"Headache and runny nose linked to Delta variant"

"A headache, sore throat and runny nose are now the most commonly reported symptoms linked to Covid infection in the UK, researchers say.

Prof Tim Spector, who runs the Zoe Covid Symptom study, says catching the Delta variant can feel "more like a bad cold" for younger people.

But although they may not feel very ill, they could be contagious and put others at risk.

Anyone who thinks they may have Covid should take a test.

The classic Covid symptoms people should look out for, the NHS says, are:
  • cough
  • fever
  • loss of smell or taste
But Prof Spector says these are now less common, based on the data the Zoe team has been receiving from thousands of people who have logged their symptoms on an app.

"Since the start of May, we have been looking at the top symptoms in the app users - and they are not the same as they were," he says.
The change appears linked to the rise in the Delta variant, first identified in India and now accounting for 90% of Covid cases in the UK.
Fever remains quite common but loss of smell no longer appears in the top 10 symptoms, Prof Spector says.

'Off' feeling​

"This variant seems to be working slightly differently," he says.
"People might think they've just got some sort of seasonal cold and they still go out to parties and they might spread around to six other people.
"We think this is fuelling a lot of the problem.

"The message here is that if you are young, you are going to get milder symptoms anyway.
"It might just feel like a bad cold or some funny 'off' feeling - but do stay at home and do get a test."

Muscle aches​

Similarly, the Imperial College London React study of more than a million people in England - when the Alpha or UK variant was dominant - found a wide range of additional symptoms linked to Covid.
Chills, loss of appetite, headache and muscle aches were together most strongly linked with being infected, alongside classic symptoms.
Government advice says the most important symptoms of Covid are:
  • new continuous cough
  • a high temperature
  • loss of or change in smell or taste.
"There are several other symptoms linked with Covid-19," it says.

"These other symptoms may have another cause and are not on their own a reason to have a Covid-19 test.
"If you are concerned about your symptoms, seek medical advice."
[IMG alt="Banner image reading 'more about coronavirus'"]https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/2048/...1165274_cps_web_banner_top_640x3-nc.png[/IMG]

The Delta variant is here in Ontario and it will find the unvaccinated like it is in the UK. I sure hope it wipes out the anti-vaxers. For those who got vaccinated hang on and keep following public health guidelines, it's almost over and we will go back to the things, we love to do.

Do you realize how much that will cost our health system?

Nah, they will refuse treatment. Anti-vaxers chose their own path. And most of them are in Manitoba and Alberta, Ontario's health care system will be fine.

mr merlin

EOG Master
You know X, there will be a new variant in a couple months, will you doom and gloom that one too after this one fizzles?

You know X, there will be a new variant in a couple months, will you doom and gloom that one too after this one fizzles?

If the news scares you why not turn it off or seek professional help. As for the rest of us many want to be informed.

1623730201133.png

I think we can quit taking china’s word on any of this.

"Cases of the variant quickly began multiplying at a rapid rate and, by June 9, Public Health England said the total number of Delta infections had jumped to 42,323 from 12,431 in just seven days. The variant has moved across the country and now accounts for more than 90 per cent of all infections, overtaking the Alpha mutation, which originated in Britain last fall.

The alarming surge has pushed up the number of daily COVID-19 cases to the highest level in three months. On Monday, Britain reported 7,742 new infections, up 45 per cent in the past week. Hospital admissions have climbed 50 per cent, and while the death toll remains low – three deaths were reported Monday – it has also increased by 12 per cent in the past week."

MonkeyF0cker

EOG Dedicated
In how many of them did you post, often multiple times. LOL. Just can't help yourself, eh ;

It's not surprising that you can't comprehend that you're the joke.

You and other libtards like you are pure entertainment. On par with the Three Stooges.

You, billy, Heisenberg, etc. exist soley to amuse me with your stupidity.

billysink

EOG Dedicated
How all you fukkdrips get so wrapped up in this shit?

I don't get it. Covid took me about three minutes to figure out, deal with and carry on.

What the fukk I care what some chittybird does with his biz. Wear a mask, go full Rudy Goburnt, wear a fukkin space suit stick tampons up your helmet.

Not my problem you ain't part of my world. Sit around months on end bickering.

About a 6*6 piece of cloth and a string. The fukk goes on in your damn skulls?

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I haven’t seen this many fake scares since Fred Sanford thought he was having the Big One. We just need Elizabeth.

mr merlin

EOG Master
I haven’t seen this many fake scares since Fred Sanford thought he was having the Big One. We just need Elizabeth.
I see the NFL is going to pretend it's spring of 2020 this fall, unvaccinated players will be treated like shit - the one i really like is they cant ride on bus's or planes with vaccinated players. What are they afraid of if the rest of the team has had the jab?

It seems like there's a big enough % of unvaccinated(especially stars) to fight back - refuse to do any of the Bs.

"Delta variant ravages care home: 55 infected, 12 dead":

"...the rise of the Delta variant, which is ravaging India and threatening the United Kingdom’s reopening, they recently announced the BC CDC would go back to whole genome sequencing of all positive samples.

"The variant, which is already the dominant strain in the United Kingdom and threatening the country’s plans to reopen, now accounts for more than 6% of cases in the U.S.

"Freedom delayed: UK pushes back reopen date as delta variant surges

"UK Covid infections rise as Delta variant dominates

"the delta variant had been detected in more than 80 countries around the world and that public health experts are keeping tabs on potential additional mutations to it.

In the United States, where officials said last week that the delta variant accounts for around 6 percent of new cases, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has added delta to its list of “variants of concern.”

The variant may not yet upend U.S. reopening plans, but combined with the slower than expected pace of vaccinations in recent weeks, some experts are urging caution.

“If you’re living in a part of the country where there’s a low degree of vaccination or you yourself are not vaccinated, you’re clearly vulnerable because this is basically covid-19 on steroids,” Andy Slavitt, a former senior adviser on the coronavirus response for the Biden administration, told The Washington Post’s Yasmeen Abutaleb.

The big problem is that the coronavirus has spread so far and wide that it has plenty of opportunity to mutate.

...Delta is 60 percent more infectious than alpha, a variant first detected in Britain, according to U.K. officials. There are also some studies that suggest it causes greater rates of hospitalization, though the evidence there is still limited.