General tennis thread

tennisfreak

EOG Member
I am new to the forum (although I bet for over 15 years) and will try to put my best tennis-basketball tips here (alongside analysis of course). Hope the results will be good and that all of us can profit from my tips :)

tennisfreak

EOG Member
Re: General tennis thread

For today I like over 22.5 games in the Millot - Brands match, in the 1/2 finals of Mons challenger.

Both players serve big and in indoors conditions both should hold their serves quite easily. Also the quiality difference between them is small and this could easily go into three sets.

The odds for over 22.5 are quite nice - 1.83 (-120 US) so I´ll gladly go with this one.

tennisfreak

EOG Member

For today I like over 22.5 games in the Millot - Brands match, in the 1/2 finals of Mons challenger.

Both players serve big and in indoors conditions both should hold their serves quite easily. Also the quiality difference between them is small and this could easily go into three sets.

The odds for over 22.5 are quite nice - 1.83 (-120 US) so I´ll gladly go with this one.

6:4 6:4 for the Frenchmen in the end, so a loss :clubbed Brands got broken once per set, but failed to create a single break chance.

tennisfreak

EOG Member

No tennis plays for today but I strongly lean towards taking an over in the LA Lakers - Denver Nuggets match which is played tonight.

Last edited:

tennisfreak

EOG Member

Few plays from me from ATP Masters in Shanghai tomorrow:

1st double:

Pouille L. - Verdasco F. (Pouilie is on fire this season, currently taking the career best 16th place in the ATP rankings and I really can't see how a 33 year old veteran Verdasco, who is out of form, can win this one)
Tip: 1

Kyrgios N. - Querrey S. (Kyrgios finally looks completely focused on tennis, has won the ATP Tokyo event last week and I don't think that anyone except Djoković and Murray can stop him at the moment - he is just too dominant for the rest of the players on fast surfaces)
Tip : 1

odds: 2

2nd double:

Pella G. - Sock J. (Sock is a better player in every aspect of the game + loves fast surfaces so I don't see him struggling even a bit in this one)
Tip: 2 (AH -3.5 Games)

Zverev A. - Cilic M. (young German is a dead-certain future top 3 player and is great even at the moment - won a title this year, lost two finals - top 20 player after this one, what else could a 19 year old player want in the era of Djoković and Murray + Fed who was solid this year before the injury)
Tip: 1 (AH +3 Games)

odds: 2.65

tennisfreak

EOG Member

Few plays from me from ATP Masters in Shanghai tomorrow:

1st double:

Pouille L. - Verdasco F. (Pouilie is on fire this season, currently taking the career best 16th place in the ATP rankings and I really can't see how a 33 year old veteran Verdasco, who is out of form, can win this one)
Tip: 1

Kyrgios N. - Querrey S. (Kyrgios finally looks completely focused on tennis, has won the ATP Tokyo event last week and I don't think that anyone except Djoković and Murray can stop him at the moment - he is just too dominant for the rest of the players on fast surfaces)
Tip : 1

odds: 2

2nd double:

Pella G. - Sock J. (Sock is a better player in every aspect of the game + loves fast surfaces so I don't see him struggling even a bit in this one)
Tip: 2 (AH -3.5 Games)

Zverev A. - Cilic M. (young German is a dead-certain future top 3 player and is great even at the moment - won a title this year, lost two finals - top 20 player after this one, what else could a 19 year old player want in the era of Djoković and Murray + Fed who was solid this year before the injury)
Tip: 1 (AH +3 Games)

odds: 2.65

1st double won, 2nd one lost thanks to one game in the Sock - Pella match (Sock won by 3 games :frustrate )

tennisfreak

EOG Member

Troicki to beat Ferrer @ 2.1, ATP Vienna 15:30 (CET)

Troicki is having another solid season and after beating Thiem yesterday Ferrer doesn't look like an unbeatable opponent in this 1/4 final match. I don't expect an easy win and this could easily be a 3 setter but I think that Troicki should come on top in the end, especially so late in the season when almost 35 year old Ferrer probably thinks only about rest.

tennisfreak

EOG Member

Troicki to beat Ferrer @ 2.1, ATP Vienna 15:30 (CET)

Troicki is having another solid season and after beating Thiem yesterday Ferrer doesn't look like an unbeatable opponent in this 1/4 final match. I don't expect an easy win and this could easily be a 3 setter but I think that Troicki should come on top in the end, especially so late in the season when almost 35 year old Ferrer probably thinks only about rest.

Tight loss on this one as Troicki had 5:3 and a match point in the 3rd set but lost that one 5:7 :doh1