MCCAIN PICKS GOV.SARAH PALIN....YES A WOMEN

SSI

EOG Dedicated
Re: MCCAIN PICKS GOV.SARAH PALIN....YES A WOMEN

over 18 million went for hillary as well...............

Panic

EOG Dedicated

Obviously, over 18 million voters think he is qualified.

:LMAO Thats your argument point?

Thats like me posting a picture and saying"Presidential...and laughing"....oh sorry someone already did that on here from the Dems to.

What great debating points.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Who's more qualified to be Prez: Hillary or Sarah Palin?

I think we can all pretty much agree it is

HILLARY

How'd Hillary did in all this? OK - not bad but not good enuf. IF Hillary wasn't good enough to win the nomination what makes anyone think Palin will help McCain get it?

This move is like the boxer who has lost the first 11 rounds and knows he needs a 12th round MIRACLE KO to win the fight - he is hoping for a one-punch fluke KO - and that rarely happens

John McCain LOST the election today - zero doubt about it and if he actually thinks this helps him win he is even more delusional than we know and it is even better he doesn't win

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

Just as hypocritical as Obama preaching change and then turning around and picking a 35 year vet. of politics in Biden. Hypocrisy there as well, right? I know you live by Keith and all the CNN "Dem"igods, but seriously, you have to know it goes both ways.

Change is getting out of this hell hole we have been put in the last eight years. Change is going over to Germany and getting 200 thousand people to come see you not because of you but because the rest of the world can't stand us and want a change also.

Rxx

EOG Veteran

over 18 million went for hillary as well...............

and that is what is going to make this a very interesting election. You cant think for a moment that the choice of Palin is not about trying to get the PUMA's for McCain. We will find out soon enough how many Hillary supporters voted for her based on her gender or her beliefs.

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

All this talk about experience is a fukin joke. Nobody had as much experience as Cheney and this rotten fuk robbed the country blind and if ya can't see it them maybe you are to dangerously stupid to vote.

cheapseats

EOG Master

Regardless, this was a very political chioce, and the republicans knew they had to counter a "change" ticket that BO/JB are running; they are worried-period. Now, lets see how Joe 6-Pack reacts to this selection.

texansfan

EOG Master

Change is going over to Germany and getting 200 thousand people to come see you not because of you but because the rest of the world can't stand us and want a change also.

Did 200,000 Germans really show up to see Obama?

<SCRIPT src="http://s.wordpress.com/wp-content/plugins/adverts/adsense.js?1" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT>The US media has led us to believe that 200,000 young Germans showed up on a Thursday to listen to the junior senator from Illinois give a speech. If it were true maybe it would be amazing. We?ve been hoodwinked again.
Hat tip to No Quarter for picking up on this. Those 200,000 Germans really showed up for free concerts by wildly popular German reggae singer Patrice and the pop band Reamonn. If a free concert wasn?t enough, they also gave away free bratwurst and beer.

::LMAO::::LMAO::::LMAO::::LMAO::::LMAO::

Culver

EOG Veteran

Keep in mind today's three day tracking poll was taken Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evening. That means 2/3's hadn't heard Bill Clinton and Joe Biden and none of them had heard Obama's speech late last night.

August 29, 2008

Gallup Daily: Obama Stretches Lead to 8 Points

Lead one of largest in campaign

PRINCETON, NJ -- The latest Gallup Poll Daily tracking finds Barack Obama moving to an eight percentage point lead over John McCain, 49% to 41%.
Obama's significant lead over McCain almost certainly reflects the effects of the Democratic National Convention. The two presidential candidates were tied at 45% in the last Gallup Poll Daily tracking results conducted entirely before the convention began. The latest results include interviews from Tuesday through Thursday night, though most of the interviewing was conducted before Obama's acceptance speech late Thursday.
Gallup has measured the convention bounce for candidates in previous years by comparing the last poll conducted entirely before the convention began with the first poll conducted entirely after the convention concludes. That historical calculation is complicated this year by the intense media focus on McCain's selection of Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin as his vice presidential running mate on Friday, and the increasing focus on next week's Republican National Convention.
Obama has clearly seen a rise in the polls since the convention began with a 4-point increase in his support (from 45% to 49%) with the margin moving eight points in his favor. Obama's largest advantage at any point in the campaign was a 9-point lead recorded July 24-26, so as his party's convention concludes, he is about as strongly positioned as he has been at any point this year.

Seymour

EOG Dedicated

She has an unheard of 80% approval rating in Alaska - 50% is considered outstanding - welcome to the right side women - 5 kids and a hockey mom - she's a real person - and not an angry c$unt like Michelle

Panic

EOG Dedicated

Love that she made reference to Hillary at the end. Say hello to the White house, McCain because that will be your next residence. Here come all the Hillary voters for the Rep. side and if that happens, Barack has no chance in hell.

texansfan

EOG Master

Funny thing is I've never met anyone in my life who has taken part in a poll. Those things are always 100% accurate and nobody would ever lie in one would they? How many people are saying they are voting for Obama but once inside the voting booth they punch in a vote for McCain?

Again, the only poll that matters happens on the 4th day in November.

Panic

EOG Dedicated

Keep in mind today's three day tracking poll was taken Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evening. That means 2/3's hadn't heard Bill Clinton and Joe Biden and none of them had heard Obama's speech late last night.

August 29, 2008

PRINCETON, NJ -- The latest Gallup Poll Daily tracking finds Barack Obama moving to an eight percentage point lead over John McCain, 49% to 41%.
Obama's significant lead over McCain almost certainly reflects the effects of the Democratic National Convention. The two presidential candidates were tied at 45% in the last Gallup Poll Daily tracking results conducted entirely before the convention began. The latest results include interviews from Tuesday through Thursday night, though most of the interviewing was conducted before Obama's acceptance speech late Thursday.
Gallup has measured the convention bounce for candidates in previous years by comparing the last poll conducted entirely before the convention began with the first poll conducted entirely after the convention concludes. That historical calculation is complicated this year by the intense media focus on McCain's selection of Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin as his vice presidential running mate on Friday, and the increasing focus on next week's Republican National Convention.
Obama has clearly seen a rise in the polls since the convention began with a 4-point increase in his support (from 45% to 49%) with the margin moving eight points in his favor. Obama's largest advantage at any point in the campaign was a 9-point lead recorded July 24-26, so as his party's convention concludes, he is about as strongly positioned as he has been at any point this year.

Will fall back in place after the Republican convention.

Seymour

EOG Dedicated

That Gallup poll is great - McCain was leading in it over the weekend - it's bounce and nothing else

August 29, 2008

Obama has clearly seen a rise in the polls since the convention began with a 4-point increase in his support (from 45% to 49%) with the margin moving eight points in his favor. Obama's largest advantage at any point in the campaign was a 9-point lead recorded July 24-26, so as his party's convention concludes, he is about as strongly positioned as he has been at any point this year. (To view the complete trend since March 7, 2008.-

Of course the ppoll numbers will favor the Dems at this point - I mean, for crying out loud, their having their freakin' convention! I would think the numbers and the spotlight would be on them - much as it has been for months! It's no wonder with McCain having won the Rep. nom so early (
taking himself completely out of the media for months) and Obama and clinton being in the one of the closest most debated Dem races I've evr seen. In having such a race, the dems captivated america for months, never giving thought to the repuclican nominee.
Wait till the Rep. convention and til both men equally share the spotlight of running for Pres. and those numbers will change.

Panic

EOG Dedicated

Funny thing is I've never met anyone in my life who has taken part in a poll. Those things are always 100% accurate and nobody would ever lie in one would they? How many people are saying they are voting for Obama but once inside the voting booth they punch in a vote for McCain?

Again, the only poll that matters happens on the 4th day in November.

Exactly. I could have swore all the polls had Kerry ahead of Bush. What happened?

You will see women like Streisand and Surandon standing for the Dems, but voting for Palin.

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

She has an unheard of 80% approval rating in Alaska - 50% is considered outstanding - welcome to the right side women - 5 kids and a hockey mom - she's a real person - and not an angry c$unt like Michelle
Bush had a 80 percent rating after 9/11 an then he decided to con the gullible to go into Iraq. By the way is Michelle running for anything?

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

Did 200,000 Germans really show up to see Obama?

<script src="http://s.wordpress.com/wp-content/plugins/adverts/adsense.js?1" type="text/javascript"></script>The US media has led us to believe that 200,000 young Germans showed up on a Thursday to listen to the junior senator from Illinois give a speech. If it were true maybe it would be amazing. We?ve been hoodwinked again.
Hat tip to No Quarter for picking up on this. Those 200,000 Germans really showed up for free concerts by wildly popular German reggae singer Patrice and the pop band Reamonn. If a free concert wasn?t enough, they also gave away free bratwurst and beer.

::LMAO::::LMAO::::LMAO::::LMAO::::LMAO::
All those applause were for a concert? I don't remember hearing any music while he was talking.:+clueless

Panic

EOG Dedicated

Thor, relax. The wheels are falling off of the Democratic cart and once the Republicans hold their convention its all over but the crying.

As far as your germany statement, I find it funny that you support that Barack was over there, but McCain was here holding townhall meetings convincing the American people of what he can do for this great nation. I'll take that guy, instead of the other guy running all over the globe telling countries how fvcked up we are and he will change it and be on their side.

texansfan

EOG Master

All those applause were for a concert? I don't remember hearing any music while he was talking.:+clueless

The article states they came for a free concert, why would music be playing while he was talking? Reading comprehension issues?

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

You mean the Dems? :devil:

Yeah those who voted for it were gullible and played a political game. But if you knew the history of this corrupt Bush family then you would have voted against it like Obama did.

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

The article states they came for a free concert, why would music be playing while he was talking? Reading comprehension issues?

why would they be applauding after everything he said and not just go get a hotdog when he started speaking?

Seymour

EOG Dedicated

Bush had a 80 percent rating after 9/11 an then he decided to con the gullible to go into Iraq. By the way is Michelle running for anything?

She's running for first lady - she's a domineering bitch who tells the scrawny Kenyan what to do - so yes, she is a factor

texansfan

EOG Master

Yeah Thor, the Bush family is the only corrupt political family in all of Washington D.C. Them Kennedy's and others are just angels sent from heaven.

Love that she made reference to Hillary at the end. Say hello to the White house, McCain because that will be your next residence. Here come all the Hillary voters for the Rep. side and if that happens, Barack has no chance in hell.

My wife was offended that she mentioned Hillary....

First off, Hillary will rip her because Ms. Clinton is VERY EXPERIENCED whereas this woman isn't..

You just can't put a skirt on another female and actually believe she will be as liked as Hillary is...

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

Thor, relax. The wheels are falling off of the Democratic cart and once the Republicans hold their convention its all over but the crying.

As far as your germany statement, I find it funny that you support that Barack was over there, but McCain was here holding townhall meetings convincing the American people of what he can do for this great nation. I'll take that guy, instead of the other guy running all over the globe telling countries how fvcked up we are and he will change it and be on their side.
I was a mcCain fan in 2000. He has flipflopped so much on his positions that he makes the biggest flip flopper in history blush. Im a registered independent by the way. I vote what is best for my country and state. I like my Republican senator. I voted for him. I couldn't give two shits about parties unlike you who will vote the party line each and every time.

Panic

EOG Dedicated

First off, Hillary will rip her because Ms. Clinton is VERY EXPERIENCED whereas this woman isn't..

You just can't put a skirt on another female and actually believe she will be as liked as Hillary is...

Was your wife a Barack supporter or a Hillary supporter?

What she did there, is what any great political electee whould do, she made a call to all the scorned voters of Hillary. Right or wrong, all is far in love and war, and she just opened the door and rolled out the welcome mat for them.

Obviously, Hilary isn't as well like as she thinks she is as she'll be catching this race from the sidelines. No woman respects another woman who lets her husband get away with staining his interns dress. She was spineless in handling her philandering husband and she would have been spineless as a president.
Comparing her to Palin is ridiculous. There's only one thing they have in common and that's gender, which really shouldn't matter, ah, anymore than say ... race? or religion? ;)

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

Yeah Thor, the Bush family is the only corrupt political family in all of Washington D.C. Them Kennedy's and others are just angels sent from heaven.
Let me know what the Kennedy's have stolen. Did they have a son like Neil who rip off every old lady in the nation in the savings and loan scam? I mean we can go with Prescott all the way down to Marvin. this family hasn't made a dime in their pathetic lives that wasn't tax payer funded or a favor from a connection.

I think the Kennedy's had two sons who died for this county. Putting the Kennedy's in the same sentence as this crime family is a disgrace.

texansfan

EOG Master

Hillary is a joke. The woman gives her husband a pass for cheating on him only to further her political career. I would think most women would look down on this type of woman.

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

Hillary is a joke. The woman gives her husband a pass for cheating on him only to further her political career. I would think most women would look down on this type of woman.

Kinda like when McCain was caught calling his wife a c unt?

Obviously, Hilary isn't as well like as she thinks she is as she'll be catching this race from the sidelines. No woman respects another woman who lets her husband get away with staining his interns dress. She was spineless in handling her philandering husband and she would have been spineless as a president.
Comparing her to Palin is ridiculous. There's only one thing they have in common and that's gender, which really shouldn't matter, ah, anymore than say ... race? or religion? ;)

Your right...

Hillary Clinton is NOT currently under investigation for ABUSE OF POWER...:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

You have got to be kidding me if you are comfortable having someone with NO EXPERIENCE in national politics, and no background in foreign affairs be a heart beat away from PRESIDENT....

It is obvious that McCain chose Palin not on the basis of any qualification to serve as president on day two if necessary, but only because she is a woman.

Sarah Palin has scarcely half the experience as governor of Alaska that Barack Obama has in the US Senate, and before becoming governor less than two years ago was the mayor of a town with a population of around 8000. Before that she was a sportscaster.

How serious can you take McCain when his #1 argument about Obama was his lack of experience?

He is so out of touch with America and this is scarey.....:hangt

texansfan

EOG Master

Let me know what the Kennedy's have stolen. Did they have a son like Neil who rip off every old lady in the nation in the savings and loan scam? I mean we can go with Prescott all the way down to Marvin. this family hasn't made a dime in their pathetic lives that wasn't tax payer funded or a favor from a connection.

I think the Kennedy's had two sons who died for this county. Putting the Kennedy's in the same sentence as this crime family is a disgrace.

The Kennedy's are a national disgrace to this country. Kill anyone recently Teddy? Isn't there another Kennedy relative in jail for murder?
This family is as crooked as they come.

Culver

EOG Veteran

I'll leave this thread alone since it's become the typical inane "talking points" debate among political puppets you see all over the internet.

As for the facts, Obama will probably have a very large lead in the polls Monday morning after his Thursday night speech is fully measured. It will be way beyond the normal six point bounce. Hell, even Pat Buchanan said it was the best convention speech he ever heard.

McCain will not likely get much of a bounce next week. Bush and Cheney are due to speak Monday. Do you really thing McCain will get a positive bounce out of that? McCain is not a good speaker. His acceptance speech will pale against Obama's. He may end up with a small convention bounce but its just not going to be a very riveting convention.

When its all over Obama will have a solid lead. You can post all the Rush crap you want, but that's the way I see it and this ain't my first political rodeo.