Ohtani should be MVP of the American League…

Heim

EOG Master
Again, that arm goes down, you probably lose him as a hitter. If this deal is fully guaranteed, props to the agent.

cheapseats

EOG Master
Big O deferred a boatload. I like that regardless of who pushed it. Gives Dodgers wiggle room for other big time players.

Heim

EOG Master
I know it's within the CBA rules, but this grossly affects the competitive balance they seek. Not only tax avoidance but luxury tax
avoidance too.

kane

EOG master
The reports are it was Ohtani's idea to defer all the money, I guess it's within the rules, but it's still bullshit that they can get away with doing this, fuck the Dodgers

Heim

EOG Master
For now LA is spending 70 mil for a DH. They could have re-signed a guy with similar numbers for 9-12 mil per, JD Martinez.

Heim

EOG Master
From what I understand first arm injury scared Halos to lock him up with a Trout type deal. Then of course after the surgery he continued surging. Then another arm injury and Halos were no longer interested.

Agent gave Angels last chance to match, Ohtani really liked the Heim, but no way Moreno is spending that kind of money, a deferred contract like that would deter a lot of potential (team) buyers.

Team has never been off the market...

Last edited:

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Really makes one wonder about Trout and his desire or needs as a player of caliber. Guess he is content.

Trout is Melania tRUMP

Both chose the security of money over everything else.

Trout chose money over winning
Melania chose money over love

blueline

EOG Master

Yoshinobu Yamamoto signs with Dodgers: 25-year-old NPB ace joins Shohei Ohtani on deal worth more than $300M​

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Dodgers doubling down on their effort to return to the World Series…in the end it’s always about filling the seats…the Japanese community has arrived at Chavez Ravine…

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Dodgers doubling down on their effort to return to the World Series…in the end it’s always about filling the seats…the Japanese community has arrived at Chavez Ravine…

Dodgers do not have a problem with that. They have been #1 every season since 2013 and every FULL season they draw at least 3.7M. Putting BIS at that place is not an issue