Hypothetical question

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!
If the call in the Steelers game was not overturned, what is the correct decision for Pitt to make from the 6 inch line and why?:pop:

Re: Hypothetical question

tough, tough call, but with that kinda time on the clock, I'd have to go for the tie. The Steelers were moving the ball well on offense in the fourth, the Ravens were not and momentum would favor the Steelers in the extra period.

Tuckman

Uh Poster

i say go for it, u already have a playoff spot and now are trying to fight for home feild throughout the playoffs.. after seeing tenn lost, its a good oppertunity to try and pick up a game on them and what better chance to do it from the 6" line...the reward is alot higher then the risk, even if they were stopped i believe going for it woulda been the correct call in thier situation

WVU

EOG Master

They have a big strong QB. You have to go for the win on the sneak.

You go for the WIN, period..:rolleyes:

Almost every GOOD Coach in the NFL would have enough confidence in his team's ability to gain 6 inches, except perhaps the Steelers...

I would ask myself would I rather have the game possibly being decided by a coin flip or my offense gaining 6 inches...

This isn't that close...

THE SHRINK

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!

FTR I have a very strong opinion on this and will voice it after while.

Timetopay

EOG Master

You go for the WIN, period..:rolleyes:

Almost every GOOD Coach in the NFL would have enough confidence in his team's ability to gain 6 inches, except perhaps the Steelers...

Not here in Tampa.

We keep fucking running shotgun whenever we need an inch or two to get a first down.

:hangt

Timetopay

EOG Master

Ray it comes down to this

What are the percentages of making a 4th and inches compared to the percentage of winning in overtime.

4th and inches for me.

High Times

EOG Master

Go for it and it's not even debatable.

If you can't make a yard you don't deserve to win the game anyways. That's what coach's tell their team every day in practice.

driver8

EOG Addicted

Go for it, less than a yard, big qb and all the momentum. You're rolling the dice in overtime.

ShavenCoinpurse

EOG Dedicated

Okay, but if you went for it, what type of play do you call? I think it is a high probability that the ravens stuff the line looking for a Qb sneak. Do you run the Qb sneak, risk a handoff in the backfield, or roll out Big ben?

Tuckman

Uh Poster

Okay, but if you went for it, what type of play do you call? I think it is a high probability that the ravens stuff the line looking for a Qb sneak. Do you run the Qb sneak, risk a handoff in the backfield, or roll out Big ben?

fleaflicker would be the right call imo oij213490

What are the percentages of making a 4th and inches compared to the percentage of winning in overtime.

4th and inches for me.

With the Ravens defense, 4 and even an inch is no gimme, not even close. The Ravens failed to move the ball in the 4th, the Steelers moved it 90 yards. OT favors the Steelers even if they lost the coin flip.

Tuckman

Uh Poster

With the Ravens defense, 4 and even an inch is no gimme, not even close. The Ravens failed to move the ball in the 4th, the Steelers moved it 90 yards. OT favors the Steelers even if they lost the coin flip.

but flaccoo is a stud, just ask everyone :LMAO

Bugman

EOG Dedicated

In most games...go for the win.

In this game you would kick the Fg. Pitt was dominating, & the Ravens were playing offense like timid little B!tches. You playstation guys don't realize what going for it there & not getting it would do to your team down the road. The Steelers are a much better team right now & it showed. The Ravens were beat down on defense yet again, as their HC leaned on them too much again.

Tuckman

Uh Poster

Yeah, I enjoyed his studly start yesterday: 0-4 for 0 yards and an INT. ::LMAO::

but but, hes been great all season against the bottom feeders of the league...baltimore is a joke and cant beat a winning team...thier schedule had to be one of the easiest in league this year..

driver8

EOG Addicted

All it takes is a good kick return and a couple completions and they're in fg range, pretty risky.

All it takes is a good kick return and a couple completions and they're in fg range, pretty risky.
Yeah, but on that short a field with that defense, coming away after 90 yards with nothing is more than just risky, it's a big deflator, too.

Timetopay

EOG Master

SG - you are just plain wrong here and it is why a girl could never be a coach.

:devil:

You are really telling me you think its a better shot to go to overtime where a kick return,fumble,pass interference,interception,blocked punt,or even Balt putting together one drive over making 6 inches on a tired defense who you just went 90 yards on.

Come on girl2348ji23e

I wouldn't give up your day job for Coaching...

Just sayin...:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

Journeyman

EOG Master

definitely go for the win there...you have a much higher percentage chance of making the 3 inches than winning in OT.

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!

4th and inches for me.
This is the exact way to think about this. What are the chances of Ben being successful getting 6 inches? I would say about 85% as I have earlier but would be willing to give in and say that worst case scenario they would have a 75% chance to convert. Now, what are the chances of the Steelers winning in OT? I don't think anyone can make a logical argument that Pitt had a better than 60% chance of winning in OT (between 40-55% would be my estimation). Therefore I believe this is a no-brainer to go for it.:cheers

Only because of Ben's size, I would go for it. A more "normal" sized QB would cause me to kick. No handoff or anything at all behind the line of scrimmage, the Raven D would sell out and get penetration. Just give it to Ben and follow the best tackle into the endzone.

sg - why not go for it? no confidence in big ben to get 6 inches?
Not a matter of confidence, but of odds and momentum. No 2 D in the league on that short of a field with the play call pretty obviously a sneak. 50-50 they stop him and Pitt takes the loss. The Steeler offense was definely NOT the highlight of this game; however, in OT, I give the Steelers a better chance to be the team that scores based on how each team played the 4th quarter.
Tough either way. I'd likely have been disappointed if they didn't go for it, but, thinking logically, I can see the Ravens D stopping that play.

cassiusclay

EOG Master

kick it and take your chances, i think it happened twice yesterday in other games where teams fumbled going in for scores, one was in the redskins/bengals game.

betfirstclass

EOG Dedicated

RAY is 100% correct, lets say pit had 65% chance to win in OT they still have Better chance on 4th & less than Foot. I would sneak BIG BEN but even if you had 5'8" 140# QB you STILLLLLLLLLLLLL go for it with RB/FB & if they can't get 12 inches RAVENS deserve the Win ..........

also this Reply has turned into Judgement calls AND that not why we use it, Do I think it was TD, Yesssssssssssssssssssss was I 100% sure after viewing 102 replays, Noooooooooooooooo

They are starting to "GUESS" on replays and thats not why it's there

huh. so you don't belive your team had a better than 50/50 chance to make 6 inches. that's interesting! i woulda thought most people would think they would make such a short distance with BB.

Oh, and all the "don't deserve to win if you can't get six inches" is hogwash. The team that wins "deserved" the win. You get there any way you can. Same goes for the "right" side on a bet that lost. The "right" side is the side that cashed.

huh. so you don't belive your team had a better than 50/50 chance to make 6 inches. that's interesting! i woulda thought most people would think they would make such a short distance with BB.
Simple as this:
Ravens' D > Steelers O.

Steelers D > Ravens entire team.

Oh, and all the "don't deserve to win if you can't get six inches" is hogwash. The team that wins "deserved" the win. You get there any way you can. Same goes for the "right" side on a bet that lost. The "right" side is the side that cashed.
Amen to that 91023i2ndw;l

betfirstclass

EOG Dedicated

RAY

i likie this "scenerio" better 4 th & 1.5 yds you are still prob 70/30 to make 1.5 yards AND I 100% play the percentages and take my chances HOWEVER 9/10 MAYBE 10/10 coaches KICK on 4th & 1 and play for OT it is bad move

as is say VANDY @ FLA vandy scores TD and has opportunity to go for two OR play for OT they are 3-1 maybe 4-1 or 5-1 LOSE in OT and yet much less to make 2-pt play MEANING u go for 2 in my opinion

OK enough %

% BFC loses on IN-game tonight 78.92 (LOL)