VSIN

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Re: VSIN

Francessa is terrible, scott ferral would be good

Agree. Ferral sure has quite the distinctive voice and has no problem voicing an opinion about a spread.

Pretty big move for The Score. The McNeil/Parkins Show is a natural as both gamble. They ran a couple of spots with Musburger introducing them today. If this pans out, the ESPN 1000 response will be interesting. The Score already is the big dog in town.

FISHHEAD

EOG Master

Merryman and VSIN fan of the year RANDY MCKAY was on the show Monday....................long, long time professional gambler.

SPORTSBETTING, SPOTSTS CONTEST, VIDEOPOKER, SLOT EXPERT

Not too many guests, if any, have appeared on the show that are more gambling sharp.

Heim

EOG Master

Not sure if Musburger stumbled on a goldmine or planned, nonetheless they are already providing or in the process of providing gambling content to major news organizations domestically.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Looking at their lineup today with a lot of sports on, TWO live hours of programming. What is up with that?

O'Royken

EOG Dedicated
Where did Brent go?

Is he just waiting for the football season or did he go full silent investor now?

What hurt VSIN is there wasn't a Federal Sports Betting Bill. State by state is hard to advertise for national shows.

Also a weak lineup around Brent.

Mitch, Pauly, Brady Cannon and JVT couldn't draw money on Las Vegas radio. Gil Alexander couldn't draw money in radio in San Francisco. Local talent leaves for national radio gigs if they don't have personality to draw money in their home market. Lacking in those five is a personality to draw money.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I wonder if they would go after someone like Joe Fortenbaugh? He recently lost his gig on San Fran radio. Maybe they just want to hold their money until they see what happens with football. If there is no football this fall, they may not survive.

The model doesn't really work. What maybe 5-10% of sports bettors want to do some thinking and work on this? The rest just want a hot tip and aren't going to spend the time to listen in, they are made for online sites where they can get a tip and can be targeted for ads by both regulated and offshore books with their affiliate payoffs.

I think 2-3 hours of new content a day is about as much as the market can handle, they have to figure out how to make it work off of this year round with maybe a little increase in new content around the start of seasons.

O'Royken

EOG Dedicated
I wonder if they would go after someone like Joe Fortenbaugh? He recently lost his gig on San Fran radio. Maybe they just want to hold their money until they see what happens with football. If there is no football this fall, they may not survive.

Fotenbaugh would be better to follow what Gil Alexander did to make money. Go with a podcast and pick up a Bookmaker affiliate sheet. That will make Fortenbaugh major bucks. Once he establishes a podcast audience then venture back into the mainstream. Sometimes a new employer wont allow a talent to do his own thing with a podcast once hired. Better to do it now while between gigs.

Fotenbaugh would be better to follow what Gil Alexander did to make money. Go with a podcast and pick up a Bookmaker affiliate sheet. That will make Fortenbaugh major bucks. Once he establishes a podcast audience then venture back into the mainstream. Sometimes a new employer wont allow a talent to do his own thing with a podcast once hired. Better to do it now while between gigs.

These guys have lawyers and agents who will scare them off of doing anything with an offshore. Agreed he could make a lot doing it, but the legal climate way too messy to do that.

What I think would get lots of interest is if any of these guys gave a near live feed of their syndicate operation. Hear them talk out what moves they are making and how they are reading the market. Run it like WSOP with a 10 minute delay. I know guys are somewhat secretive about their ops but this would be a goldmine to monetize their business and they don't necessarily have to give away the most useful stuff.

These guys have lawyers and agents who will scare them off of doing anything with an offshore. Agreed he could make a lot doing it, but the legal climate way too messy to do that.

What I think would get lots of interest is if any of these guys gave a near live feed of their syndicate operation. Hear them talk out what moves they are making and how they are reading the market. Run it like WSOP with a 10 minute delay. I know guys are somewhat secretive about their ops but this would be a goldmine to monetize their business and they don't necessarily have to give away the most useful stuff.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Pauly is my favorite listen as he speaks from an actual gambler's mindset. He has some crazy video poker obsession.

Gil is a good listen but has a personality that doesn't draw people in since he comes off as a "I'm better than you" type.

Matt Youmans needs more time on air.

I still like their potential and things will work out for them

Scatana Fas

EOG Addicted
Is Michael Lombardi a gambler or not? He always talks about what he is betting on and then often slips up and says he doesn't gamble.

The am lineup is listenable. After that, unfortunately not. Brent's show has been unlistenable since the start.

Listenable:
Gill Alexander
Mitch & Pauly
Wes Reynolds
Lombardi on the NFL
Youmans
Amal Shah (is he still there?)

Unlistenable:
Lombardo on every sport other than NFL
Patrick Magar
Brady Canon (is he working in exchange for ads for his golf biz?)
Josh Applebaum (hurts to listen)
JVT
Brent

This place seems to churn thru talent as fast as entry-level burger flippers at McDonald's.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
This morning a dream show.

follow the money with just pauly howard and matt youmans. 2 great talkers.

Mitch is a bad third wheel in this crew.

patswin

EOG Veteran
Is Michael Lombardi a gambler or not? He always talks about what he is betting on and then often slips up and says he doesn't gamble.

The am lineup is listenable. After that, unfortunately not. Brent's show has been unlistenable since the start.

Listenable:
Gill Alexander
Mitch & Pauly
Wes Reynolds
Lombardi on the NFL
Youmans

Unlistenable:
Patrick Magar
JVT
Brent

This place seems to churn thru talent as fast as entry-level burger flippers at McDonald's.

Pretty good list - I would switch Shah and Brent. Shah likes to have an option on everything right or wrong. He never has much to add as a gambler other than your typical sports takk talk radio types

Listenable:
Gill Alexander
Mitch & Pauly
Wes Reynolds
Lombardi on the NFL
Youmans

Unlistenable:
Patrick Magar
JVT
Brent

Lombardi probably bets like $20 on crazy parlays so yeah he gambles, but not the kind of action that one would consider them a "gambler".

Haven't had VSIN for awhile as I dumped Sirius a few months ago, but agree with the assessments. I never got the point of Brent's "analysis", the admitted non-sharp was just taking up space. All these personalities just goes to show there really isn't 8-12 hours of good daily content possible, this concept of content for sports gamblers in a talk format really yields just a show or two a day. Maybe 30 minutes for each sport with action daily and 30 minutes to preview a golf tournament, auto race or MMA/Boxing event.

Neveragain

EOG Dedicated
Mike Palm is very good.
Todd Wishnev and Blill Krackomberger, both regular guests with Gill, are also very good.

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated

Listenable:
Gill Alexander
Mitch & Pauly
Wes Reynolds
Lombardi on the NFL
Youmans

Unlistenable:
Patrick Magar
JVT
Brent

Lombardi was on the NFL network when they first started. I thought he was an arrogant blowhard, who kept telling about his Belichick past, but it was clear he didn't learn much Football from Bill, because more often than not he was a cliche spouting fool. He's had so many jobs because I suspect he keeps getting exposed at every one eventually.

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!
Follow the Money is a decent listen. Gil is dull but there’s decent info there. Listened to the Josh Applebaum podcast once, basically a guide to chase steam using SportsInsights

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Mike Palm is very good.
Todd Wishnev and Blill Krackomberger, both regular guests with Gill, are also very good.
Excellent addition to the list.

He sees something and lays down the hammer.

Did you hear the story about how he started betting unders in women's soccer and ended up going on a 17-0 run?

MrTop

EOG Master
Vsin has plenty of other solid info people

kenny W.
voodoo
dink
curtis
6th cents
jef 2Lee
the former memo guy went to bettor IQ - i forget his name

i forget the others.