My All-Time Top 5 Quarterbacks!

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
JJ's criteria is skewed at best. Mine are all time best Qb's, talent and championships included.
1.Joe Montana
2.Otto Graham
3.Sonny Jurgensen
4.Fran Tarkenton
5.Roger Staubach

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
Lawrence said:
how can you diss Dan marino like that...:frustrate
No rings! Jurgensen either- but, his teams sucked except his last two years with George Allen! I would put Griese ahead of Dan Marino.

No Marino, Elway, OR UNITAS. I am glad you included Graham but there is clearly a first tier. There are 6 QB's who stand out among the rest over history. My list:

1. Dan Marino
2. Joe Montana
3. John Unitas
4. John Elway
5. Otto Graham
6. Brett Favre

Also dont see how Jurgensen can be ahead of Tark and the Dodger

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
HinesWard86 said:
No Marino, Elway, OR UNITAS. I am glad you included Graham but there is clearly a first tier. There are 6 QB's who stand out among the rest over history. My list:

1. Dan Marino
2. Joe Montana
3. John Unitas
4. John Elway
5. Otto Graham
6. Brett Favre

Also dont see how Jurgensen can be ahead of Tark and the Dodger
I am biased, Sonny was my boyhood hero! Frank Howard in baseball! Plus, hated Baltimore, thus, no Unitas. I know, I am biased, but who isn't?

Lawrence

EOG Dedicated
it's cool...the only reason I would say Danny is because you listed talent as one of the credentials, and I think he's one of the most talented passers ever...just my opinion..

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
Lawrence said:
it's cool...the only reason I would say Danny is because you listed talent as one of the credentials, and I think he's one of the most talented passers ever...just my opinion..
No doubt a great QB and Hall of Famer- but I am saying just Top 5!

watson

EOG Enthusiast
1. Joe Kane
He was able to win his battle with alcoholism and bring ESU back to a bowl game.

2. Paul Crewe
Even prison couldnt slow this great quarteback down.

3. Junior Floyd
He had no support and yet despite injury was able to lead his "Little Giants" To victory.

4. Paul Blake
A 40 year old playing amongst kids half his age and twice his athleticism. His motivation brought the texas state fighting armadillos to a miracle win.

5. Willie Beamen
Had the attitude and the moves.