Danny Wuerffel

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I'm an average tennis player, an above-average table tennis player (not close to BOMZEE's skill level), yet an excellent pickleball player.

The sport of pickleball is perfect for my skill set.

Last edited:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Good eye-hand coordination, great touch, textbook technique, steely competitor and not a lot of ground to cover (court size is 20 feet x 44 feet).

I'm ready to challenge BIRDIE.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Have you been playing pickleball?

Yes.

I can hit all the shots, BIRDIE, slices included.

I even have a few ATPs (around-the-post) to my credit.

I began playing last year and I would estimate I started at the 4.5 level.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
JK -375 over Rail….

Hmmm...

I'm guessing the right price is more like -2500.

And I'm not saying I'm favored.

In most recreational sports, one player's unknown ability level usually dominates the other player's unknown ability level.

After playing one competitive game with BIRDIE, I would know if I was the better player.

Last edited:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
It would be like a wrestling match between VIEJO and BIRDIE.

They are not going to trade victories.

bomzee

EOG Dedicated
I'm an average tennis player, an above-average table tennis player (not close to BOMZEE's skill level), yet an excellent pickleball player.

The sport of pickleball is perfect for my skill set.
JK
next time you're in Vegas
can I get an invite to watch
you play pickleball ?
TIA

railbird

EOG Master
Hmmm...

I'm guessing the right price is more like -2500.

And I'm not saying I'm favored.

In most recreational sports, one player's unknown ability level usually dominates the other player's unknown ability level.

After playing one competitive game with BIRDIE, I would know if I was the better player.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR

Read it twice, still not sure what it means.

Are you saying when 2 unknown entities are talking shit to each other it will never be evenly matched?

-2500/+1500 more likely than -110/110?

I'm a little slow this morning.......

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Read it twice, still not sure what it means.

Are you saying when 2 unknown entities are talking shit to each other it will never be evenly matched?

-2500/+1500 more likely than -110/110?

I'm a little slow this morning.......

Not never, but if you look at the mythical probability curve of results for a bunch of unknowns A vs B, JK is saying it would look like a barbell with higher probability at both ends than an even match.

Last edited:

railbird

EOG Master
Not never, but if you look at the mythical probability curve of results for a bunch of unknowns A vs B, JK is saying it would look like a barbell with higher probability at both ends than an even match.
i learned when i was a tout you only had to explain things once to sharp people.