Players' months/ Books' Months

Anyone have any opinions on the cyclical nature of sportsbetting?

Do any of you believe that players tend to win more in certain months, while other months tend to be consistent winners for the books?

I've always heard that APRIL and AUGUST are players' months.

:+clueless

I would think that September in football is tough becuz of the unfamiliarity of bettors with pro and college teams; same for college baskets in late Oct early Nov.

Best months are probably Oct - Nov for football.

X

xpanda

I've always fared best in March and September - March madness and the first few weeks of football tend to be good to me.

That said, I'm screwed from here on out.

:D

Players win more in these months only

April
Aug
Sept
Oct

July slight wins

May, June=break evens

Nov lose some and then a little more in Dec

Jan, Feb, Mar...............Players get destroyed

Jan and Feb is when most guys go to GA

The amount of games on the board at that time of the year is unreal and unmatched and it is 7 days a week therefore most get buried in those months

Sam Odom

EOG Master
Generally, the longer into the season (whichever sport) the better the books fare because their #s get so damn good.

dimeplayersonly said:
in foots...players usually win early.....we get the money during bowls....then players can make a rebound during nfl playoffs........imo

Dime seems like Books doing well early in the NFL this season. What's your take on that?

Iron looks like one of those NFL seasons where books have a good year. My take is books are loving this start and have "most" players chasing Eagle, Colts, Car vs Dol,Rams vs Tenn "no shows" vs spread. Bob at the Dust reported biggest need week 2 was (CAR) vs NE. Week 3 (GB) vs TB.........missed week ones report.

moon...............books making up for last season i guess...lol

usually you can key in on several pro teams that the public will crush...ie. indy, philly, ne.

if you can beat the public darlings......the rest falls into place

so far that has happened......