Anyone have a report on STL/DET

Basically i was wondering how long the starters will be in. I see 1st half for harrington, but don't have anything on bulger.

I just hit up STL OVER 10 for the 1st half pretty big. Seems like a gift to me.

Not always reliable but this is what Feist has:

INFORMATION COURTESY OF WWW.JIMFEIST.COM

MONDAY'S GAME 8/29/05

St. Louis Rams - QB Rotation: Marc Bulger, Jamie Martin, Jeff Smoker, rookie Ryan Fitzpatrick.

It's very possible that many of the Rams starters could play well into the third quarter tonight at Ford Field. "I want us to compete way better than we did a week ago," Martz said. "I think that's what's important about this game. To get our (starters) together. To try to get a little bit of cohesiveness to both units and special teams. Give them a better opportunity from a game-plan standpoint."

With QB Jamie Martin slowed by a nagging groin injury last week, coach Mike Martz decided to rest him against the Chargers and give Jeff Smoker some work as the team's No. 2 quarterback. Smoker was unimpressive, completing one of three passes for 17 yards. Martz said Martin will play this weekend in Detroit.

Martz is not happy with the defense: "There are a lot of defensive positions that aren't safe - probably half of them," he said. "We're not competing on defense like we should or can. I'm not very happy with that. So we'll have to see some sort of change there." Martz wants to see the run defense show marked improvement in Detroit over what took place eight days ago in San Diego. Against the Chargers, the Rams' defense was gouged for 215 yards rushing, including a pair of 55-yard runs. Ryan Pickett will sit out tonight's contest because of a sore back. In addition, tight end Roland Williams will not play after suffering a hyperextended knee against the Chargers.

Secondary thin.

Adam Archuleta is back at strong safety. Martz said, "Adam's probably better down inside than back - particularly in our nickel package. He's such an instinctive and quick read guy in the running game. We miss him being up there."

Offensive line is still a work in progress. Sunday marked rookie OT Alex Barron's debut in a Rams uniform. He played the entire second half, but coach Mike Martz was underwhelmed with Barron's play. "He didn't do very well," Martz said.

The Rams' merry-go-round at left guard continued Friday, when veteran Tom Nutten took the snaps with the first team. On Wednesday, Blaine Saipaia was with the "ones." On Thursday, it was rookie Claude Terrell. Coach Mike Martz said Nutten would start Monday, meaning that four of the five starters from the Super Bowl championship team of 2000 - Nutten, left tackle Orlando Pace, center Andy McCollum and right guard Adam Timmerman - will be lining up together.

Detroit Lions - QB Rotation: Joey Harrington (first half), Jeff Garcia (3rd Q), rookie Dan Orlovsky (4th Q).

Coach Steve Mariucci said his starters will play the first half -- "then we'll decide at halftime who's had enough playing time."

Joey Harrington's performance in the first two exhibition games has removed any doubt that he is the starting quarterback. Jeff Garcia will remain the No. 2 quarterback.

The design work and strategic planning of the Lions' offense is still on the drawing board, and don't expect to see a wide-open attack over the next two preseason games. Even in Monday night's dress rehearsal against the St. Louis Rams, an exhibition game that will come closest to being like the regular season, the offense will be a stripped-down version. The Lions are saving the tricks and gadgets for the regular season.

Defensive line thin: The Lions have three defensive linemen whose status is in doubt for Monday. Tackle Shaun Rogers (shin) and end James Hall (shoulder) have been out of practice all week. It's unlikely they will play without having practiced. Tackle Marcus Bell is recovering from a strained quadriceps.

The Lions have failed to gain a first down on only two possessions in the first two games with Joey Harrington or Jeff Garcia at QB. Harrington cemented his position as the starting QB by completing 14 of 15 passes, but he has yet to lead the offense to a touchdown. There hasn't been a touchdown in the red zone with anyone at quarterback.

Fullback Cory Schlesinger is out six to eight weeks with a fractured fibula.

Ted Tollner is the new offensive coordinator.

honest abe

EOG Member
from don best:

<!--StartFragment -->

ST. LOUIS -The Democrat reports -Quarterback Marc Bulger expects to see his most extensive action of the preseason when theSt. Louis Rams play the Detroit Lions. "I'd assume three quarters," Bulger said of his playing time against the Lions. "In the third game, you usually get your most playing time, especially in a short week. You don'twant to have to play much on Friday."DETROIT -The Detroit News reports -Quarterback Joey Harrington is scheduled to play at least the first half.Healthy starters will play at least a half against the Rams. Coach Steve Mariucci hasn't told the starters if they will come back after halftime tostart the third quarter.</PRE>

Thanks for the info guys, seems like i can be comfortable with the situation now.

Seems like a toss up to me jimmy, both teams are terrible on D and have above average offenses. I would be over for the game if it was a regular season game. GL

Cee.. Just can't see much justification for all the Lions hype out there. Yes, the division has somewhat come back to them as far as a possible weak playoff run. However, it's not clear to me what has moved the opinion on the Lions higher than it was at the end of last year. Draft picks, promises, potential and all that off-season hot air might get the local fans whipped-up enough to think about buying tickets but it doesn't necessarialy win games.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
A few casual observations. The Lions are treating this like a regular season game, not the full playbook, but way past the first two let's get the reps in games. Harrington has 1 incompletion in the preseason, he is on. But with a couple of series, he never got a TD. Look for him to play into the third. Garcia has been a total fem. Nothing new but I think 2 or 3 picks in the red zone. He has got to make better decisions down there. Mooch is looking bad for getting him from Cleve discard pile. Both QB's working on red zone all week long. Mooch wants the scoring, at home tonight in this dress rehersal.

Lions were on MNF when? Barry Sanders? I can't remember. It is soldout, was soldout early. They will also unveil the new Black jerseys. Very good vibes around the camp, especially the depth at WR and RB. They are going to eat clock next game, so starters will give the fans some long minutes, and big plays if possible.

Rams looked like Keystone cops last week, gave up score after score, big runs, wide open receivers. Normally you focus on stopping something, they stopped nothing. Bad gameday coach Martz says now many positions are open, and he wants a cohesive unit on D. The problems they have cannot be fixed in a week. They still can score, run the greatest show on Earth, but the defense is years behind the offense. I ventured in on the over 43. The Lions offense has moved the ball very well. Just tightened up at the goal line, or turned it over, Jeff. These standalone preseason games have been overs. And selling out the Motowndome is no small feat. Look for the Lions, especially Harrington to get some scores tonight.

Best Wishes...OF:+waving-5

Jimmy Hoffa said:
Cee.. Just can't see much justification for all the Lions hype out there. Yes, the division has somewhat come back to them as far as a possible weak playoff run. However, it's not clear to me what has moved the opinion on the Lions higher than it was at the end of last year. Draft picks, promises, potential and all that off-season hot air might get the local fans whipped-up enough to think about buying tickets but it doesn't necessarialy win games.

Yeah, i know what u mean. I agree, i think they will be a bit better on offense. But the defense is gonna be the same as last yr. Which is very bad lol. I think the lions are pretty exciting to watch tho, with all the young talent on offense. So i would think they'd be fun to see. But like u said , good offense doesnt necessarily win games alone.

OMNIVOROUS FROG said:
A few casual observations. The Lions are treating this like a regular season game, not the full playbook, but way past the first two let's get the reps in games. Harrington has 1 incompletion in the preseason, he is on. But with a couple of series, he never got a TD. Look for him to play into the third. Garcia has been a total fem. Nothing new but I think 2 or 3 picks in the red zone. He has got to make better decisions down there. Mooch is looking bad for getting him from Cleve discard pile. Both QB's working on red zone all week long. Mooch wants the scoring, at home tonight in this dress rehersal.

Lions were on MNF when? Barry Sanders? I can't remember. It is soldout, was soldout early. They will also unveil the new Black jerseys. Very good vibes around the camp, especially the depth at WR and RB. They are going to eat clock next game, so starters will give the fans some long minutes, and big plays if possible.

Rams looked like Keystone cops last week, gave up score after score, big runs, wide open receivers. Normally you focus on stopping something, they stopped nothing. Bad gameday coach Martz says now many positions are open, and he wants a cohesive unit on D. The problems they have cannot be fixed in a week. They still can score, run the greatest show on Earth, but the defense is years behind the offense. I ventured in on the over 43. The Lions offense has moved the ball very well. Just tightened up at the goal line, or turned it over, Jeff. These standalone preseason games have been overs. And selling out the Motowndome is no small feat. Look for the Lions, especially Harrington to get some scores tonight.

I would be on the same thing if it were a regular season game. So i added over 21.5 instead. Hopefully the game end 35-31 and we sail off into the sunset. GL frogman

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
Yes, I shopped for 1H when getting the 43. Was 21 1/2 -.15 avg. To me that is a 4 score or Abe Lincoln number. I refrained and went for the game totals with hope of getting some back on public run. 46 looks available, might even buy up. Still keeping med on over. Good luck, cee, if you win my table is set.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
Great call Cee as the 1H over cashed, and Jimmy Da Rams are looking sweet. My over is hedgible, so I am getting un20-cheapest. Still holding on to over, but insured and hedged. Desirable 2H numbers 16,17,18,19, and 20. I like that range. Let's hope for a middle.

They are betting Detroit heavy 2H for home comeback. A bit skeptical with O line troubles tonight and Garcia fembot throwing balls up for grabs as of late.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
Late score wrecked 12 units earn. Oh well, had some live numbers and earned on the over. I think we all won, you gotta like that. Good call on Rams, the mooch should be ashamed. No wonder they never get on MNF. They can't even compete in a preseason game. This team is in trouble. Great job everyone...

Cigar, 1 glass of wine, jacuzzi and a rubdown. Gentlemen, we almost nailed a big one.

Good all around FROG. Agree Lions are in trouble and the Rams look READY.

NCAA lines starting to get in motion... Got Georgia -7 +100 on 8/15. Sevens getting expensive now and some books at 7 1/2. Public will move this one higher.

OMNIVOROUS FROG said:
Yes, I shopped for 1H when getting the 43. Was 21 1/2 -.15 avg. To me that is a 4 score or Abe Lincoln number. I refrained and went for the game totals with hope of getting some back on public run. 46 looks available, might even buy up. Still keeping med on over. Good luck, cee, if you win my table is set.

Nice to be winnahs with ya frog! Glad we could cash in some dough b4 the season kicks off

:+excited-

Jimmy Hoffa said:
Still like the Rams in this one General. Small plays +4 -112 and ML +163.

Been wrong before...

Nice and easy wins for both of us. I love these games where we don't hafta sweat anything out LOL.