The HEAT over Celtics are a LIVE DOG......

homie1975

EOG Addicted
Circa has the following versus GSW to win:

Bos +260
Mia +280

makes sense. far more offensive firepower on GS vs either of the east squads, plus The Dubs would own the home court advantage at the start of the finals on Thur 6/2.

homie1975

EOG Addicted
The Heat have players who have certain roles, it would be great if guys like Oladipo and Tucker contribute offensivley, but their defense is more important, any scoring they get from them is a bonus, Lowry hasn't been 100% all playoffs, but if Jimmy can't go he needs to step up and handle more of the scoring load, the Heat aren't a team who wins by outscoring their opponent, they win by limiting the other teams' scoring

word is at this point in time that Jimmy will go.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
At least 10 different media outlets blare this statistic repeatedly. (Especially ESPN)

What does it mean?

Certainly not that the Celtics are the better team because they keep winning quarters of games.

It's like the boxer who gets keeps winning rounds and piling up the points only to get hit with two haymakers that knock him out.

Boston may eventually win the series, but it won't be because they win more far more quarters.

#EmptyStatistic

I know you're a stupid cretin, but ever heard of betting quarters?

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Circa has the following versus GSW to win:

Bos +260
Mia +280

I think this could be misinterpreted. These are the Circa NBA Championship odds. Currently Bos +345, Mia +395, GSW -160, Dal +9500. The Bos price is essentially a two team parlay of Bos over Mia and Bos over GSW, same for Mia.

The Circa possible heads-up NBA Finals series prices are Celtics/Warriors +110/-130 and Heat/Warriors +160/-185.

Heim

EOG Master
I think this could be misinterpreted. These are the Circa NBA Championship odds. Currently Bos +345, Mia +395, GSW -160, Dal +9500. The Bos price is essentially a two team parlay of Bos over Mia and Bos over GSW, same for Mia.

The Circa possible heads-up NBA Finals series prices are Celtics/Warriors +110/-130 and Heat/Warriors +160/-185.

Decent jump....probably a combination of GSW win, and East injuries.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
There's been more in-game suspense and intrigue in the series in which one team leads three games to one than the one where the series is deadlocked after four games.

Go figure.

kane

EOG master
Before the series I thought whoever came out of the East would win the title, now I'm having doubts, barring something unforeseen the Warriors will be rested and healthy, while the East representative will be on shorter rest and banged up, whether it's Miami or Boston, I'm hoping Dallas can at least force a game 5

ouch

EOG Dedicated
I know you're a stupid cretin, but ever heard of betting quarters?

I know you're a smug, condescending, know-it-all, but your discussion wasn't about betting quarters.

Go back and read what you said in post #95 in this thread.

Your inference is that a team winning all but two quarters should not be down 2 games to 1.......meaning that they are clearly the superior side.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Before the series I thought whoever came out of the East would win the title, now I'm having doubts, barring something unforeseen the Warriors will be rested and healthy, while the East representative will be on shorter rest and banged up, whether it's Miami or Boston, I'm hoping Dallas can at least force a game 5

My thoughts exactly.

Heim

EOG Master
Boston favored in Miami... it's hard to figure out if market is over valuing them.

Series price opened -190. Now I think I saw -175.

I posted the Circa prices to win it all for both versus GSW. Very tight.

The only thing certain is a zig-zag pattern/effort...so far.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Boston favored in Miami... it's hard to figure out if market is over valuing them.

Series price opened -190. Now I think I saw -175.

I posted the Circa prices to win it all for both versus GSW. Very tight.

The only thing certain is a zig-zag pattern/effort...so far.

Again, the lines for a possible NBA Final against GSW are not "tight", Circa: Heat +165/-190 and Celtics +110/-130. Celtics are obviously thought by Circa to be much tougher matchup.

Heim

EOG Master
Again, the lines for a possible NBA Final against GSW are not "tight", Circa: Heat +165/-190 and Celtics +110/-130. Celtics are obviously thought by Circa to be much tougher matchup.

I was looking at the prices when BOS was down 2-1. Sometimes you can get a better gauge of what the market is thinking
down, rather 2-2 series.

With that being said. Smart and Williams questionable yet money still coming in on BOS.

Hmmm....

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
amazingly not one lead change in this series since the 1Q of GM2....

That's incredible. If I heard right (I was multi-baking) there's only been 4 lead changes for the entire series!!??

It's like soccer, super important to score that first FG of the game. Do that and you're all but insured a WIN.

Heim

EOG Master
As much as I like BOS here. I couldn't believe the late calls last game. Tatum would
drive, nothing called, he looks at the ref, gets the call. Happened repeatedly with Brown
too. Either the foul is called when it occurs or no call.

Heim

EOG Master
They should have utilized pick and roll with Bam earlier or get him more involved (2H). Spo let Butler and some degree Strus shoot them out of it.

Last edited:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Kaepernick last played in the NFL in the 2016 NFL season.

At the time, he was battling Blaine Gabbert for the starting job in San Francisco.

Kaepernick is 34.

Last edited:

Heim

EOG Master
I like Lisa Salters post game. She asks some good questions. The other black woman Malika Andrews, horrible.

ESPN looking for a upstart Marie Taylor.

It ain't Malika.

kane

EOG master
BOS money correct, Butler ain't right.
The biggest contribution Pritchard has made was the dirty play that injured Jimmy's knee, funny how the talk was non stop when Poole grabbed at Morant's knee, but not once has anyone mentioned the dirty play by Pritchard, which was much worse than what Poole did, once Jimmy got hurt the series completely turned

Last edited:

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Banged up Boston is enough to get past the Heat but not GS.

I don't think either team from the East is going to beat the Warriors this year.

Really impressed by them, they remind me of some of the old SA teams the way they move the ball on offense.

Great passing for the most part.

Poole is better than Thompson on the offensive end and it isn't close. Way more efficient this last series.....

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
The ball movement and player movement from Golden State are gorgeous.

Boston's defense will be put to the test.

In a game of 3-on-3, do you like Curry, Thompson and Green or the younger guns of Tatum, Brown and Smart?

Tough call.

Two teams I want to bet, not fade.