Good Omaha Hi/Lo split books?

Somebody give me some tips for playing in an absolute laugher of a game that I play in Tuesday night...a game where every player sees the flop, regardless of raises...(its $10-$20), and will call you down with a any draw.

I just got he snot beaten out of me last night in a game that I figure I have about a 5% chance of losing in....all rough beats, so maybe it was a fluke. But I jsut feel that I'm missing something here.

Are pairs (AA, KK, QQ, JJ) anygood in a game like this?

Obviously the little ones, ace/duece/3 are big winners, but someone give me some pointers...

Also, does anyone know a good omaha hi/lo split book out there for the type of game I'm talking about, average pot was about 800...

Thanks in advance.

Iron.

kidslick

EOG Dedicated
average hand it is

ace suited is a better hand ex a/3 a/2 clubs with these cards you have a chance for the nut flush plus the low hand which is half the pot

if you are holding three of a kind in your hand ...MAKE SURE YOU THROW IT AWAY..trust me on this one

the hand you where talking about before is only good for high hand not low

(remember this) and that hand is only good if you pair the board

if there is now low on the board ace thru eight and you pair the board then you have a good hand (make sure you have the high pair when the board is paired ex k-3-3-8-7 yoy are holding 77 in your hand , trust me more times than not someone is holding 8/8 or kk

kidslick

EOG Dedicated
Ironlock said:
:+textinbu . Have you read any books on omaha? Got any suggestions?

ironlock if you want to learn for shitts and giggles
skybook has a pokeroom they have highlow tables low limits average pot hand is around 50 bucks

good way to start

Tony-

Been playing for 10 years, and winning for 7....I know the basics and bit more. But thanks for the suggestion.

My post was in regards to a specific type of omaha game, a completely and utterly tighlight zone/irrational, giving away money, type of game. One in which I got beat. I think you misread it, but I do appreciate the responses. Thanks buddy.

ClubmanCoop

EOG Veteran
I love the game, its all i play now

Joined Doyles room and rackback.com ( a must IMO ) I just found with TexasHoldem being so popular these days, I see to many KIDS playing with dads CC calling anything all the way to the river. :D

GL
Coop

Woody

EOG Veteran
Ironlock said:
Are pairs (AA, KK, QQ, JJ) anygood in a game like this?

No, play premium low hands and look to raise on turn with made nut low and wrap around low (non-counterfeitable) as well making the nuts with a flush. If there's so much action you can be quartered and still make money.

No point in raising AA if everyone calls anyway.

Throw away on the flop often.

Woody said:
No, play premium low hands and look to raise on turn with made nut low and wrap around low (non-counterfeitable) as well making the nuts with a flush. If there's so much action you can be quartered and still make money.

No point in raising AA if everyone calls anyway.

Throw away on the flop often.

I've been justifying calling with pairs, (a hand like A J J 10), because of the nature of the game, knowing that if I hit the full house, I'll be paid off handsomely....I had a feeling this was a leak, and if I understand you correctly....are you confirming this?

I've been playing hands I would normally not play, but now that I think a little, getting tighter would probably make more sense since you need the nuts to win...

Let me know if I understand you correctly.

Thanks,

Iron.

Woody

EOG Veteran
Ironlock said:
I've been justifying calling with pairs, (a hand like A J J 10), because of the nature of the game, knowing that if I hit the full house, I'll be paid off handsomely....I had a feeling this was a leak, and if I understand you correctly....are you confirming this?

Yes, I believe that is a big leak. If the flop comes KQx you are trapped until the river if the board doesn't pair. If you hit KKJ you still can't like your hand too much. I would only play aces, for example AA(1 or 2 wheel cards)(1 or 2 broadway cards).

Would need to run simulations to see how that hand really performs but I have to think its a big loser.