NHL 2021 Season

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
Anyone tracking the expansion draft today? Should be interesting to see who loses what? Look forward to seeing the Kraken roster

Very underwhelming team it seems, almost all names are leaked. Francis going the traditional expansion route it seems which is probably good. The Knights were one of a kind, not sure if that will be repeated again. The division is so weak they still might contend for a 4th place spot, but I don't think they are a team to contend with until 4th or 5th season when the youth and cap space can make a real difference.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Very underwhelming team it seems, almost all names are leaked. Francis going the traditional expansion route it seems which is probably good. The Knights were one of a kind, not sure if that will be repeated again. The division is so weak they still might contend for a 4th place spot, but I don't think they are a team to contend with until 4th or 5th season when the youth and cap space can make a real difference.

That doesn't guarantee you a playoff spot.

So let's look ahead to the 2021-22 Pacific Division

Don't think I will get many to disagree Vegas is still the top team. You never know with Edmonton but gotta think they finish 2nd.

Towards the bottom: Seattle and Vancouver will stink and the Inferior SoCal team will, too.

That leaves: Kings, Calgary, San Jose to fight it out for 3rd.

Can't see San Jose finishing higher than 4th - so they are OUT

That leaves the Kings/Calgary to battle it out for the 3rd and final (guaranteed) playoff spot. My avatar shows where my heart is. After many down years the Kings are finally in position to return to the playoffs. If the Kings do not make the playoffs as any lower than P3 there are a lot of people collecting paychecks from the team that will not be for much longer.

Kings' fans understood we needed to rebuild. OUR PATIENCE IS OVER! We have one of the T2 farm systems in the minors and cap space with more opening up each of the next 2 seasons.

If the Kings are not seriously competing for the Cup in a few years there are many who will have questions to answer and no answer will be accepted other than a resignation!

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Teams may have wisened up some after the Vegas’ draft also.

That doesn't guarantee you a playoff spot.

So let's look ahead to the 2021-22 Pacific Division

Don't think I will get many to disagree Vegas is still the top team. You never know with Edmonton but gotta think they finish 2nd.

Towards the bottom: Seattle and Vancouver will stink and the Inferior SoCal team will, too.

That leaves: Kings, Calgary, San Jose to fight it out for 3rd.

Can't see San Jose finishing higher than 4th - so they are OUT

That leaves the Kings/Calgary to battle it out for the 3rd and final (guaranteed) playoff spot. My avatar shows where my heart is. After many down years the Kings are finally in position to return to the playoffs. If the Kings do not make the playoffs as any lower than P3 there are a lot of people collecting paychecks from the team that will not be for much longer.

Kings' fans understood we needed to rebuild. OUR PATIENCE IS OVER! We have one of the T2 farm systems in the minors and cap space with more opening up each of the next 2 seasons.

If the Kings are not seriously competing for the Cup in a few years there are many who will have questions to answer and no answer will be accepted other than a resignation!

Great farm systems don't guarantee you much other than heartburn. Yeah the Kings should be good in 2-3 years, but I think that is far from guaranteed. Byfield looks like he could be a star, but defensemen take longer to really assert themselves in the NHL and quite a few do bust. Other high draft picks become the next Doughty, but even he needed a few years to be a real force. Right now though the Kings do look in that group who should fight it out for 3-5th, but I think Seattle could sign a few stars that might get them into the bottom of that class. Sharks and Flames feel like they are going the wrong way and need to spend some more time in clean out mode so not crazy to think Kraken can get one of those spots if they stay health and a few of the players surprise to the upside. They just don't seem deep enough to win in the playoffs and that will take some time.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Pinny has odds to win the 2022 Cup

This stuck out to me:

Seattle +4451
Kings +7312

Gimme ALL I CAN GET on the Kings having a better season than the Kraken. Kings will be competing for a Playoff spot. Not sure the Kraken will. All I ask is for a book to put up a line on who will have the better season with Kings the dog and it will be the single biggest bet I have ever made in my life

This stuck out to me:

Seattle +4451
Kings +7312

Gimme ALL I CAN GET on the Kings having a better season than the Kraken. Kings will be competing for a Playoff spot. Not sure the Kraken will. All I ask is for a book to put up a line on who will have the better season with Kings the dog and it will be the single biggest bet I have ever made in my life

I think that's a reaction to the risks they had going into the ED. I think quite a few people were thinking easy division, lots of expensive contracts teams want to dump...this could be VGK over again. Clearly not going to happen now, I would think if they did a Kraken vs Kings points for this year that the Kings would be favored now.

sharky99

EOG Dedicated

This stuck out to me:

Seattle +4451
Kings +7312

At first look early, I would think the Kings finishing ahead of the Kraken would be a must bet depending on the line.

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
Kraken helped the Isles taking Eberle off their books in my opinion but I'll eat my words if he produces on the 1st line and contributes significantly on the PP for the Kraken. Even though the Isles had a good run Eberle wasn't as productive, dangerous or effective as in the past.

puckhandler

EOG Dedicated
Kraken helped the Isles taking Eberle off their books in my opinion but I'll eat my words if he produces on the 1st line and contributes significantly on the PP for the Kraken. Even though the Isles had a good run Eberle wasn't as productive, dangerous or effective as in the past.

I would have taken Bailey instead in a heartbeat.

I think Eberle has more value as a deadline trade so they took him. Bailey is a nice all around player but teams looking at the deadline want a scorer to plug into their lineup. Either way I doubt they planned to keep these guys around for long.

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
He does have more value because of the game he plays but I fine he's lost a step and is not as engaging in his play. Should be interesting to see how he does in Seattle

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
Its weird how players seem to find out about moves/trades by outsiders/social media 1st before the team contacts them, plenty of evidence of that.