst team in the league, and while TB is no prize, they might win that game by 2 TDs pretty easilly. Especially since SF hasn't shown they can even back door anyone. SO to stomach taking them I would have need 14.

But also a bad lead is when I don't get the best of it. Like in the Bears games got 154, could have gotten 160. And not having it move off the 3 compounds it some, as I wanted the ML bears and det -2/2.5, so I didn't get what I thought I would.

In baseball I have to eat some of it on a negative "scalp" simply because I take much bigger leads in baseball than I do football. But generally I get some line movement, since my own money will creat some of it, so with 8 cent lines you have a cushion to work with. Money in the NFL is not enough to move a line enough to help yourself for the most part. But I am sure you know that.

Nimue77

EOG Senior Member
Not sure about most sharps, but I almost never make any plays on NFL before saturday night.

wantitall4moi said:
They HAVE to be taking advantage right?

I see NYG -3 opener,moved IMMEDIATELY, got to -1, now -1.5. Jax -3 slowly go to 3.5, is now at 4, and has hovered there for the most part. Den opened -3 moved IMMEDIATLY to 3.5, and has stayed ther all week. I saw a couple 7's on Cincy, Pinny opened a weak 7.5 on them and they moved fairly quickly to 8, then immediately to 8.5, and within a couple hours of opening they were at 9.5. Car was another one similar to Cinci, a few place opened 7, (pinny a weak 7.5) then the money came in(not as hard as on Cinci) so they are hovering at 7.5/8 now. NE opened a strong 7 at Pinny and they barely opened before it was 7.5, then it got to 9.5 within a few hours.

So here is everyone chance to take advantage or where they COULD have taken advantage of all those "key" numbers we argue and debate about all the time.

But that isn't the half of it. Almost every game this week has had a pretty "huge" line move to it. That tells me one thing basically, the books are cleaning up. Because they are actually moving lines in and around offering shot takers their shots. So they can basically afford to actually try and bookmake this week. Or at least try and balance some action off.

You might see a game or two with some distinct (meaningless) line moves. But 6 games that heve crossed the 3 and 7, and one thathas gotten to a 6, and a couple that have crossed the PK making both teams favored. Very rare to have all this happen in one week.

Not to mention what is oens up for all those guys that love the teasers. Look at all those favored teams you could have made +3, and still even +1. Lots of oppurtunitites this weeks for the bettors to beat up the books.

And for all the "sharp" guys out there to take advantage of those moves in and around all those "key" numbers.

I will tell you what I did early.

I took Wash +127, and took NYG -1 (-109) It was -1 -105 but I missed it.

I took Tenn +112 on the ML (I think I saw a 115, but not where I could bet) and Raider -1 +100 (is now a pick, but I can live with the +100) if they get to a + ML I will be a little upset, but not sure they take enough money.

Took Chi on the ML +154 (they hit +160 so I bet one move too soon), and was hoping to see Det get off 3, my luck they were the only one to hold it all week. SO I will proably stick with the better team and the better odds.

Took Dallas -7 (-107) and I am going to keep half of it I think. I had a shot to get +9.5 -104 but I passed, and it is now -109. I am sure to buy back something just not sure when and for how much. I have no illusions of hitting a middle, but took a pretty big lead on that game.

Took SD -4.5 and will do nothing there, they cannot keep losing games like they have been. Even though a 6 is avaialble which taking some of would probably be the smart thing to do.

Took Cle on the ML at +122, ironically that was the opener and they were only +1 then. They are now +2 and ony a +111/113 ML. So obviously that game is simply ML play going into it. I almost bought back Hous at -114, but was hoping for -110 or so if I was going to buy off. Unfortunately it went the wrong way. So I will eat my Cle ticket I guess. Yes they suck, but Houston has yet to win a game. I am hoping Cle def line can do what everyone else does to Hou offensive line in that game.

Did nothig with the Den/Eagles cuz the vig on the 3 was ridiculous, same as NE, I almost took Bills +8.5, but it moved so fast I didn't. I might take them at 9.5 for an opinion, but not sure yet, is -114, and that is high. Same as Cinci, I won't lay a TD with Cinci ever no matter who they are playing or how good they supposedly are this year. Plus I couldn't buy back with GB either, so that game was filled with personal negatives for me.

So I took some shots, and some leads, but ironically they weren't on those "key" number games, maybe I am just not sharp enough I guess. But I still have value on most of my plays. With the selection we had to work with this week, the pickings were prety slim.