Your Level of Concern About the Coronavirus......on a scale of 1-10

Seriously Raiders, as far as predictions go I think this kills more than the flu this year ( almost sure it will kill more world wide and I think it will in US as well). If it kills less than the flu this year in the US I'd say Trump deserves a lot of credit because this virus isn't a joke.
This is nasty. Much worse than I originally thought. 22 just got hit in a nursing home near Chicago. Comparing how the US is doing to the rest of the world, Trump has been terrific. Just look how bad we were with swine flu.

WHAT MR. TRUMP SAID
“If you go back to the swine flu, it was nothing like this. They didn’t do testing like this, and actually they lost approximately 14,000 people, and they didn’t do the testing. They started thinking about testing when it was far too late.”
False. This is blatantly wrong. Diagnostic tests for the swine flu were approved and shipped out less than two weeks after the H1N1 virus was identified and a day before the first death in the United States.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention identified the first case of the virus on April 14, 2009. The Obama administration declared swine flu a public health emergency on April 26. The Food and Drug Administration approved a rapid test for the virus two days later. At the time, the C.D.C. had reported 64 cases and zero deaths. The C.D.C. began shipping test kits to public health laboratories on May 1 (at 141 cases and one death) and a second test was approved in July. From May to September 2009, the agency shipped more than 1,000 kits, each one able to test 1,000 specimens.
ADVERTISEMENT
Different tests developed by companies also came into widespread use, though researchers found flaws and limitations in them. A vaccine became available in early October but, amid reports of shortages, President Obama declared the outbreak a national emergency later that month. The estimated death toll in the United States from the H1N1 epidemic was 12,469 from April 2009 to A
You are talking semantics. How many lives were lost under Obama? How did we compare to the rest of the world? Nothing matters except for deaths.

You are talking semantics. How many lives were lost under Obama? How did we compare to the rest of the world? Nothing matters except for deaths.

Those aren't semantics-those are facts

I hope for everyones sake that there are less coronavirus deaths than the swine flu.

Last edited:

blueline

EOG Master
from the IL governor :

Sounding a familiar theme, the governor said he and his staff have been on the phone “day and night” with the medical testing supply chain. But, he argued, the federal government is “monopolizing supplies and not providing them to the states.”

“They set deadlines and they blew through them. They told us capacity would increase and it hasn’t. The powerhouse research institutions here in Illinois ... are lending their own world-class resources to the fight against COVID-19. But they’re running into the same roadblocks,” the governor said.

“This is an incredible failure by the federal government. And every day they continue to abdicate their responsibilities is another day that we fall behind. I’ve requested — and now I’m demanding — that the White House, the FDA, the CDC produce a rapid increase in test deployment nationwide or get out of the way and allow us to obtain them elsewhere ourselves.”

cheapseats

EOG Master
The media and the left called Trump Hitler for being fast out of the gate to ban China. Now the same sacks of shit are whinning Trump is nor doing enough. Leftist retards.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
The media and the left called Trump Hitler for being fast out of the gate to ban China. Now the same sacks of shit are whinning Trump is nor doing enough. Leftist retards.

So fast? Please....

Trump and Limbaugh said it was no worse than the common cold....if he would have appointed medical experts to combat the virus instead of Pence, he might have had better results....zero leadership....

So fast? Please...

Trump and Limbaugh said it was no worse than the common cold....if he would have appointed medical experts to combat the virus instead of Pence, he might have had better results....zero leadership....
No one knew the seriousness of coronavirus. Trump acted accordingly. You can't just shut the country down without good reason.

boston massacre

EOG Master
"After weeks of echoing president Donald Trump's optimistic assurances that the impact of the Coronavirus on the US would likely be minimal, Fox news hosts are now admitting that the pandemic might be a pretty big deal after all."

To Bad all the Lying Rats over at CNN didn't do the same Thing.

Last edited:

kane

EOG master
No one knew the seriousness of coronavirus. Trump acted accordingly. You can't just shut the country down without good reason.

Yeah, there were plenty of people who knew the seriousness of Coronavirus. No, Trump didn't act accordingly, his initial response was the virus was a hoax started by the Democrats to hurt him politically, then he said it was no worse than having a cold and that it will go away on it's own, even suggesting people who felt sick should go to work, by the time he realized the seriousness of the virus, it was weeks late. Trying to save lives from a pandemic is a good reason to shut down the country, had Trump taken this seriously from the beginning we would be way ahead in dealing with it than we are now

kane

EOG master
trump said yesterday he knew it was a pandemic before anyone else did...how much of the nonsense he spews does he actually believe is true

If that's the case, then his slow response is even more pathetic. He claims he knew it was a pandemic before anyone, yet his response was calling it a hoax and telling the American people it was nothing more than having a cold, he said there was nothing to worry about and people should just go on with their lives. Imagine anyone, let alone the president, knowing a pandemic is about to hit, but telling us there's nothing to worry about since it's a hoax. His dealings with this crisis makes W look like a hero the way he handled Katrina

blueline

EOG Master
This is a pandemic. I felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic," Trump said at a press conference with his coronavirus task force. "All you had to do was look at other countries."

kane

EOG master
its just another example of him saying anything fact or fiction at anytime to try and give the appearance that he is intelligent and on top of things

The sad part is the way so many on the right blindly believe everything he says, they don't ever question anything he says, they just take him at his word, this despite the fact that he's a pathological liar. The other day a reporter asked him to grade his handling of the virus on a scale of 1-10, of course he gave himself a 10, surprised he didn't respond with saying 11

blueline

EOG Master
the median age of a fox news viewer is 65..those would appear to be the most susceptible to the virus...pretty sad

kane

EOG master
This is a pandemic. I felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic," Trump said at a press conference with his coronavirus task force. "All you had to do was look at other countries."

The right and right wing media will play revisionist history with this, months from now they'll claim the president was on top of things right from the start, and his handling of the crisis was perfect, they'll say how his immediate and quick response saved American lives and he prevented it from being much worse than it otherwise would have been. Of course the facts will show different, but it won't matter to right wing media, they, along with Trump, will declare him a hero for the way he handled the crisis, completely ignoring his bungling of it at the beginning. Going forward I really hope he gets his shit together, listens to the experts and does what they recommend, I hope this country gets back to normal as soon as possible, but nothing can change the fact that Trump fucked this up at the beginning, no amount of revisionist history will change his slow and inadequate response at the onset of this virus

kane

EOG master
the median age of a fox news viewer is 65..those would appear to be the most susceptible to the virus...pretty sad

And they're the ones who were getting mis-information right from the start. I linked an article the other day about several Fox news hosts now admitting they were wrong about the virus and that it's much more serious than they were initially saying, they were parroting the president by saying it was a hoax to hurt him politically, they were saying it was nothing to worry about. Hannity, Ingraham, and someone called Jesse Watters among others, admitted they were wrong, of course the president would never admit he was wrong and his handiling at the onset was slow and inadequite, but at least his minions at Fox had the decency to do so

kane

EOG master
Those aren't semantics-those are facts

I hope for everyones sake that there are less coronavirus deaths than the swine flu.

C'mon Heisey, you're on the Left, don't you know we're supposed to be rooting for as many American deaths as possible. Every day I wake up and the first thing I do is check the death count, the more the better. Let's go virus, let's go, clap clap clap. Let's go virus, let's go, clap clap clap

bomzee

EOG Dedicated
when this thread originated I was at 6.8 -
Now I'm at 9.9
Hopefully in a few months we will be marveling at our resiliency and recovery.

C'mon Heisey, you're on the Left, don't you know we're supposed to be rooting for as many American deaths as possible. Every day I wake up and the first thing I do is check the death count, the more the better. Let's go virus, let's go, clap clap clap. Let's go virus, let's go, clap clap clap

Cant take anything trump or his cultists say seriously.

I hope trump and his team find a way out of this mess. But I’m not optimistic they have the competency to.

mr merlin

EOG Master
They just had the daily news briefing, was it my imagination or was the one topic that kept getting asked again and again was about the terminology "chinese virus"?

Much of the country is shutting down, people are trapped in their houses, millions are being laid off, the market is crashing, and yet reporters think people care about that?

The media is so disconnected to reality it's stunning.

kane

EOG master
They just had the daily news briefing, was it my imagination or was the one topic that kept getting asked again and again was about the terminology "chinese virus"?

Much of the country is shutting down, people are trapped in their houses, millions are being laid off, the market is crashing, and yet reporters think people care about that?

Trump is now calling it the Chinese Virus, this way he gets to place blame while distancing himself from his poor handling of it, in his mind this is all China's fault and he doesn't need to accept any responsibility whatsoever. There will plenty of time to assign blame and who should get the majority of it, but now isn't that time, now is a time to deal with the virus without making it political. Last night I turned on Fox, just curious to see what they were talking about, and there was a debate on whether or not it's appropriate to call it the "Chinese Virus" or not. I have a feeling going forward right wing media will be calling it the "Chinese Virus"

Lets focus on what POTUS said yesterday and today for clarity

Trump yesterday: claimed he always knew it was a pandemic

Trump today: Claiming the virus “snuck up on US”

I give you credit Merlin, for stating from the get go the severity of the this virus. I wish trump took it as seriously as you did.

Trumps put his re election priorities ahead of the well being of the American people.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Trump is now calling it the Chinese Virus, this way he gets to place blame while distancing himself from his poor handling of it, in his mind this is all China's fault and he doesn't need to accept any responsibility whatsoever. There will plenty of time to assign blame and who should get the majority of it, but now isn't that time, now is a time to deal with the virus without making it political. Last night I turned on Fox, just curious to see what they were talking about, and there was a debate on whether or not it's appropriate to call it the "Chinese Virus" or not. I have a feeling going forward right wing media will be calling it the "Chinese Virus"
Can I agree with a lib? I am here.

Valuist

EOG Master
It doesn't matter what Trump says or does. If the people don't take it seriously, and still crowd South Beach like brain dead morons, we are in big trouble. "I'm young and very unlikely to die so nothing to worry about", seems to be their thought process. Except they are the real carriers. Too many people living in a vacuum.

Last edited by a moderator:

mr merlin

EOG Master
My opinion is trump should not call it the chinese virus - he should call it Wuhan virus, a scientific term on a par with Ebola, west nile, mers, marberg, etc.

Exactly-It’s step one of the trump playbook. Distract from the issue at hand and fire up the base with xenophobia

mr merlin

EOG Master
Exactly-It’s step one of the trump playbook. Distract from the issue at hand and fire up the base with xenophobia
Xenophobia huh? China lied about the virus, lied about it's severity, barred WHO inspectors, barred US epidemiologists, and it's our fault huh? Trumps choice of words is terrible, but china's actions, which have devestated the world economy(and health) are no biggie.

You lefties sure are crazy.

fifty cint

EOG Dedicated
Trump...."IT came from China there was nothing we could do about it" always giving us the answers to the tough questions.

Whoson1st

EOG Dedicated
According to one set of data that i heard today: The average person 65 and older with an underlying condition (such as emphazema) (that's me) will live only 8 days after being confirmed with this virus. Yes, it's scary.