Is it gay to listen to Alanis Morissette?

Re: Is it gay to listen to Alanis Morissette?

absolutely not...one of the greatest musicians ever....unplugged was fantastic:thumbsup

Everything of hers that I hear is fantastic.

Her parody of that douchenozzle Fergie's My Humps was fantastic.

One of the few modern day singers that can actually sing.

rjt721

EOG Master

Only if you're sucking cock while listening to her music.

Journeyman

EOG Master

Yeah she's got a great voice, I remember being at the beach in 1995 when her breakthough album came out, not seeing any videos, just hearing her voice....that one song she had that summer, she sounded like some hot bitch....then seeing her, kinda changed the perception I had of her.

Yeah she's got a great voice, I remember being at the beach in 1995 when her breakthough album came out, not seeing any videos, just hearing her voice....that one song she had that summer, she sounded like some hot bitch....then seeing her, kinda changed the perception I had of her.

you dont think she's hot? ryan reynolds would have disagreed with you and i doubt you are as good looking as him

Journeyman

EOG Master

lol okay, of course I couldn't possibly be good looking, it's the internet.

no I don't, I wouldn't do her, period.

Apple

Banned

Not at all. I met her in 1996 and she looked better in person than on tv. Jagged little pill is a great cd.

Journeyman

EOG Master

she seems like a cool girl, just not all that great looking....not horrible, haven't seen her lately.

12 Juno Awards.
7 Grammy Awards.

I'd say she's an accomplished musician.

"Jagged Little Pill" and specifically "You Oughta Know" was groundbreaking at the time. Lines like "Does she go down on you in a theater?" and "Do you think of me when you fuck her?" were song by every whore in every bar.

"Ironic" is a song that will live on for a long time.

Some could argue her success foreshadowed the breakthroughs of Pink (GD personal favorite) and Avril Lavigne, i.e. the angry female rocker.

She does have a few somewhat annoying songs in my opinion such as "Thank U" and "Hand in my Pocket".

To me "Uninvited" could be considered a poignant and chilling tune.

She also played a heckuva God in "Dogma".

Alanis certainly has had her share of issues, but has to be considered as relevant and talented a musician in the female rocker genre as there could possibly be.

That is all.

12 Juno Awards.
7 Grammy Awards.

I'd say she's an accomplished musician.

"Jagged Little Pill" and specifically "You Oughta Know" was groundbreaking at the time. Lines like "Does she go down on you in a theater?" and "Do you think of me when you fuck her?" were song by every whore in every bar.

"Ironic" is a song that will live on for a long time.

Some could argue her success foreshadowed the breakthroughs of Pink (GD personal favorite) and Avril Lavigne, i.e. the angry female rocker.

She does have a few somewhat annoying songs in my opinion such as "Thank U" and "Hand in my Pocket".

To me "Uninvited" could be considered a poignant and chilling tune.

She also played a heckuva God in "Dogma".

Alanis certainly has had her share of issues, but has to be considered as relevant and talented a musician in the female rocker genre as there could possibly be.

That is all.

the doberman has sensational taste in music that is for sure!:cheers

Griswold,
FWIW personally I do not like her all that much. I appreciate her musical talent and think she has done some fairly groundbreaking stuff, but there are probably dozens and dozens of other female singers I'd pick over her simply to listen to.

It's like saying Norah Jones is a great musician. Sure she is, but I could not put her CD on play all the way through much less repeat.

Griswold,
FWIW personally I do not like her all that much. I appreciate her musical talent and think she has done some fairly groundbreaking stuff, but there are probably dozens and dozens of other female singers I'd pick over her simply to listen to.

It's like saying Norah Jones is a great musician. Sure she is, but I could not put her CD on play all the way through much less repeat.

fair enough

texansfan

EOG Master

ask your lady, you you you "oughtta know"...:LMAO

Actually, my wife hates Coldplay as much as I do. I just don't get them. If I was given the option of listening to Coldplay or no music at all I'm giving up radio.

But, there's one school of thought that says: if you have to ask, then it probably is. . . .

You guys who dont like Coldplay stagger me. I have no clue why. They actually play instruments, most noteworthy is the piano. If you dont like the piano being the lead instrument, or the most identifiable instrument of a band, then best to you.

Dave Matthews Band: noteworthy, the violin.

They both actually produce and play music. And its original. How they suck I dont get it.

12io4j2w90

janus

EOG Dedicated

You guys who dont like Coldplay stagger me. I have no clue why. They actually play instruments, most noteworthy is the piano. If you dont like the piano being the lead instrument, or the most identifiable instrument of a band, then best to you.

Dave Matthews Band: noteworthy, the violin.

They both actually produce and play music. And its original. How they suck I dont get it.

12io4j2w90

ask satriani how original coldplay is.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/12/05/coldplay-sued-for-plagiar_n_148676.html

janus

EOG Dedicated

i didnt read anywhere where they were found liable, or any out of court settlements were made or offered. youre not really trying to say coldplay is a "milli vanilli" are you? id like to hear satriani's song...

look it up on youtube.. its not only close, its exact. there's no question it was pirated. i like coldplay better than satriani, but its irrefutable, note for note.

janus

EOG Dedicated

to have the same underlying chord progression would be suspect, but they have the exact same beat/rhythm and the lead notes (satriani's guitar v coldplay's vocals). i'd like to see the odds those coincidences would all occur in the same song.

it may have come from innocent subconscious suggestion rather than overt piracy, but the source is obvious.

to have the same underlying chord progression would be suspect, but they have the exact same beat/rhythm and the lead notes (satriani's guitar v coldplay's vocals). i'd like to see the odds those coincidences would all occur in the same song.

it may have come from innocent subconscious suggestion rather than overt piracy, but the source is obvious.

there may be validity to what youre saying.. their music certainly doesnt strike me as inauthentic