Eye on the Markets: Coronavirus Stocks/Investments thread

homie1975

EOG Addicted
yep.. rates won't move like before

dollar coming down too. It makes gold move

we need likely ~3 mos more of better than expected CPI and Inflationary rates or the FED will remain Hawkish IMO.

if they pivot too quickly, CPI and Inflation can quickly spike and put us in more trouble than before and force Jay Powell into 100 basis points which is the nuclear option we do not want because it will stretch out this forced recession.

MrTop

EOG Master
the dollar has dropped 7 since august.... now at 107.26

gold keeps rising. Note china has been dumping treasuries. Russia and china keep adding to gold pile.

many countries leaving the dollar.

mr merlin

EOG Master
the dollar has dropped 7 since august.... now at 107.26

gold keeps rising. Note china has been dumping treasuries. Russia and china keep adding to gold pile.

many countries leaving the dollar.
The Brics trading block keeps adding members, they are close to having over half the worlds population in it, the dollar's dominance is over.

pro analyser

EOG Dedicated
The Brics trading block keeps adding members, they are close to having over half the worlds population in it, the dollar's dominance is over.
Thank Biden for cutting Russia out of the swift system and stealing Russias money to pay it's debt. The other county's realize, that can happen to us.

homie1975

EOG Addicted
weakest dollar in 10 years

well it was a very good run for the past year or so because every Tom's Harry Dick i know was traveling from the USA to Europe these past 10-12 mos and living it up? Me? my kids are too young yet and won't remember the trip so i am going to wait another 5 years so i only have to take them one time not twice :)

homie1975

EOG Addicted
Once again. As we see FTX contagion sent others such as COIN down overnight.

yes, collateral damage and to be expected, kind of like if a Bank got into huge trouble, all or most companies in the financial sector would also get dumped out and the price would drop materially.

sectors / segments / cohorts, move together.

buying opportunities !!

bishqqq

EOG Addicted
this is the toughest market I've seen in 27 yrs of my trading career. I think gold & silver got more to run. I'm holding cash & feeling awfully foolish.

cheapseats

EOG Master
Triple Q. Have you considered Treasury Direct? The 6-month T-Bill has a 4.5 rate. Most states cannot tax interest earned, lot to like.

homie1975

EOG Addicted
this is the toughest market I've seen in 27 yrs of my trading career. I think gold & silver got more to run. I'm holding cash & feeling awfully foolish.

tougher than the Summer 2007 to Spring 2009 run where the true low did not hit until March 2009? (the bottom was called by the late, great Mark Haines at CNBC)

MrTop

EOG Master

gold / silver and copper is on a nice short run so far. The dollar is getting lower and lower.

MrTop

EOG Master
never understood the draw of the check mark, I use twitter quite a bit and never even signed up.

twitter very well could be the new paypal. Musk let out the news. You do not want paypal stock. He can reach out to many

the thing you are talking about the blue checkmark is for professionals, well known people, companies and media so nobody can fake their profile... Musk also said there will be different colors for levels soon etc.

cheapseats

EOG Master
Interesting that mortgage rates have come down the last few weeks in face of rising interest rates. Similarly, the 6 month t-bill remains flat 4.67 to 4.72.

MrTop

EOG Master
after today it's mkt cap is still $344 billion, considering real car co's are worth maybe 50 billion it's still vastly overpriced.

agree it will drop more. Toyota in 2nd place is at 186 billion market cap

General motors at 8th place at 47 billion

small buy back today so far

mr merlin

EOG Master
agree it will drop more. Toyota in 2nd place is at 186 billion market cap

General motors at 8th place at 47 billion

small buy back today so far
Those co's all make millions and millions of cars - and they are profitable.

Keep in mind what's going on with tesla is not a change in market sentiment - it's deliberate payback for what's going on at twitter and Elon's perceived shift to the right. It's being orchestrated.

MrTop

EOG Master
Those co's all make millions and millions of cars - and they are profitable.

Keep in mind what's going on with tesla is not a change in market sentiment - it's deliberate payback for what's going on at twitter and Elon's perceived shift to the right. It's being orchestrated.

nobody is buy his cars in Jina

mr merlin

EOG Master
nobody is buy his cars in Jina
His space X co is going to be the big one - they just launched their 60th mission of the year, no one even talks about that, sometimes 2-3/week are going up. i believe it's going to launch an IPO with a value of around $150 billion estimated.

MrTop

EOG Master
His space X co is going to be the big one - they just launched their 60th mission of the year, no one even talks about that, sometimes 2-3/week are going up. i believe it's going to launch an IPO with a value of around $150 billion estimated.

twitter is going to be the new paypal. That is why he delisted twitter