Notes and quotes from the 2022 college 🏈 season

Heim

EOG Master
UCLA going for it on 4th down up 21 with 4 minutes left. Naturally scores and covers most numbers.

railbird

EOG Master
kelly is a hated clown, so is his qb who the asu players couldnt stand, lsu is limited with a guy who cant pass accurately, a rb playing qb

svbettor

EOG Veteran
Drnkyourmikshake Coaching Grades and notes from the RAS Discord
  • Akron- Moorhead- A+
  • Washington- Debeor- A
  • Csu- Norvell- A
  • Notre Dame- Freeman- A
  • TTU- Macguire- A-
  • Usc- Riley- A-
  • La tech- Combie - A-
  • Miami FL- Cristobal B+
  • Wsu-Dickert B+
  • Smu- Lashlee B+
  • Georgia Southern- Helton B
  • Lsu- Kelly B
  • Oklahoma- Venables B
  • Florida- Napier B
  • Va tech- Prye B-
  • Hawaii- Chang B-
  • Tcu- Dykes B-
  • UVA- Elliot C+
  • Ull- Desermeaux C+
  • Troy- Craddock- C
  • Duke- Elko C
  • Fresno- Tedford C
  • Oregon- Lanning C- puzzeling Lanning did not call plays ( never coached OF) Defense minded verry little experience no ties to the area
  • Umass-Brown C-
  • Uconn- Mora D
  • Nm St. - Kill D
  • Temple - Drayton D
  • FIU- Mcintyre F
  • Nevada- Wilson F

railbird

EOG Master
Drnkyourmikshake Coaching Grades and notes from the RAS Discord
  • Akron- Moorhead- A+
  • Washington- Debeor- A
  • Csu- Norvell- A
  • Notre Dame- Freeman- A
  • TTU- Macguire- A-
  • Usc- Riley- A-
  • La tech- Combie - A-
  • Miami FL- Cristobal B+
  • Wsu-Dickert B+
  • Smu- Lashlee B+
  • Georgia Southern- Helton B
  • Lsu- Kelly B
  • Oklahoma- Venables B
  • Florida- Napier B
  • Va tech- Prye B-
  • Hawaii- Chang B-
  • Tcu- Dykes B-
  • UVA- Elliot C+
  • Ull- Desermeaux C+
  • Troy- Craddock- C
  • Duke- Elko C
  • Fresno- Tedford C
  • Oregon- Lanning C- puzzeling Lanning did not call plays ( never coached OF) Defense minded verry little experience no ties to the area
  • Umass-Brown C-
  • Uconn- Mora D
  • Nm St. - Kill D
  • Temple - Drayton D
  • FIU- Mcintyre F
  • Nevada- Wilson F
here is lame post from your palhttps://twitter.com/walls_edward/status/1566246241591181312?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

railbird

EOG Master
couldnt have been more wrong, the defense timeout napier called won the game for them, set up jerry sanduskys ocean 11 defense when 1st and goal from 6

railbird

EOG Master
what qualifies drink as a grader of coaches, he never played a down of ball on any level, and doesnt understand football venaculer. it shows in every tweet he makes , i might listen to him in talk about limit holdem which is as complicated as tic tac toe. but other than that he fakes it just enough to earn tout dollars.

texaswizzard

EOG Dedicated
For the most part the grades of the coaches are fine. I find 5 instances where the grades are slightly to way off.

A. Nevada - Wilson - F / How do you get an F when you won two games with zero talent. I'm not saying he's done a great job but he won his 2nd game as an underdog by 24 outright.
I'd give him a B-.

B. LSU - Kelly - B / I'd give him a C-. He had the better talent and lost which was essentially a home game in New Orleans.

C. Notre Dame - Freeman - A - While his defense was pretty good it was helped by Ohio State losing their stud WR in the 1st quarter and CJ Stroud just being off for the 1st 3 quarters. The Notre Dame offense was terrible as the scored only 10 points against a Ohio State defense that couldn't stop a cold late last season. Also, no 2nd half adjustments were made. I'd give him a B to B-.

D. Hawaii - Chang - B-. You have to be kidding? Chang is a former QB and OC. His offense scored all of 10 points vs lowly Vanderbilt and 17 versus bottom feeder Western Kentucky while turning the ball over a combined 8 times. His defense is even worse. On back to back series in the Vandy game they left a WR uncovered on the goal line and then had 3 defensive players go across the formation to cover the man in motion. Almost every transfer that came to Hawaii is a scrub. Half of the Juco teams in the country beat Hawaii right now. Objectively he has to be given an F. OK I'm in a good mood, D-.

E. Colorado State - Norvell - A / For a HC with an offensive background what was that gameplan at Michigan? They mustered up all of 219 total yards and scored their only TD with less than 2 minutes to go in the game. His QB got sacked 7 times and was running for his life all game. The kid had 12 rushes because almost every pass play was a slow developing drop back pass versus a fierce rush. They threw maybe 1 slant all game. Give him a C only because his team was overmatched.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Agree with texas's observations.

My grades based on games played so far:

Nevada - Wilson -F, should be B+. (Juggling 2 mediocre QBs, good ball-hawking defense even against 2 very bad opponents)
LSU - Kelly - B, should be D- (my God, Brian Polian as his special teams coordinator?)
Notre Dame - Freeman - A, should be B- (See post above)
Hawaii - Chang - B-, should be F, (May improve, but not much light at the end of the tunnel)
Colorado State - Norvell - A, should be D (I liked Novell at Nevada, think he will eventually turn it around)

Washington - DeBoer - A, should be B- (Nice win over Kent State, but let's not get carried away, lots of things to fix)

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Schemes are so important in college football.

Pat Fitzgerald catching double-digits against a Scott Frost team was money from home.

I have 20/20 vision after the games are over.

More like 20/40 vision before kickoff.