What can you do?

ratbelly

EOG Veteran
What can you do when an online gambling site does something illegal? Recently EMPIRE POKER took $150 out of my bank account for no reason. They had me send in infomation, then made me have a conference call with my bank to verify that they took the money (which the bank verified they did), and now they are calling saying that they need another bank statement sent to them. It has been one month, a ton of phone calls, emails, etc...

What can I do? Is there any LEGAL options that I can take?

Thank you,
ratbelly

ratbelly

EOG Veteran
So places like this have NO LEGAL responsibility? The internet gambling industry has NO form of keeping sites honest? That is scary

What does someone do when something like this happens? Just continue to notify the public?

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
There are a lot of rogue operators in this business sir. There are a lot of great ones also. You will have to seek out the good from the bad using the forums. I would recommend that you ask about any wagering site which you may consider opening an account at. There are many veterans looking on that can assist you in the decision making process. After you send the documents requested and you still feel that you were shafted, then I would be glad to try and help you. I have been involved in many disputes, but we do not always get our way. Utilizing the forums is a good tool, but it is normally best to try and reach a compromise behind the scenes.

GL

ratbelly

EOG Veteran
Understandable. Thank you for the help. I do look pretty deep into books, and sites before I decide to use them. This one comes as quite a surprise. I thought Empire Poker was a solid site. I thought the whole Party Poker network (including Empire) was fairly distinguished. This is really changing my mind.

Whoson1st

EOG Dedicated
A conference call with your bank? Did they institute the call to the bank for you? Otherwise, I don't see how they would accept this. Plus--I would have absolutely no idea how to do a conference call with my bank or anyone else for that matter.
As for the dollor figure ($150) was that particular figure one that you used prior to them taking the extra funds. Reason I ask---Is that back in the day of using PayPal, they once took $100.00 out of my account twice when I had only made one withdrawal. I consider myself very lucky as they did put the money back into my account as soon as I told them about it, but a scary feeling.
Has anyone had this problem with Neteller?