Your Level of Concern About the Coronavirus......on a scale of 1-10

mr merlin

EOG Master
But the circumstances are so different that they can’t be treated the same. Breaking it down by city would even be better.
I didn't say treat them all the same, but you have govs in states with no virus(like OR and Maine) who are staying locked down for months, for him to ignore that while at the same time slamming Kemp in GA is pathetic.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Trump was caught with his pants down and told us this would all disappear on it’s own in April. He’s botched this crisis at every turn. If you think having a team of professionals who’s primary job is to handle a pandemic instead of Kushner there’s no helping you.

Ok, since you have made this point repeatedly about the team of pandemic professionals that were dismissed (note some others were just reassigned to other groups within the NSC) , name 3 or 4 of them, and describe their timely suggestions after dismissal about the pandemic that would have saved lives. BTW, this group did not even replenish the PPE supply after the 2009 swine flu.

Since this information is central to your criticism, I will trust you not to use Google, regurgitate some fake news website, and that you will provide a prompt factual answer.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
He'll be taken to the woodshed if the mods want to press him on Chinese goods. Most (if not all) of his dealings are with China.

cheapseats

EOG Master
Ok, since you have made this point repeatedly about the team of pandemic professionals that were dismissed (note some others were just reassigned to other groups within the NSC) , name 3 or 4 of them, and describe their timely suggestions after dismissal about the pandemic that would have saved lives. BTW, this group did not even replenish the PPE supply after the 2009 swine flu.

Since this information is central to your criticism, I will trust you not to use Google, regurgitate some fake news website, and that you will provide a prompt factual answer.
They don't have cartoons for this, so would not expect a rational answer.

The pandemic response team would have suggested proactive measures to mitigate spread of the virus. I’d imagine the pandemic response team would’ve educated trump enough that he wouldn’t advocate ingesting disinfectants. During the month of February the WH was basically ignoring the virus without taking any proactive measures.

A couple months ago you brought up Obama not properly handling the swine flu. Since this virus is likely to kill at least 10 times as many Americans how do you reconcile that happening under trumps watch?

Last edited:

mr merlin

EOG Master
Its a huge HOAX

I don't even wash my hands anymore and I will NEVER wear a mask.
I pray to god our state doesn't do the mask thing sleepy , I have masks and wont wear one.

We've had 415 deaths - 338 have been in nursing homes, most of the rest were old people not in nursing homes.

Yes it is a hoax.

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
1156 CV deaths last Sunday
1154 CC deaths today

NY deaths are down, the rest of the country up for the week to week

so frustrating to be essentially treading water week to week with such a slow downslope.

We'll know our Progress on Tuesday. Hopefully this week won't be the 5th consecutive with 2k+ days.

mr merlin

EOG Master
1154 CC deaths today

so frustrating to be essentially treading water week to week with such a slow downslope.

We'll know our Progress on Tuesday. Hopefully this week won't be the 5th consecutive with 2k+ days.
Yea, but NJ should start dropping pretty good, as should most of the other big ones. no fake deaths on the weekends sure helps.

boston massacre

EOG Master
[QUOTE="raiders72001, post: 7591948, member: 56"]Trump has done outstanding. No one but Trump wanted the travel ban in January. On February 26, Fauci said it was ok to go to the movies. No one would have done better.

Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, that Kool aid tastes good huh[/QUOTE]

You've been Drinking it for a Looooooooooooooooong Time.

Top of the Line.

FAKE NEWS CULT JUICE.

boston massacre

EOG Master
I'm watching this thing, it's supposed to be about reopening the country, every answer Trump gives is about what a great job he's done.

He hasn't said a single thing about how's he going to encourage that, how he might speed up the laggards, nothing, just 'Boy did i do a great job" , not a good look.

He Punches Back at the FAKE NEWS.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Two hours and Trump said absolutely nothing new on how he is going to help the economy or his future goals regarding the direction of the country....all about him as usual and his hatred for the media...

I didn't say treat them all the same, but you have govs in states with no virus(like OR and Maine) who are staying locked down for months, for him to ignore that while at the same time slamming Kemp in GA is pathetic.
He doesn't have the authority to tell a state what to do.

boston massacre

EOG Master
Two hours and Trump said absolutely nothing new on how he is going to help the economy or his future goals regarding the direction of the country....all about him as usual and his hatred for the media...

Why wouldn't he Hate the FAKE NEWS MEDIA.

I'd SPIT in their Face if the Cameras weren't on.

Any PUNK who Reports FAKE NEWS Should be Spit on, and their Face Stepped on.

Teach the PUNKS a Lesson.

PUNK FAKE NEWS.

mr merlin

EOG Master
It was disappointing, , almost every question was about timeline, give us an idea of when this or that might happen, and he said nothing but "soon i hope".

I stated in post 5771 what i wished they'd ask him.

The pandemic response team would have suggested proactive measures to mitigate spread of the virus. I’d imagine the pandemic response team would’ve educated trump enough that he wouldn’t advocate ingesting disinfectants. During the month of February the WH was basically ignoring the virus without taking any proactive measures.
You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. The best were there in January. They made recommendations and Trump listened to them. Everyone was fooled.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Basically right now were stuck, doesn't matter how many cases there are or how many deaths, we have to wait and watch the states that are loosening up, if they dont get worse, the relaxing will spread, if they do we're fucked.

Fauci was there in January and Trump listened and did what he said.

Dr. Fauci was appointed Director of NIAID in 1984. He oversees an extensive research portfolio of basic and applied research to prevent, diagnose, and treat established infectious diseases such as HIV/AIDS, respiratory infections, diarrheal diseases, tuberculosis and malaria as well as emerging diseases such as Ebola and Zika. NIAID also supports research on transplantation and immune-related illnesses, including autoimmune disorders, asthma and allergies. The NIAID budget for fiscal year 2020 is an estimated $5.9 billion.

Dr. Fauci has advised six Presidents on HIV/AIDS and many other domestic and global health issues. He was one of the principal architects of the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), a program that has saved millions of lives throughout the developing world.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
1154 CC deaths today

Really ridiculous to just compare two data points, its data mining at its worst. For instance, go back to 1498 on the Sunday
before or 1501 the Sunday before that. You need to look at something like the daily 7-day death moving average. Early on, the average rose every day. Recently, last 7 days, moving average has 2 Up and 5 Down days. last 14 days has 5 Up and 9 Down.

So I think your characterization of "slow downslope" is right. Certainly not a sharp drop, but more indicative of a flattening with a slight decline.

Last edited:
You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. The best were there in January. They made recommendations and Trump listened to them. Everyone was fooled.

Unfortunately for trump there is evidence that he ignored multiple reports and briefings warning of the upcoming Covid crisis dangers

mr merlin

EOG Master
Really ridiculous to just compare two data points, its data mining at its worst. For instance, go back to 1498 on the Sunday
before or 1501 the Sunday before that. You need to look at something like the daily 7-day death moving average. Early on, every average rose every day. Recently, last 7 days, moving average has 2 Up and 5 Down days. last 14 days has 5 Up and 9 Down.

So I think your characterization of "slow downslope" is right. Certainly not a sharp drop, but more indicative of a flattening with a slight decline.
The european countries had a lengthy plateau period with numerous dips and bumps, but they are fianlly dropping fast , the important thing is that while deaths lag, during that period infections are dropping rapidly.

Unfortunately for trump there is evidence that he ignored multiple reports and briefings warning of the upcoming Covid crisis dangers
Fake news. What did he ignore?. A 10 million man response team wouldn’t have changed a thing. Until recently Trump did everything Fauci said.

34 states had less than 1,000 deaths with most being elderly with preexisting conditions. They may have died by now if coronavirus didn’t exist.

Most of what you've posted in this thread is fake news and cartoons.

raiders72001 said:
12,469 died of the swine flu in the US.
93 coronavirus.
raiders72001 said:
The most important figure here is deaths and the US is at 93 while a much smaller population with testing in S. Korea is at 81.

[IMG]http://forums.eog.com/data/avatars/m/0/56.jpg?1538458860[/IMG]
raiders72001
Mar 6, 2020

1 - It's no different than the flu. I just worry about my parents. I don't visit them if I'm sick and I I don't even like to bring my kids over in the winter.

raiders72001 said:
12,469 died of the swine flu in the US.
93 coronavirus.
raiders72001 said:
The most important figure here is deaths and the US is at 93 while a much smaller population with testing in S. Korea is at 81.

[IMG]http://forums.eog.com/data/avatars/m/0/56.jpg?1538458860[/IMG]
raiders72001

Mar 6, 2020

1 - It's no different than the flu. I just worry about my parents. I don't visit them if I'm sick and I I don't even like to bring my kids over in the winter.
What’s your point? My predictions were wrong and you post fake news.

I was out playing ball with my kids today. Except for the east coast, this is one of the most overblown events in history as it pertains to the US.

What’s your point? My predictions were wrong and you post fake news.

I was out playing ball with my kids today. Except for the east coast, this is one of the most overblown events in history as it pertains to the US.

I didn’t list a single prediction by you in my previous post