Your Level of Concern About the Coronavirus......on a scale of 1-10

mr merlin

EOG Master
That would assume lockdown like stituation.

It looks like a lot of states will be opening back up soon. Numbers will spike
The states that are reopening never shut down for the most part. Even if they do spike that means ND will go from their current projection of 39 deaths, to 49, We'll just have to live with that.

High Times

EOG Master
If the truth ever comes out we will find out this thing was created in a Chinese lab either by accident or on purpose. No country puts a person in jail for discovering a deadly virus. He was put in jail for creating it.... 100%
Whether it was designed to be a weapon or just an accident the entire world should eliminate China and either nuke them or build a wall around China until they join the rest of the world. Fuck them!
Wouhan or whatever u call the shithole is where the Chinese have all their biology lads, genetic research including fucking with DNA! And that is what this is.. DNA acting as a weapon. No one has a clue how to stop it.....
China shut down that city because they knew how serious this thing is .....
And I believe the people that say this is just the beginning. This was planned.
Again why are we doing business with a bunch of godless insects!

Right again

mr merlin

EOG Master
Correct-It's also a fallacy to say we've already peaked without more knowledge of new hot spot areas that can and will arrive.
None can replicate the numbers coming out of NY.

Detroit, chicago, philly, maybe DC, those are the only chances, Large cities in the west are too spread out.

They showed a heat map of the whole country at the briefing that showed the virus collapsing almost everywhere in the country, except the few hot spots. huge drops everywhere the last 2 weeks or so.

High Times

EOG Master
Too many people have not been infected yet. You open up and there's a whole new set of targets for the thing....
Can't do it for a long time. It would be suicide to let people get together anytime soon.

railbird

EOG Master
remdesevir is a game changer, hydrocholorquine-zpak a game changer. remdesevir lready worked on past corona virus. I spoke with nurses and doctors again today, nobody knows any cases.

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
The peak is the only thing that matters, once it's confirmed, just double everything. the ride down will be very similar to the ride up. We've gone from nothing to now in 6 weeks, that puts us back to nothing by beginning of June, fudge factor middle of june.

I don't think the ride down from a peak would be identical at all. The growth is/was exponential. Unfortunately it's not symetrical with the dispersion. Especially if your peak does not occur when you are 50% of the way towards herd immunity threshold.

mr merlin

EOG Master
I don't think the ride down from a peak would be identical at all. The growth is/was exponential. Unfortunately it's not symetrical with the dispersion. Especially if your peak does not occur when you are 50% of the way towards herd immunity threshold.
It sounds good but that's not the way pandemics work, the peak, then wane. they may and probably will resurge(later), but they just dont plateau and stay there.

There will be more cases when people start mixing again, that's a guarantee, that would be true even if you stay shut for 10 years. The pandemic has peaked and 6 weeks from now it'll be like a faint whisper.

mr merlin

EOG Master
kane acts like an ass all the time and then he cries when called out. He'll try to get you banned if you return fire.
Weak people and worms do that. Pity them. Kane is ok, but he's pompous, zero sense of humor, zero personality. that's a tough way to go through life.

Bushay

NHL Expert
Weak people and worms do that. Pity them. Kane is ok, but he's pompous, zero sense of humor, zero personality. that's a tough way to go through life.
Did Merlin really just call a poster out for having a lack of a sense of humor? Are you frigging kidding me? 😂😂😂😂😂😂. This is seriously one for the EOG ARCHIVES! 😂😂😂😂

Bushay

NHL Expert
That would assume lockdown like stituation.

It looks like a lot of states will be opening back up soon. Numbers will spike
1000% correct. The right wants them back to work to try and save this guys 2nd term. He ain't winning a 2nd term if a cure came out tomorrow and we were all back to work in a week. As a result, many more will die under his watch. It's absolutely insane to open anything back up again till things are 100% under control. The fucker is toast either way. Sooner you idiots accept it, the quicker the country heals. Keep delaying it and watch the body count continue to stack up. Those are facts you can't deny.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Did Merlin really just call a poster out for having a lack of a sense of humor? Are you frigging kidding me? 😂😂😂😂😂😂. This is seriously one for the EOG ARCHIVES! 😂😂😂😂
It's clear you have no clue as to what I'm like. I've had people tell me ( before they got to know me well), they couldn't tell if I'm kidding or not most of the time, later on they figured out that I'm ALWAYS kidding. Then they start to like me.

In truth, with you, it's hard to kid around.

My analysis of you is that you're uncomfortable with your own thoughts and abilities, which is why you usually post links to other peoples thoughts.

Last edited:

mr merlin

EOG Master
It will be a clown show for some of these liberal run states with idiots for gov. opening up.
Especially so when the virus levels will be near zero. This is actually the best possible scenario for Trump, we're headed for a depression and the dems will get all the blame. :ROFLMAO:

mr merlin

EOG Master
Yup. Media no longer has an avenue to blame trump for deaths as it opens. Well, the will be the usual awipes, but won't work.
Yup, the red states will all be open, the bluest states closed(while their citizens stew), the US economy will be completely fucked, but trump will get none of the blame. It all works out in the end.

It's clear you have no clue as to what I'm like. I've had people tell me ( before they got to know me well), they couldn't tell if I'm kidding or not most of the time, later on they figured out that I'm ALWAYS kidding. Then they start to like me.

My analysis of you is that you're uncomfortable with your own thoughts and abilities, which is why you usually post links to other peoples thoughts.
you're on fire.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
I'll ask Kane because I know he'll give an honest and detailed answer...... anyone else can respond as well if prompted.

What's the reason for so much participation in politics?

Are you trying to change the mind of other posters?

Is this a hobby of some sort?

Is there a difference of any kind you're hoping to make?

Do you think you're making a difference in the election? Is that the goal?

Is it a bonding experience with others who believe the same way?

Are you trying to make a difference or is the bashing of each other, the anger, the name calling and hatred the fun of it?

I'm not judging you or anyone else, really just curious what exactly would be the motive for being so involved in this stuff on a daily basis.

I don't think Trump wins again but what if he does? Waking up daily with the orange man on your mind for another 4 years?

I'm really curious what Joe Poster is hoping to get done with his involvement in this sort of talk?

TIA.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
I'll ask Kane because I know he'll give an honest and detailed answer...... anyone else can respond as well if prompted.

Are you trying to make a difference or is the bashing of each other, the anger, the name calling and hatred the fun of it?

I'm not judging you or anyone else, really just curious what exactly would be the motive for being so involved in this stuff on a daily basis.

I don't think Trump wins again but what if he does? Waking up daily with the orange man on your mind for another 4 years?

I'm really curious what Joe Poster is hoping to get done with his involvement in this sort of talk?

TIA.

TIA.

For me personally I find it fascinating that anyone can follow an individual with no morals, no integrity, and zero truthfulness about himself....I have zero respect for him and his attitude against anyone who disagrees with him is puzzling ....he is nothing but a narcissistic bully....

My opinion means squat and has zero impact on the election and everyday politics....Trump reminds me of the countless cult leaders and religious thieves who line their pockets with easy money...He has no compassion for the average American citizen...the only thing he cares about is his pocketbook....

I know I can’t change minds about politics in this day and age but I always wonder how men like Trump can get support from any rational individual....I was born in 1951 and have witnessed a couple great Presidents...lived the civil rights movement and the Viet Nam War....I know what leadership is (ex military officer)...witnessed many leaders during my lifetime in the free world...Trump is not a leader.....he is a selfish arrogant prick....JMHO....

Bushay

NHL Expert

Wonderful, a self testimonial from Merlin about Merlins personal fun level when he’s not busting guts in here on a daily basis. Who do you have that can vouch for all that funny you’ve had bottled up in here for years and away from the forum? Railbird ? I mean after all, it’s not like you’ve wished death on anyone in here. Oh wait a minute.... strike that part too.

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
It sounds good but that's not the way pandemics work, the peak, then wane. they may and probably will resurge(later), but they just dont plateau and stay there.

There will be more cases when people start mixing again, that's a guarantee, that would be true even if you stay shut for 10 years. The pandemic has peaked and 6 weeks from now it'll be like a faint whisper.

every pandemic would be different

depends on how mitigation and herd immunity impacts the R naught as it goes

but no i'm not saying its a plateau. I'm saying it will go down more gradual and not be a mirror image of the exponential fast growth leading towards the peak.

mr merlin

EOG Master

TIA.
The conservatives here generally just state our opinions( i like this, I hate that), the lefties spend most of their time complaining about the opinions of conservatives.

Has one lefty here said what they would recommend with the shutdowns, how long to keep them on, etc. Nope, all they say is you better not do that, oh boy, you'll regret it...danger, danger will robinson.

boston massacre

EOG Master
I have different political views than KANE, BLUELINE, HEISENBERG and BIGRUNNER.

But I like all four men.

Politics is one thing, gambling is another.

Gamblers respect fellow gamblers, no matter their political ideology.

You on the Other Side of the Spectrum ?

Or somewhere in the Middle ?

You need to win the Independents to win the Election.

kane

EOG master
The conservatives here generally just state our opinions( i like this, I hate that), the lefties spend most of their time complaining about the opinions of conservatives.

Has one lefty here said what they would recommend with the shutdowns, how long to keep them on, etc. Nope, all they say is you better not do that, oh boy, you'll regret it...danger, danger will robinson.

I've been saying for weeks it's way too soon to open the country, okay maybe Wyoming and S Dakota, but any big state shouldn't open yet, it's way too soon. What I would do is reevaluate the situation every 2-3 weeks until I felt the time was right

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
[QUOTE="kane, post: 7586545, member: 105973" What I would do is reevaluate the situation every 2-3 weeks until I felt the time was right[/QUOTE]

no reason not to be monitoring day to day

it also shouldn't be binary. Yes-No/Open-Close

plenty can and will open and they'll open in a far different way from what "open" meant 3 months ago.

time is critical on both ends. If you fuck up and wait too long, you fucked up the economy and lives

if you fuck up and open too soon you fuck up the economy worse and lose more lives.

its a tightwire to tip toe on, and Civil Unrest is waiting on either side.

kane

EOG master
I have different political views than KANE, BLUELINE, HEISENBERG and BIGRUNNER.

But I like all four men.

Politics is one thing, gambling is another.

Gamblers respect fellow gamblers, no matter their political ideology.

Thanks John, even though we disagree politically, you're someone I've always had respect for. And like you there are many on the right who I disagree with politically but also have respect for, guys like FW, Valuist, McIrish, Ray Cabino, Sportsaremylife, ZZyzzRoad, ComputrBob, Topper, AA, and I'm sure there are others as well, this is just off the top of my head as I'm winging it here. Of course there are some on the right who I have little to no respect for, but no need in mentioning them