Memphis at Houston

Valuist

EOG Master
14 seems like A LOT of points. I know Houston is good, but nobody has run Memphis out. Look at their losses; 1 pt OT loss to Tulane, 3 point double OT loss to UCF, 3 point road loss at Alabama, 1 point neutral court loss to Seton Hall and a 6 point road loss at St Louis in the second game of the season. Their worst loss was by 7 to Tulane, a team that is even faster tempo than they are. I understand these aren't the exact teams from a year ago, but Memphis DID beat them in two of their 3 matchups (both by double digits BTW). Seems like a definite correlation here. If one likes Memphis, this game goes over. But if one likes Houston, it makes more sense to bet under than lay the 14.

Last edited:

choslamshe

EOG Master
Despite the lower number, UNDER seems like a good consideration. Watching the Memphis/Tulane game yesterday, Memphis was so active (defensively) both on and off the ball. Houston's propensity to go on offensive lulls may be taken to another level without Sasser. Houston's D will be as impacful as usual. Especially out the gate, would not surprise me if the score is something like 29-24 at HT.

Heim

EOG Master
Not sure why Sasser is going to try and play versus N. Kentucky. They don't need him.

I saw the slip, doubt that groin will be a 100% anytime soon.