What are they cheering for in Mexico?

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"
nickythefish said:
Are they picking sides? Do they know the teams or players? And why are they even playing a game in Mexico?

LOL..........

Sad thing is right now with this game they're probably think it's a common thing in every game for the defense to be running back Touchdowns all of the time...

Hache Man

Tesco Vee said:
105,000 fans as opposed to about 30,000 if it was in Arizona.

follow the money.

But how were they charged?

Amercian dolloars or Mexican?

Tesco Vee said:
105,000 fans as opposed to about 30,000 if it was in Arizona.

follow the money.

How many pesos to a dollar these day 1500? Maybe if they paid in skinny chickens or 20 lb great danes they might do ok.

NO WAY this game makes money. If they had any money in Mexico at al I wouldn't see 200 of em lined up outside Home Depot willing to work 10 hours for 25 bux cash.

Tesco Vee

EOG Veteran
im sure they paid in pesos.
mexico city is one of the worlds biggest cities over 16million people in the metro area. lots of money and smog there.

Hache Man

Tesco Vee said:
im sure they paid in pesos.
mexico city is one of the worlds biggest cities over 16million people in the metro area. lots of money and smog there.

You seem to know a lot about Mexico City Tesco, have you been there or lived there?

Tesco Vee

EOG Veteran
i have friends that have been down there several times for business. would love to get down there but will be going to south pacific for my next vacation. a beach resort trumps a crowded city everytime.:D

Hache Man

Tesco Vee said:
i have friends that have been down there several times for business. would love to get down there but will be going to south pacific for my next vacation. a beach resort trumps a crowded city everytime.:D

Would it really be worth someone from the states to ever move there with a ton of money? I mean, are there enough luxuries to make someone happy?

Tesco Vee

EOG Veteran
dont think its that easy for americans to buy property down there.

i think this is the stadium where Rolling Stones and all the big concerts go thru also.

Tesco Vee

EOG Veteran
this is getting a bit beyond my knowledge but when i googled it this is the first thing to pop up

CAN FOREIGNERS REALLY OWN PROPERTY IN MEXICO?
Yes, Americans and other foreigners may obtain direct ownership of property in the interior of Mexico. However, under Mexican law, foreigners cannot own property outright within the restricted zone. Instead, a real estate trust must be set up to hold title for the foreigner. Since foreigners are not able to enter into contracts in buy real estate, they must have a bank act on their behalf, much as a trust is use to hold property for minors because they also can not contract. The following is a brief outline of the law regarding such trust, known as "fideicomisos", but potential buyers should always get advice and have all real estate transactions overview by a licensed Mexican attorney.

I have heard Mexico City is a very dangerous place. Worse than any American city especially if you are an American or tourist looking. Abduction of tourists for ransom is common and you have no one to go to because the police are the criminals.This is just what I have heard.

Hache Man

Tesco Vee said:
this is getting a bit beyond my knowledge but when i googled it this is the first thing to pop up

CAN FOREIGNERS REALLY OWN PROPERTY IN MEXICO?
Yes, Americans and other foreigners may obtain direct ownership of property in the interior of Mexico. However, under Mexican law, foreigners cannot own property outright within the restricted zone. Instead, a real estate trust must be set up to hold title for the foreigner. Since foreigners are not able to enter into contracts in buy real estate, they must have a bank act on their behalf, much as a trust is use to hold property for minors because they also can not contract. The following is a brief outline of the law regarding such trust, known as "fideicomisos", but potential buyers should always get advice and have all real estate transactions overview by a licensed Mexican attorney.

You know Tesco, I never knew this, but this is total BS.

Now, PLEASE don't take this the wrong way, but we allow them into the states freely and they are allowed to buy up all the land here that they desire, but aliens outside of Mexico are not allowed to do the same in their country?!?

Tesco Vee

EOG Veteran
Hache Man said:
You know Tesco, I never knew this, but this is total BS.

Now, PLEASE don't take this the wrong way, but we allow them into the states freely and they are allowed to buy up all the land here that they desire, but aliens outside of Mexico are not allowed to do the same in their country?!?

thats why its the land of opportunity here.:D

BEANTOWNJIM

Banned
THESE F-CKING MEXICANS DONT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE CHEERING FOR I THINK THEY ARE CHEERING FOR MORE BEER AND BONES.WHATS THE OVER UNDER ON JOINTS SMOKED IN THIS STADIUM I DONT THINK ITS THE ALTITUDE THAT IS BOTHERING THE PLAYERS I THINK ITS THE MARY WANNA FROM THE MEXICANS.

ARE THE AMERICAN CHEERLEEDERS IN MEXICO TONIGHT THIS IS WHAT THESE HORNY BASTARDS ARE CHEERING FOR JESUS CHRIST HAVE YOU EVER SEEN MORE DERELICKS IN ONE PLACE EVERYTIME THEY SHOW THE FANS IN THE STANDS I AUTOMATICALLY OUT OF HABIT CHECK TO SEE IF MY WALLET IS STILL IN MY PANTS.

I WOULDNT CALL THIS FOOTBALL WHAT WE ARE SEEING TONIGHT THIS IS CRAP.WHY THE F-CK DID THAT DUMB NIGERIAN DENNIS GREEN DECIDE TO GO FOR 2 POINTS ITS TO EARLY TO PLAY FOR A TIE.IT JUST DIDNT MAKE ANY SENSE :+clueless

BEANTOWNJIM

Banned
I TOLD YOU GUYS DENNIS GREEN IS A DUMB F-CK.IF HE JUST KICKED THE EXTRA POINT INSTEAD OF GOING FOR 2 HE WOULD NOW BE UP BY 3 POINTS THIS IS WHY I WOULD NEVER HIRE A NIGERIAN COACH.IT WAS WAY TO EARLY IN THE GAME TO GO FOR 2 POINTS.:nono

BEANTOWNJIM

Banned
YEH AND WHATS YOUR POINT DO YOU THINK THEY HAD ANY CHANCE IN THE WORLD OF MAKING A 2 POINT CONVERSION.IT WAS A DUMB DECISION ITS WAY TO EARLY TO GO FOR 2 POINTS.

BEANTOWNJIM said:
THESE F-CKING MEXICANS DONT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE CHEERING FOR I THINK THEY ARE CHEERING FOR MORE BEER AND BONES.WHATS THE OVER UNDER ON JOINTS SMOKED IN THIS STADIUM I DONT THINK ITS THE ALTITUDE THAT IS BOTHERING THE PLAYERS I THINK ITS THE MARY WANNA FROM THE MEXICANS.

ARE THE AMERICAN CHEERLEEDERS IN MEXICO TONIGHT THIS IS WHAT THESE HORNY BASTARDS ARE CHEERING FOR JESUS CHRIST HAVE YOU EVER SEEN MORE DERELICKS IN ONE PLACE EVERYTIME THEY SHOW THE FANS IN THE STANDS I AUTOMATICALLY OUT OF HABIT CHECK TO SEE IF MY WALLET IS STILL IN MY PANTS.

I WOULDNT CALL THIS FOOTBALL WHAT WE ARE SEEING TONIGHT THIS IS CRAP.WHY THE F-CK DID THAT DUMB NIGERIAN DENNIS GREEN DECIDE TO GO FOR 2 POINTS ITS TO EARLY TO PLAY FOR A TIE.IT JUST DIDNT MAKE ANY SENSE :+clueless

Post of the year. Fuckin hilarious.

BEANTOWNJIM

Banned
HEY LISTEN GREEN DOBERMAN I AM GOING TO TELL YOU FOR THE LAST TIME YOUR GETTING TO BE A PAIN IN MY ARSE WITH YOUR LIBERAL VIEWS.I AM GOING TO TALK TO THE SHRINK ABOUT YOU GREEN DOBERMAN YOU MIGHT BE BACK AT THE RX WITH ALL THE OTHER F-GS IF YOU KEEP THIS UP.JJGOLD CALLS THE SHOTS IN THIS FORUM BUT I ASSIST HIM IN ANY PROBLEM POSTERS AND GREEN DOBERMAN YOU ARE BECOMING A PROBLEM.IT MIGHT BE A GOOD IDEA TO JUST PAY YOUR FINE FOR BEING A WISE ASS IN THE EOG I BELIEVE JJGOLD CHARGES 35 DOLLARS FOR FIRST TIME OFFENDERS.SHRINK WILL YOU HAVE A TALK WITH GREEN DOBERMAN I AM SICK AND TIRED OF HIM CALLING ME A RACIST I HAVE ALWAYS SAID
(BEANTOWNJIM IS NOT A RACIST,HE IS A REALIST)

ANYBODY WHO DOESNT THINK THERE IS RACISM IN THIS COUNTRY IF YOUR SISTER WAS DATING DENNIS GREEN,HERM EDWARDS,TONY DUNGEE, OR DAVE WANDSTADT WHO WOULD YOU WELCOME WITH OPEN ARMS:+clueless

I DONT THINK DENNIS GREEN WAS FIRST IN LINE WHEN THEY HANDED OUT BRAINS I THINK THERE WAS 2 LINES HE GOT IN. ONE SAID BRAINS AND THE OTHER SAID UNEMPLOYMENT AND THIS IS WHERE I THINK DENNIS WILL EVENTUALLY END UP AGAIN

TheVig

EOG Member
They were cheering at that particular time, because Mexico had just won the under 17 World Cup in soccer. Beanbrain your a F'N MORON! If i ever have the displeasure of going to that toilet,you call a city. Im going to make it my mission to track you down and beat the ugly right out of you. Just on principle, im going to do the same to Johnny Knockdown also.
:+signs9-1

Johnny Detroit

EOG Senior Member
NFL a hit with Mexican gamblers

Chris Hawley
Republic Mexico City Bureau
Sept. 29, 2005 12:00 AM

MEXICO CITY - When the Arizona Cardinals and the San Francisco 49ers play in Mexico City on Sunday, their Mexican hosts won't have hometown pride on the line, but they will have money riding on the game, and a lot of it.

Sports betting is legal in Mexico, and every weekend thousands of gamblers line up at lottery windows or settle into cushy chairs at betting parlors to try their luck on American football. The matchup between los Cardenales and los Cuarentaynueves is the first regular-season NFL game outside the United States.

"There's going to be a lot of betting going on," Sergio Rosado Gasc?n, a computer engineer, said as he watched four games simultaneously in one of Mexico City's Caliente betting parlors on a recent Sunday. advertisement

Around him, football fans lounged in bright-red easy chairs or pored over sheets of statistics at lacquered tables. Waiters moved quietly through the room, dispensing sodas and cigarettes.

In Mexico, wagering occurs two ways: through betting parlors or a government-run game called "Pro-Touch."

To get into one of the betting parlors, customers have to pass through a metal detector manned by armed guards. But inside, the establishments are a far cry from the dim, smoky bookie joints seen in movies.

There are comfortable chairs and carpeting, with bright lighting and big tables for spreading out statistics sheets. It's quiet enough to speak casually. If it weren't for the televisions everywhere, it would look like a reading room at the local library.

At a counter along one wall, customers can place bets on everything from hockey to politics. Who's going to be on the U.S. presidential ballot in 2008? The odds are on Hillary Clinton and Rudolph Giuliani right now.

Parlors also accept bets by telephone or via the Internet, but not from the United States, where betting on sports is illegal except in Nevada and Oregon, which runs a state lottery game called Sports Action.

In most Mexican betting parlors, American football is the sport of choice. Fans can place wagers on individual games or combinations of up to five games.

Guillermo Moreno Colin, a 47-year-old exterminator, said he prefers to bet on American football rather than Mexican soccer because of a general perception in Mexico that U.S. leagues are less tainted by corruption.

"In soccer, you get the feeling they're always arranging the games somehow," he said. "That's why I play Pro-Touch rather than Pro-Gol. It seems fairer."

Pro-Touch is played at the country's Pron?sticos lottery windows. To win, players must correctly predict the outcome of 14 NFL matchups each week. Pro-Gol is the soccer version.

Each entry costs $1 and has a $150,000 maximum prize that keeps growing if no one wins.

The game is run by the federal government, and the earnings go to welfare programs, officials say.

Soccer doesn't even come close to American football in betting parlor popularity. One reason is soccer bets are harder to win. A gambler has about a 50 percent chance of winning a football bet, because there are rules to determine the winner in case of a tie. In soccer, bettors have to correctly predict a win, loss or tie - meaning a 33 percent chance of winning.

At a Sports Book branch in central Mexico City, Oscar Palacios thumbed through a handful of betting slips as he watched a bank of televisions with about 20 other football fans.

"Soccer is tedious. Football is more fun to bet on, because there are more surprises," Palacios said.

But it also tends to be an upper-class pursuit.

With a minimum bet of $10, more than twice the daily minimum wage in Mexico, most customers who wager on football are well off. Rosado Gasc?n had $80 riding on the Cardinals, and said he bets up to $400 every Sunday. Palacios, who owns his own truck rental company, said he bets about $300 a week.

"It's expensive," Palacios said. "People who are earning minimum wage don't have the capacity to play like this."

The betting parlor business is dominated by Caliente, controlled by Tijuana Mayor Jorge Hank Rohn, and Sports Book, part of Mexican entertainment company CIE. Caliente has 80 branches nationwide; Sports Book has 28.

The Mexican broadcaster Televisa also recently won permission to open 65 betting parlors under the name Apuestas Internacionales. The permits caused a scandal because former Interior Minister Santiago Creel approved them just before he resigned to run for president. Political opponents accused Creel of trying to curry favor with the powerful TV network.

BEANTOWNJIM

Banned
HEY VIG YOU MIGHT HAVE A CHANCE AGAINST ME I AM A LITTLE RUSTY I HAVENT BEEN IN A FIST FIGHT IN 15 YEARS OR SO HELL I AM 45 YEARS OLD NOW.BUT FORGET ABOUT JOHNNY KNOCKDOWN HE WAS THE GOLDEN GLOVES CHAMPION IN BOSTON IN 1983 SO ANYTIME VIG AS A MATTER OF FACT GIVE THE SHRINK YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS AND I WILL SEND YOU A ONE WAY TICKET TO BOSTON TOUGH GUY ALL EXPENSES PAID.I LOVE THESE INTERNET TOUGH GUYS.

NOW SERIOUSLY BOYS DIDNT THOSE MEXICANS IN THE STANDS SCARE YOU GUYS I AM NOT JOKING I DID CHECK MY PANTS POCKET OUT OF HABBIT WHEN THEY SHOWED THE CROWD AND I AM SURE I WASNT ALONE.