Broncos Are A Mess...

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Well, they have two big problems, they just got rid of one of them, unfortunately their other problem will still be starting at QB next year

Agree to all here.

Having said that: I am willing to give Russell Wilson a "clean slate" to START next season. Maybe the problem was Hackett? I think back to Jared Goff's first year when Jeff Fisher was his HC. Goff was brutally bad. Next season McVay came in and Goff played better. Goff was also 10+ years younger than "Let's Ride."

So I am willing to give Wilson a chance to prove all out there the reason he sucked this season was because of Hackett and maybe with a different coach he can/will do better,

kane

EOG master
Agree to all here.

Having said that: I am willing to give Russell Wilson a "clean slate" to START next season. Maybe the problem was Hackett? I think back to Jared Goff's first year when Jeff Fisher was his HC. Goff was brutally bad. Next season McVay came in and Goff played better. Goff was also 10+ years younger than "Let's Ride."

So I am willing to give Wilson a chance to prove all out there the reason he sucked this season was because of Hackett and maybe with a different coach he can/will do better,
The difference with your Goff comparison is that Goff never accomplished anything, McVay turned him into a decent QB, but he was never at the level Russ was at, Hackett is/was a bad coach, hard to see him getting another head coaching job, but it shouldn't make this big a difference, Russ hasn't been bad, he's been brutal, he's 29th in QBR, and 29th in passer rating, that can't be on Hackett, Russ is cooked, done, finished, and if he proves me wrong next year feel free to bump this thread and call me out, and the trade only gets worse since their first round pick goes to Seattle

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
The difference with your Goff comparison is that Goff never accomplished anything, McVay turned him into a decent QB, but he was never at the level Russ was at, Hackett is/was a bad coach, hard to see him getting another head coaching job, but it shouldn't make this big a difference, Russ hasn't been bad, he's been brutal, he's 29th in QBR, and 29th in passer rating, that can't be on Hackett, Russ is cooked, done, finished, and if he proves me wrong next year feel free to bump this thread and call me out, and the trade only gets worse since their first round pick goes to Seattle

I fear you are right.

But as a lonnnnnnnng time Broncos fan I gotta hold out hope knowing what we gave up for him and how much he is owed the next too-many-years.

Heim

EOG Master
From what I read, they can cut him (Wilson) after June 1...eat the rest of the contract at a small discount.

Aside from his lack of production, teammates don't like him.

Heim

EOG Master
I doubt they move on from Wilson. Decent Qbs are hard to find. They have a playoff defense, offense needs to be revamped.

Especially in the red zone....

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
I doubt they move on from Wilson. Decent Qbs are hard to find. They have a playoff defense, offense needs to be revamped.

Especially in the red zone....

I think we see him back next season to see if the reason he sucked this season was him or Hackett? It might be both but you have to hope it was Hackett

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Goff was the first pick in the draft, if McVay gets credit for going to a SB with him, does he also get the blame for Goff going sour?

Heim

EOG Master
Elway slowly deteriorated this team....

To show you what a dummy he is. He could have owned 20% of the team close to his retirement. He rejected the deal which would have netted him 930 million after the recent sale.

Elway slowly deteriorated this team....

To show you what a dummy he is. He could have owned 20% of the team close to his retirement. He rejected the deal which would have netted him 930 million after the recent sale.
You say some dumb fucking shit but this one might take the cake. He took over a 4-12 team. He slowly deteriorated that team into 2 superbowls and a world championship. This is the reason california should have limit on attempts to pass the bar exam. 😂🤣

Heim

EOG Master
You say some dumb fucking shit but this one might take the cake. He took over a 4-12 team. He slowly deteriorated that team into 2 superbowls and a world championship. This is the reason california should have limit on attempts to pass the bar exam. 😂🤣

They didn't have one impact player drafted from 2013 to 2017. Football Focus rated their draft for 5 years a D-

The only thing he did smart was draft Von Miller in 2011 and convince Manning to come there, otherwise the team is still reeling from his lack of personnel acumen as this year showed.

Last edited:

boston massacre

EOG Master
They're All Union Guys.

Favorable Treatment Like That Causes Major Fractions.

Sounds As Though Wilson Is Lucky, That There Isn't A Team Rebellion Against Him.

Especially With The Team Shitting All Over The Bed This Year.

They didn't have one impact player drafted from 2013 to 2017. Football Focus rated their draft for 5 years a D-

The only thing he did smart was draft Von Miller in 2011 and convince Manning to come there, otherwise the team is still reeling
from his lack of personnel acumen as this year showed.
Yeah you're right Justin Simmons isn't impactful.

Mastered the art of the salary cap.

Put together a top 5 defense of all time.

Went to 2 superbowls and won one of them. How many teams outside of the Patriots wouldn't take that over a nine year run?

How many Superbowls did Peyton go to before the Broncos?

As far as Elway's business acumen Heim looks like even more of a fucking moron (if that's possible).

Dan Marino Net Worth 50 mil
Jim Kelly Net Worth 25 mil
Troy Aikman Net worth 65 mil
Warren Moon Net Worth 12 mil
John Elway Net Worth 150 mil

Yes you read that correct John Elway has net worth of all 4 of those hall of famers combined.

Wade

EOG Master
As far as Elway's business acumen Heim looks like even more of a fucking moron (if that's possible).

Dan Marino Net Worth 50 mil
Jim Kelly Net Worth 25 mil
Troy Aikman Net worth 65 mil
Warren Moon Net Worth 12 mil
John Elway Net Worth 150 mil

Yes you read that correct John Elway has net worth of all 4 of those hall of famers combined.

Black guy with the least what a shock.

Heim

EOG Master
Rumor, Denver wants Sean Payton, so does Wilson, however Payton not sure he wants Wilson.

Good defense, good winning culture and a new ownership that will spend, what's the holdup?

Payton probably doesn't think he can win with Wilson.

MrTop

EOG Master
rice part owner of denver. Remember when bush and her took out their money just before enron went down

LOL

Heim

EOG Master
rice part owner of denver. Remember when bush and her took out their money just before enron went down

LOL

I think the Walmart group is one of the few ownerships that will give Payton what he wants. Rumor is 15-20m per year.

MrTop

EOG Master
I think the Walmart group is one of the few ownerships that will give Payton what he wants. Rumor is 15-20m per year.

YEP one or more of the kids is.. wasn't the father john walton ? then he gave all the kids the money.

Rumor, Denver wants Sean Payton, so does Wilson, however Payton not sure he wants Wilson.

Good defense, good winning culture and a new ownership that will spend, what's the holdup?

That rumor isn't from anyone close to the situation and as usual not even close to reality.

I mean it's fairly obvious that Russ is definitely interested in Peyton and vice versa. I mean Colin Cowherd kinda let the cat out of the bag on that one. Looks like the market for Peyton wasn't quite what he thought it was going to be and from what I hear Penner (besides his history of good offensive lines in NO) wasn't left all that impressed. I can't blame him. I mean look at his success without a HOF QB. He also quit on his team and left them in terrible cap shape. I would say the way things look now there's a good chance Payton ends up back on TV next year.

Last edited:

Heim

EOG Master
Hackett was fired because Denver's offense was last in every category that matters ....so naturally Jets hire him as their new Offensive Coordinator 😅

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Hackett was fired because Denver's offense was last in every category that matters ....so naturally Jets hire him as their new Offensive Coordinator 😅
The only defense is some are far better asst coaches. What happened to the coach the Jets had last year?

Heim

EOG Master
The only defense is some are far better asst coaches. What happened to the coach the Jets had last year?

I could only be that. They probably think he can help with Wilson since he was a Qb coach as well. It's interesting how him and his dad have similar paths. Bad head coaches but always in the loop for a assistant's job.

Heim

EOG Master

Looks like Peyton to Denver.

Heim's insiders never disappoint. 🕺