Neutral Site For NFL Chip Games?

Heim

EOG Master
Championship games on neutral site is fairer, but doesn't it take the suspense out of the last few games re seeding?

I hope they don't do it.

Heim

EOG Master
NFL is all about the dollar. If they can get two mini Super Bowls and one big one, they'll do it.

This could be a test case to see how everything develops financially.

blueline

EOG Master
sports talk radio host in kansas city said this situation is being looked at by the nfl as a test case and he was told that " its inevitable" that it becomes a reality.....I hope that doesnt end up being true

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
sports talk radio host in kansas city said this situation is being looked at by the nfl as a test case and he was told that " its inevitable" that it becomes a reality.....I hope that doesnt end up being true
Same here blueline, but knowing the inevitable, it'll be a stark comparison to the NFL Season feeling like February madness given the venues.

southern coach

EOG Member
Pro bowl this year will be a FLAG football game. My friends tell me they are thinking about putting flags on QBs next season.
Wow! Are you ready for Flag Cam ... How about all those "did they get his flag in time" Replay timeouts?
Will we have a Flag Gate? What would that look like? Yikes. I shudder even thinking about stuff like that...

blueline

EOG Master
sure sounds like they are thinking about it ....from PFT :

The evidence is hiding in plain sight. With a potential AFC Championship in Atlanta between the Bills and the Chiefs derailed as soon as tomorrow, the league wants everyone to know, in the event both teams don’t win this weekend, it would have been awesome. In other words, It will be awesome when we vote to play both conference championships at a neutral site.

We sold 50,000 tickets in 24 hours! Half the stadium would be Bills fans and the other half would be Chiefs fans! How awesome is that!

Wouldn’t you prefer that to seeing the same-old partisan crowd for a postseason game? Sure that’s already awesome! But this would be awesomer!

It doesn’t matter whether you agree. Read the announcement from the league. Ask yourself why it was announced when it was announced. There was no reason whatsoever to comment on ticket sales for a game that will happen only if both Kansas City and Buffalo win in the divisional round.

Unless the reason was to give the Jaguars and Bengals more bulletin-board material, the foundation is further being put in place for the NFL’s next strategy for cramming even more cheese into the crust of the pizza — and for squeezing more golden eggs from the goose’s ass.

It doesn’t feel like an if. It seems like a when. And if the Bills and Chiefs meet in Atlanta and it goes as well as the NFL hopes, when could be as soon as next year.

If Bills-Chiefs doesn’t happen, the fact that 50,000 tickets were sold in 24 hours for a game that was still only theoretical becomes the next best argument for giving the neutral-site thing a whirl, even if it’s only a one-year experiment that quickly becomes permanent.

Heim

EOG Master
These storylines are hilarious. How fast does any Championship game sell 50,000 tickets? You think if the Cowboys were the #1 seed that Jerry would be OK with having that game in somebody else's house?

He's one vote when they decide to committee this. What about the other owners who will revenue share with a neutral site? How do you think they'll vote?

blueline

EOG Master
I will go out on a limb and say jerry would get to host some of these non -Cowboy championship games down the road

He's one vote when they decide to committee this. What about the other owners who will revenue share with a neutral site? How do you think they'll vote?
Name the teams that if they won the #1 seed would not want the game in their city? This list should be fun.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
How much money are they really sharing from one game though? They already share the TV money from it.