LIV Golf

mr merlin

EOG Master
i tried watching the players, was able to tough it out for 45 min or so, now I'm watching gunsmoke - it's a better use of my time than watching nobodies golf.

mr merlin

EOG Master
As a guy who warches a lot of golf i tried again yesterday - another page 1 full of nobodies except for scheffler. the Players used to be majoresque, now it's the John Deere on an interesting course.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
As a guy who warches a lot of golf i tried again yesterday - another page 1 full of nobodies except for scheffler. the Players used to be majoresque, now it's the John Deere on an interesting course.

I will try to comment later…too busy laughing at your post….you have your nobodies mixed up…

mr merlin

EOG Master
This is another 72 hole tournament…take a look at the leaderboard now…
Small improvement. The problem with these leaderboards full of nobodies isn't that they dont play good golf - they all play good golf, it's that as a fan I dont care about any of them.

Without guys you can either root for or against it's just no fun. Even scheffler I have no feelings about, he's great and playing at the top of his game but I dont really care.

Guys like DJ, reed, dechambeau, koepka, watson, oozie, poulter, Phil, etc, everyone has opinions about.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Absolutely terrible TV coverage on NBC, every shot is fantastic, Scheffler has a long putt that misses by a ft - not at all unusual, and the clown announcers label it tremendous. Another long approach shot ends up 10 yds short of the green and they blather that's "exactly where you want to miss it"

I cant stand love fest golf announcing.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Absolutely terrible TV coverage on NBC, every shot is fantastic, Scheffler has a long putt that misses by a ft - not at all unusual, and the clown announcers label it tremendous. Another long approach shot ends up 10 yds short of the green and they blather that's "exactly where you want to miss it"

I cant stand love fest golf announcing.

Where’s Johnny Miller when you need him?

Jammer

EOG Dedicated
How are LIV two top stars doing? Johnson and Smith?
These two are disinterested. Can't blame them, they already got paid. What is there to play for? No one is watching on TV, no one is watching at the course, and there is nothing on the line. When you get a 200 million dollar appearance fee, what does it matter what place you come in? Its like the guy who gets paid to speak at a dinner. Come in, say a few words, smile and wave to the crowd, get your money and get the fuck out. Now, thehas beens that are on that tour, it means something to them, but, no one gives a shit about them, why, because they are has beens. People would rather watch America's Funniest Animals!!

mr merlin

EOG Master
These two are disinterested. Can't blame them, they already got paid. What is there to play for? No one is watching on TV, no one is watching at the course, and there is nothing on the line. When you get a 200 million dollar appearance fee, what does it matter what place you come in? Its like the guy who gets paid to speak at a dinner. Come in, say a few words, smile and wave to the crowd, get your money and get the fuck out. Now, thehas beens that are on that tour, it means something to them, but, no one gives a shit about them, why, because they are has beens. People would rather watch America's Funniest Animals!!
interesting, lets hear your report on the exciting valspar tourney?

By the way, DJ looks like he's gained a fair amount of weight. maybe he's off the blow.

jasson621

EOG Dedicated
Recorded it while out yesterday and watched every shot last night. Great tourney any time Spieth is playing circle square golf it is exciting. Rooting for Fleetwood to get his first win today but he will most likely leave putts short( his MO) when the chips are down.

Jammer

EOG Dedicated

By the way, DJ looks like he's gained a fair amount of weight. maybe he's off the blow.

He has gained weight- I'm telling you, these guys that got paid don't give a shit, no incentive to perform, just go through the motions.
Do you think people are tuning in to see if Marc Leishman can hold the lead?
I do like Ancer and Wolfe though.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Mikey is right that LIV has diluted the PGA talent and non required tournaments are watered down even more. The big guys have to play in certain tournies. Almost all skip the rest. Still bettor you bet (quite literally with me) than LIV. PGA only had to take the Seinfeld approach and the one negative EV would not happen. Let them keep PGA status. LIV not stopping them.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
The ratings went down. The few people who watched it before didn't watch it again. LIV doesn't make it to 2024. Next will come the exodus back to the PGA or the attempted exodus.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
There is going to be jealousy and bad beat blood because of all the money they made. Like NFLe scab players making regular team roosters.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Dustin Johnson is the only LIV player that could possibly win multiple times on the current PGA circuit….maybe Cam Smith if he gets his shit together….

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Brooksy lost his Christopher Wray. They all did but especially him. He looked like he was going to challenge Tiger and Jack for majors and now he may not win another.