Eye on the Markets: Coronavirus Stocks/Investments thread

MrTop

EOG Master
The Federal Reserve will need to go on a longer tightening cycle and raise interest rates well into next year to control inflation that Blackstone Group sees as “more deeply entrenched” in the US. Blackstone expects the Fed to hike by 75 basis points in the July meeting.

Valuist

EOG Master
The Federal Reserve will need to go on a longer tightening cycle and raise interest rates well into next year to control inflation that Blackstone Group sees as “more deeply entrenched” in the US. Blackstone expects the Fed to hike by 75 basis points in the July meeting.

Should they? Sure. Will they? I doubt it. At some point they will spook themselves and stop tightening. There's already talk as to when they will start dropping rates again in 2023.

Ray Luca

EOG Master
SOFI is now $7.49........still long...........if you want a PURE SPECULATION play on the next "pandumic"......MONKEY POX VIRUS. / SMALL POX ........SIGA ( SIGA TECH. )...IT POPPED UP TO $ 15.33 IN after hours trading Friday....the stock has already doubled since 5/18/22........PUT THIS THING ON YOUR RADAR !!!!!!!!.............................VERY RISKY, but has potential to go alot higher like MODERNA ( MRNA ) & NOVAVAX ( NVAX ) during the early days of the Corona virus.

SIGA was a good pick. Good job

MrTop

EOG Master
I bought CPB back in october. When inflation hits nobody buys the expensive can soup.

Campbell soup is the low end soup.

MrTop

EOG Master
the stock market all green

inflation slowing very little but in the right direction 8.7% to 8.5%

still have to raise rates but looking at serious correction.

MrTop

EOG Master
Home Partners of America, the single-family landlord owned by Blackstone Inc., will stop buying homes in 38 US cities, becoming the latest institutional investor to back away from an overheated housing market.

MrTop

EOG Master
Honda, LG Energy Plan $4.4 Billion EV Battery Factory in U.S.
Tie-up is latest to link auto makers and battery suppliers in push to expand capacity
The companies said they plan to begin construction of the factory early next year and start mass production by the end of 2025. The factory is planned for Ohio, the same state as Honda’s longstanding auto plant in Marysville, people familiar with the matter said. The companies didn’t name the location.

Valuist

EOG Master
Many feel FedEx is an excellent barometer for the overall economy. If so, not good news. FedEx badly missed earnings, and guided down for the rest of the year, cutting projected earnings by 50% and will closes 90 locations. The CEO says this won't be a Euro recession; it will be worldwide. FedEx stock down 20% today.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Many feel FedEx is an excellent barometer for the overall economy. If so, not good news. FedEx badly missed earnings, and guided down for the rest of the year, cutting projected earnings by 50% and will closes 90 locations. The CEO says this won't be a Euro recession; it will be worldwide. FedEx stock down 20% today.
They can see exactly what's happening to business levels in real time, apparently it looks ugly.

Lets run it down...inflation is higher than it's been in 40 years and shows no real signs of slowing, interests rates are surging and the housing market is being enormously impacted, rents are surging nationwide effecting the poorest americans, energy costs have been forced higher because of the reckless decisions to sanction one of the worlds largest energy producers.

Then you have the stock market which is down 15-20% this year which of course effects consumer confidence, etc.

So yea, things are pretty bad.

Ray Luca

EOG Master

Another Jim Cramer selection lol

homie1975

EOG Addicted
it is time to AVERAGE DOWN on existing red positions and/or to OPEN NEW POSITIONS

RIGHT NOW

major headwinds but NO system risk.

we are only 1% from the JUNE lows and the floor was already formed.

I have done what i said above, RIGHT NOW. i did it.

disclaimer: I also did the same in the March and June Lows and here we are again so my opinion is worth less than a grain of salt.

pro analyser

EOG Dedicated
Silver up 8.5% today.. Banc of america 1.2 billion short position expired Sept30. Banks have gone long for first time in 40 years. Comex drained to 40 million oz from 160 in just two years. Expect a big run.

MrTop

EOG Master
Series I Savings Bonds

9.62%
For savings bonds issued May 1, 2022 to October 31, 2022.

Complete the purchase of this bond in TreasuryDirect by October 28, 2022 to ensure issuance by October 31, 2022. Learn more

Valuist

EOG Master
Series I Savings Bonds

9.62%
For savings bonds issued May 1, 2022 to October 31, 2022.

Complete the purchase of this bond in TreasuryDirect by October 28, 2022 to ensure issuance by October 31, 2022. Learn more

I posted about these months ago. The rate will reset next week, but inflation still bad so the new rate should be high. Thanks Joe.

MrTop

EOG Master

Inflation-adjusted tax brackets for 2023​

RATE
SINGLE
MARRIED, FILING JOINTLY
----------------------------
10%
Up to $11,000
Up to $22,000
12%
$11,001 - $44,725
$22,001 - $89,450
22%
$44,726 - $95,375
$89,451 - $190,750
-----------------------------
24%
$95,376 - $182,100
$190,751 - $364,200
32%
$182,101 - $231,250
$364,201 - $462,500
--------------------------------
35%
$231,251 - $578,125
$462,501 - $693,750
-------------------------------------
37%
$578,126+
$693,751+

Source: Internal Revenue Service

Last edited:

MrTop

EOG Master

Treasury Sold $3.4 Billion in I Bonds This Week as Investors Rushed to Get 9.62% Rate​

The interest rate on inflation-adjusted I Bonds is expected to drop to around 6.47% starting Nov. 1​

mr merlin

EOG Master

Treasury Sold $3.4 Billion in I Bonds This Week as Investors Rushed to Get 9.62% Rate​

The interest rate on inflation-adjusted I Bonds is expected to drop to around 6.47% starting Nov. 1​

if you bought one this week how long is that 9.62 rate good for? And when does the 6.47 kick in?

MrTop

EOG Master
if you bought one this week how long is that 9.62 rate good for? And when does the 6.47 kick in?

You must own the bond for at least five years to receive all of the interest that is due. You cannot cash out an I bond before holding it for a year; if you do so after that point (but before five years), you forfeit three months of interest.

nov1st new rate

Rockfish

EOG Addicted
If you bought this week before 10/28/22 you get the 9.62 for six months. The new rate is announced 11/01/22. You will get that rate after the six months of getting 9.62.

MrTop

EOG Master
no.

it's a CPI number that was cooler than expected, so institutions and retail investors rushed back into Growth stocks ie Tech.

today's surge in all three indexes has ZERO to do with politics and ZERO to do with Cryptocurrency.

it is ALL about inflation and CPI

yep.. rates won't move like before

dollar coming down too. It makes gold move