How many of you guys hide your gambling?

From you're wives, or girlfriends?

From your boss?

Or the worst,

From your friends, who know your a degenerate loser!

:smoke

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
Hard to hide from cook, but rest of family doesn't really understand it all.

My oldest son does have an idea though.

panther said:
I thought you were talking about hiding winnings

panther

I report all my winnings, down to the penny pal! Seriously.

All the winnings, that is, that I'm aware of.:+thumbs-2

Usually the ones who hide are the ones that are degenerate losers. Year in and year out I have a friend who gets stuck every year to the man. The funny thing is he believes he's going to win. His homework equates to reading the local paper's lines & standings then firing $50/100 plays on NFL Sunday ( yes there are squares out there not that I'm a sharp or anything) and when all said and done he'll be in the red. Try to point him in the right direction to cut down his loses and maybe win is a loss cause. Gamblers have big egos especially the ones that don't know jack shit about this business............what a gold mine.

I wouldn't go as far to say those who hide it are all the degenerate type. Seems like the guys that are always talking about it are the ones who have the real problem... parlaying and teasing left and right, always betting the sucker bet, etc...

Simply put, there's a stigma attached to gambling and gamblers in general because of the actions of those truly addicted to it. Are there those that can gamble and do so within their means? Certainly... But the ones most people see are those that are living paycheck to paycheck, throwing all of it on the big game.

I know personally that when my girlfriend of the time didn't think it was that big a deal that she mentioned to her father that I gambled on sports that I was extremely embarassed. Do I see a problem in it? No. But I'd go out on a limb and say that most people do.

The topic is hiding it from your better half not the public.........honestly is the best policy..............your MM skills may improve once she is in on it. Spending the diaper money............well we all know that's wrong. Trying to get even can get you even worse.

Last edited:
Betting sports is not accepatable in America therefore you must hide it. It turns people off. Women do not like it either as I have lost over 16 years ago because of gambling.

Never ever say you bet, when people ask me did I watch Yankee game I just tell them I do not like sports and I am a hiker even though I knew ever line movement on the game.

Of course your boys know you bet but keep it to that.

robbiek

EOG Member
am still dreading the day when my girlfriend`s parents ask what an online investor actually does:+clueless

rainbow

EOG Master
I think alot of people hide what they win or lose from their Wifes or Girlfriends, thats just my opinion, but as far as gambling, its too hard to hide for a period of time.

Slight Favorite

EOG Addicted
Q: What do you do?
A: Offshore investor.

Q: What type of investments?
A: Extremely liquid short and long term performance investments.

<?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O /><O:p></O:p>
Q: What are those?
A: Sort of like IPO?s, I find groups that have been undervalued and try to get in on the ground floor.

<O:p></O:p>
Q: Any money in that?
A: A little.

<O:p></O:p>

(Change subject)

ian_go

EOG Member
I took some good advice way back, that was to be upfront about (10% of) your gambling to those who really matter in your life. Those close to you will eventually find out, and probably not in the way you would like. :D

watson

EOG Enthusiast
Why whos asking. Is that you honey. After the fifth time this month my sheetrocker had to fix the holes in my tv room. I think she is catching on.