(stiff And X Stiff) Golf Question

BEANTOWNJIM

Banned
I AM BIDDING ON E-BAY FOR A 2 IRON PING ISI GOLF CLUB.THERE ISNT ANY BIDDING ACTUALLY.I HAVE ALWAYS USED STIFF SHAFTS STEEL NOWI WANT TO KNOW IF ANYBODY KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT (X STIFF SHAFTS) ARE THEY REALLY HARD TO HIT.I HAVE A CHANCE TO GET A GREAT DEAL A BRAND NEW ISI COPPER 2 IRON FOR 50 BUCKS BRAND NEW.I WILL ONLY BE USING THIS 2 IRON OFF THE TEE FOR SHORT PAR 4'S I DONT WANT TO BUY THIS CLUB IF THE SHAFT WILL BE TO STRONG.

WHAT I AM ASKING YOU SCREW BALLS WILL THERE BE A MAJOR DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN X STIFF GRAPHITE SHAFT AND A STIFF GRAPHITE SHAFT.ALL MY WOODS HAVE STIFF GRAPHITE SHAFTS AND I AM VERY HAPPY.FOR 50 BUCKS I MIGHT TAKE A CHANCE ON THIS XTRA STIFF GRAPHITE SHAFTED CLUB.

IF THERE IS ANY GOLFERS IN THIS FORUM PLEASE FEEL FREE TO MAKE A SUGGESTION.LIKE I SAID I WILL ONLY BE USING THIS 2 IRON OFF THE TEE.

Johnny Handsome

EOG Enthusiast
Beantown...go ahead and purchase the 2 iron. If you already play stiff and you are only hitting it off the tee I would be very surprised if you noticed a difference at all. Worst case scenario you don't like it and trade it in for something else. No lose situation.

You won't notice any difference IMO. The fact you can hit a 2 iron says something. Most people have given up on 2 irons and gone to hybrids. Sounds like you're getting a deal anyway. I'd take the chance. You can always turn around and unload it.

Rinkrat said:
You won't notice any difference IMO. The fact you can hit a 2 iron says something. Most people have given up on 2 irons and gone to hybrids. Sounds like you're getting a deal anyway. I'd take the chance. You can always turn around and unload it.
Even God can't hit a 2 iron.

BEANTOWNJIM

Banned
A HYBIRD IS JUST LIKE HITTING A WOOD I LOVE THE PING ISI NICKEL IRONS I HAVE. THIS IS MY BEST GOLF SEASON EVER AND I THINK ITS ALL BECAUSE OF THE PING IRONS.I LIKE HITTING IRONS ON SHORT PAR 4'S AND THIS 2 IRON ONLY OFF THE TEE I THINK WILL HELP.I JUST HOPE THE 2 IRON WITH THE X STIFF SHAFT WILL ALLOW ME TO GET THE BALL IN THE AIR.I HEARD IF THE SHAFT IS TO STRONG THE BALL WILL STAY VERY LOW.BUT FOR 50 BUCKS I GUESS ITS WORTH A CHANCE.:+thumbs-2

Hitman26

EOG Veteran
If the shaft is too stiff, the ball will go left more times than not. It will also go lower, and have less backspin. It's not a good idea to have a different shaft in your 2 iron compared to the rest of your irons.

BEANTOWNJIM

Banned
HITMAN MY OTHER IRONS ARE STEEL SHAFTED STIFF SHAFT'S AND LIKE I SAID THIS 2 IRON IS GRAPHITE AND X STIFF HOWEVER I AM ONLY GOING TO USE IT OFF THE TEE FOR ACCURACY.I COULD TEE OFF WITH A 3 WOOD OR A 5 WOOD BUT SOMETIMES I LOSE IT AND I THINK I WILL BE MORE CONSISTANT WITH A 2 IRON.I COULD GET THE 2 IRON WITH A STEEL SHAFT BUT FOR 50 BUCKS HELL I MIGHT AS WELL GET THE GRAPHITE.

IF ANYBODY IS GOING TO BE IN THE BOSTON AREA THIS SATURDAY FEEL FREE TO JOIN ME FOR A ROUND OF GOLF AT THE (GEORGE WRIGHT GOLF COURSE IN HYDE PARK MA) 20 DOLLAR NAUSAU WITH AUTOMATIC PRESSES LETS GO BOYS I COULD USE THE CASH

Big Black Man

EOG Enthusiast
Beaner, not much of a difference between stiff and X-stiff. There is a difference however in your steel and graphite shafts. As you say though, you're only hitting it off the tee, it shouldn't mess your feel of your other irons up. Think your getting a pretty sweet deal for $50 bucks. I have Callaway irons, but have ping nickel wedges and love them also. GL