2014 CAA tourney plays and predictions

WMtribe17

EOG Dedicated
Predictions:

Towson beats Drexel in the championship game: Think Drexel's defense has finally started coming together after missing so many guys to injury the 1st 2/3 of the season. Delaware is an awful defensive team and if they aren't hitting their shots (like W&M), they are very vulnerable. Towson is the most complete team in the field + has a stud in Benimon (which is why I like them). However, they have at times settled for too many jumpshots and when that happens, they struggle to score.

Sleeper team to watch: C of C - Even though they are badly flawed on the offensive end, they play very good defense and rebound the ball on both ends of the court well. If they can find a hot hand in the CAA tourney, they will be a tough out (Sadly the worst 1st round matchup W&M could have gotten...)

Friday

Hofstra -1 (1.5 units) - Hofstra has started to play better again and I can't pass up the small line here (I think Hofstra should have opened -3). Assuming a Hofstra win, I will probably back them against UD also assuming they are a big enough dog.

WMtribe17

EOG Dedicated
Re: 2014 CAA tourney plays and predictions

Saturday

Towson -7.5 vs. JMU (2 units)

More to come tomorrow

WMtribe17

EOG Dedicated

Pathetic showing from Drexel, and sadly they still could have won if NE didn't shoot uncharacteristically well from the FT line.

Adding:

W&M -2.5 (2 units)
W&M C of C OVER 131.1 (1 unit)

WMtribe17

EOG Dedicated

Adding:

W&M -4 2h (1.5 units) - C of C hit some difficult shots in the 1st half that I don't think they are consistent enough to hit in the 2nd half. W&M needs to take smarter shots on the offensive end than they did in the 1st half

WMtribe17

EOG Dedicated

Nice comeback by W&M. If they can come out with that 2nd half defensive intensity and hustle tomorrow they have a chance against Towson.

CAA tourney: 5-2, +5.75

Total: 53-38-1, +24.85

WMtribe17

EOG Dedicated

Saturday:

NE +3 1h vs Delaware -105 (1 unit)
NE UD 1h UNDER 67 (1 unit)

WMtribe17

EOG Dedicated

Way off on the under. NE played at a much faster tempo than I expected (and surprisingly well).

Adding:

NE UD 2H OVER 79 (1 unit) - Just think this will end up being within 2-3 possessions and will see a foul fest in the last minute and a half. The tempo + NE's ability to dominate the offensive glass leans me towards the over.

WMtribe17

EOG Dedicated

As great as NE was up tempo in the first half, they were the polar opposite in the second half

Adding:
Towson -1.5 1h -105 (1 unit)

WMtribe17

EOG Dedicated

Damn good game between Towson and W&M.

7-4, +5.6

Total: 55-40-1, +24.7

WMtribe17

EOG Dedicated

W&m +4.5 (2.5 units) - really think Wm has played great since the 2nd half of _he c of c game. Important for Wm to control the tempo tonight

WMtribe17

EOG Dedicated

At least the winning bet salvaged a disappointing night...

8-4, +8.1 units

Total: 56-40-1, +27.2 units

Overall, a solid late february/early march run to put me up a good amount.

Will probably make limited bets on postseason plays because I have difficulty predicting how a CAA team will play against non-conference opponents.