Jobless claims show surprise increase to highest level in a month

MonkeyF0cker

EOG Dedicated
Initial jobless claims totaled 412,000 last week, an increase of 37,000 from the previous week and higher than the 360,000 estimate.

A separate manufacturing report by the Philadelphia Fed was higher than expected, with inflation-related indexes at their highest levels in 40 years.

cheapseats

EOG Master
Waiter at lunch today "nobody wants to work with free money they're handing out. The restaurant is severely under staffed and signs everywhere offering employment.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Once again we have a nation completely divided, I think every state with a republican governor has announced an end to the supplemental money that's depressing reurning to the workforce, has any dem state done the same - dont think so?

mr merlin

EOG Master
This juneteenth nonsense went through without any opposition - now we have 2 holidays for blacks, where are the latino and asian holidays, how about gay holidays? i suspect they're coming - we can make every day a holiday since we're printing fake money.

billysink

EOG Dedicated
Once again we have a nation completely divided, I think every state with a republican governor has announced an end to the supplemental money that's depressing reurning to the workforce, has any dem state done the same - dont think so?

Divided?

Ain't that some shit? That's crazy, wow

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated
This juneteenth nonsense went through without any opposition - now we have 2 holidays for blacks, where are the latino and asian holidays, how about gay holidays? i suspect they're coming - we can make every day a holiday since we're printing fake money.
Who would oppose it? If you DARE say something you are a racist. You cannot have any opinion regarding these groups WITHOUT the cry of RACIST! HOMOPHOBE! BIGOT!

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Who would oppose it? If you DARE say something you are a racist. You cannot have any opinion regarding these groups WITHOUT the cry of RACIST! HOMOPHOBE! BIGOT!
Better get to the bank, they are closing early today for the federal holiday.

MrTop

EOG Master
I heard some fancy restaurant in CA said their servers make $120/hour and they cant fill the positions. imagine that?

they don't take just anyone... any expensive place you have to have top notch experience.. 275 -1500 a person will ask for info and experience.

mr merlin

EOG Master
they don't take just anyone... any expensive place you have to have top notch experience.. 275 -1500 a person will ask for info and experience.
yea, under normal circumstances, sounds like they're desperate, I would imagine if you have some high end experience and look clean they'd hire you.