Attention Whoring 101

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Re: Why Do Posters Announce Their Departure From Gambling Websites?

I am planning a pageant at the Jackpot Bingo on Boulder Highway.

Thought it would be at Arizona Charlies....is their a guest list?

And I know the dress code will not be in effect....

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Ouch.

mr merlin

EOG Master

It's called vanity, some people actually think the rest of us come here to read their posts.

ATX

#1. because how else wouldd we know?

#2. ?

never left so htf would I know (ck) ?

Teddy kgb

Banned

The funny thing is 90% of the time the departure lasts less than 1 week.

You know Ray Luca was just staring at his phone and checking his PM's& Email every 5 minutes waiting for Jon Kelly to contact him and ask him back.....He couldn't run back fast enough and then writes a speech about being back.

Never knew you gone Ray, I've been gone longer making a beer run....

Brick

EOG Master

Princess Reyana was supposed to reveal his/her identity after the nba finals...what happened to that?

The X

EOG Dedicated

Princess Reyana was supposed to reveal his/her identity after the nba finals...what happened to that?

Good call. :pop:

Because more often than not, we are not dealing with men. We are dealing with friggin drama queens.

smartymarty

EOG Veteran

Dah, to say good-bye perhaps?

Brick

EOG Master

Bernie, why so many ghosts pal?

Woodrow Wilson

EOG Dedicated

Its dumb and they probably think people will care if they leave.

The RTP Post on ID Requests Just Tempted Me

The RTP Post on ID Requests Just Tempted Me

I had to see if I was permitted at RTP to sign on. Foiled again!

REJECTED! Nope. Not now. I might taint the fantasy written there..

There is this big cornfluffle over there where gamblers object to showing an ID for big bets for the larger-than-the-expected bet. Unless you are Bonnie and Clyde, who cares if you show your ID? (Now if you are Bonnie and Clyde, that's different.)

Trust me. I know the posturing genius of Las Vegas gamblers. They usually owe money. It's pretty much for each Sharp's consumptive self-image in the Las Vegas tribe of Sharps to guide us through the next weekend.

Bagiant

EOG Dedicated
Re: The RTP Post on ID Requests Just Tempted Me

Roughing the Punter another sports gambling site.

The X

EOG Dedicated

If you have such a hard on for that place get youself a proxy and post there. WTF? No one here cares if you're allowed to post there or not.

Thanx for your 3 time a week update on not being able to post there. :cheers

Maybe if you actually posted some plays anywhere people might take you more seriously. Hell even H.T. posted in the EOG 500.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Re: "Lay The Favorite"

From the Charlotte Observer...

FILM REVIEW: Lay the Favourite (15) <!-- Main Editorial Image --><!-- Editorial section left Start -->
Published on Sunday 24 June 2012 18:00

<!--PSTYLE=WINT Web Intro-->If Frank Sinatra was correct and luck be a lady, then she failed to glance in the direction of Stephen Frears’s ham-fisted comic caper.
Based on a colourful memoir by journalist Beth Raymer, Lay The Favourite is the unlikely tale of a free-spirited stripper who discovers her calling in the high stakes world of sports bookmaking.
“As luck would have it, the following story is true,” promises the film during its opening titles sequence.
Evidently, fiction is duller than fact because screenwriter DV DeVincentis struggles to construct a screwball comedy from the promising source material, striking an uneven tone that inspires lacklustre performances from the starry cast.
Rebecca Hall possesses a disarming ditziness as the heroine, who discovers she is good with figures other than her own, while Catherine Zeta Jones is squandered as a forceful wife, who believes that cosmetic surgery is the route to lasting happiness.
Comic timing doesn’t quite click, even when Vince Vaughn enters the fray as a showboating bookmaker, who belittles a rival by quipping, “He is the ‘57 Chevy of gambling. All modesty aside, I’m the Ferrari”.
Alas, Frears’s film is a second-hand banger.
Beth Raymer (Hall) hails from Tallahassee and ekes out an unfulfilling living by shedding her clothes for beer-swilling punters in the privacy of their trailer parks.
“I want good money and a change of scenery. I want to move to Las Vegas and be a cocktail waitress!” Beth excitedly informs her father.
So she packs up her belongings and heads to the bright lights of the Nevada desert where bookmaker Dink Heimowitz (Bruce Willis) introduces her to the thrills and spills of illegal sports gambling.
Beth’s natural aptitude and boundless enthusiasm pique Dink’s interest and she becomes a good luck charm for his co-workers Scott (Wayne Pere) and Frankie (Frank Grillo).
As Dink gravitates towards his flirty protegee, their close-working relationship generates friction with his vampy wife, Tulip (Zeta Jones).
When the tension becomes unbearable, Beth is compelled to seek alternative employment with rival Rosie (Vaughn), who trumpets selfishness and greed.
“People do things for themselves. Being nice is a racket,” he preaches.
Thankfully, a romance with kind-hearted and trusting journalist Jeremy (Joshua Jackson) drags Beth back from the brink of crushing defeat.
Lay The Favourite unfolds at a sluggish pace and lacks charm or belly laughs.
The cast members are clearly working hard to raise even a smile let alone a chuckle and the 93-minute running time feels much longer.
The romantic subplot is hamstring by inert screen chemistry between Hall and Jackson, and the final sting falls flat.
Despite the best efforts of Frears to hustle us into caring about the undernourished characters, the film’s odds of success are extremely long.
By Damon Smith

Why do Las Vegas supposedly sharp gamblers grumble about being asked for their ID?

It goes on everyday, and these guys act like it is the biggest affront to their genius. Bet outside the norm and you get noticed. How hard is that to understand?

"What, my ID? You do realize that I am the great Sharponi don't you?"

It may assuage the ego, but it is so counterproductive to the objective.

fifty cint

EOG Dedicated

Why are you obsessed with thatsite JJ?Lots of curmudgeons over there is my guess.Actually I take that back,4 or 5 curmudgeons,2 or 3 sharps & a few wanna be sharps.Does Cutter still post over there at all?Good dude thats for sure

Oh, for God's sake. I'm dealing with VD who lives in, where, Burma? It's not like he has his pulse on the nation. VD, you are excused

The movie dropped last Friday. Is there any place in Las Vegas yet that I can see this movie remotely about gambling? I can't show up every year at the Sundance Film Festival. My schedule doesn't permit it. I realize that it's a stretch to show a gambling movie in Las Vegas, and I respect those who might take that chance.

I'm cautious, but hopeful about what is portrayed in the film. But I do need the popcorn.

gmenknicks

EOG Dedicated

Very sharp move RTP... Stay strong

WINBET

EOG Dedicated

What a tosser Jeff is, its bad enough having him on the forum, he must be slash your wrists in real life. :shoot: Khakis in a Las Vegas hotel :LMAOthe geezers a nonce. :cheers

Whoson1st

EOG Dedicated

I go to see all sports gambling movies...good bad or indifferent. However, I don't see it playing in this area yet.. A large metro area yet. Is it still playing in most locations?

Mr. Met

EOG Addicted

I go to see all sports gambling movies...good bad or indifferent. However, I don't see it playing in this area yet.. A large metro area yet. Is it still playing in most locations?

i'm the same, would go to see any sports gambling movie irregardless if the reviews were good, bad or ugly. Saw some movie posters for 'Lay the Favorite' when I was in England a couple of weeks ago but no mention of it here in Vegas. Seems like it might go straight to DVD..

dinkenson

EOG Dedicated

it might, depends on how it does overseas first....the people in charge of decisions knew more about tuna fishing on the moon then they did about gambling...more of a weird coming of age movie

DJDalamar

EOG Dedicated

It's a shame with that cast I had assumed it had a good script and would get a big push. Thats a lot of big names for a straight to DVD release.

...about tuna fishing on the moon then they did about gambling...

Now that everyone with a deck of cards in the last few years wrote an instructional book on Texas Hold'em, don't give them any ideas about tuna fishing on the moon advantage play.

it might, depends on how it does overseas first....the people in charge of decisions knew more about tuna fishing on the moon then they did about gambling...more of a weird coming of age movie

Reagardless of the movie's success, Bruce Willis portrayed you in a motion picture. How many people can make that claim?? Pretty awesome if you ask me.

justintalk

EOG Veteran

You had the wrong director.You said he was a nice guy but knew nothing about gambling.John dahl would have been a good pick.

dinkenson

EOG Dedicated

budget constraints, everything rushed, not the nicest guy who put up the money and a tough book to convert into a movie all had a little to do with it....

But you would think that if somebody is willing to pay for star talent the caliber of Willis and Zeta-Jones, somebody had big hopes.

This film-making must be like, well, gambling.

Still want to see it, and not on DVD.

dinkenson

EOG Dedicated

get on the next flight jeff.....good tennis there too....

my life is boring...sitting by a computer looking for the best of it.....hardly movie worthy.....beth gets all the credit for making the book funny and endearing....that was the tone of the movie for about 25 minutes , before they tried to make this exciting...unless your money is on the line and you bet like cursed this business is quite mundane