2023 MLB

Valuist

EOG Master
Acuna or Seager? By WAR, Acuna had the better year (8.3 to 6.1). But Seager plays a much tougher position. And he's shining on the biggest stage. Take Ohtani out of the equation and Seager easily wins AP MVP.

kane

EOG master
Okay, you must have thought it was for the regular season, my Seager future is for the series

kane

EOG master
The Snakes playoff run reminded me of the Heat's playoff run, the underdogs who beat all the big guys, but finally lost to a superior team

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
White Sox not picking up the options on Tim Anderson and Liam Hendricks. Mike Clevenger also choosing to be a FA.

Valuist

EOG Master
I posted about Votto in another thread but certainly not a surprise they didn't keep him, on one hand It would be cool if he retired a Red, but if he thinks he has another year maybe two left, I'd like him to go someplace where he can fill in at first and also DH, I can't see him being an everyday player anymore, but I think he can help a contender. Cubs lose Stroman but gain Nola, that's if you believe all the rumors flying around, even though I think he's a bit overrated, he's still a pretty good pitcher

Interesting. I hadn't heard the rumors on Nola, but I like it.

I agree its a good time to go after Anderson, who had been very consistent until this year. I wonder if there was an injury we were not aware of. The guy was a .300 hitter every year. Last year? .245 and only 1 HR.

1699129879002.png

Valuist

EOG Master
It's hard to understand why some guys have bad years, look at Castellanos last year compared to what he did prior and what he did this year, Bellinger goes from MVP to forgetting how to hit, then a change of scenery and he's back to his old self

In Bellinger's case, a lot of it was injuries. But he did cut down considerably on strikeouts. I was surprise to see how often he took a pitch to LF. I used to think of him as an all or nothing slugger.

As for Nola, I'm guessing St Louis will be life and death to go after him. Their starting pitching was a hot mess.

Crazy Pete

EOG Addicted
Be careful what you wish for- Tim Anderson is a locker room cancer. He’s a prick, always getting into fights, such as the above post. Similar to Milton Bradley. Or, dating myself, batting champion Alex Johnson of the Angels in the 70s.
Maybe Anderson is worth the hassle if he wins another batting title. But after a bad year, injuries, bad luggage and getting past his prime, I would definitely consider him -EV.
Marlins fans should 🤞 that they do NOT get him.

Heim

EOG Master
Be careful what you wish for- Tim Anderson is a locker room cancer. He’s a prick, always getting into fights, such as the above post. Similar to Milton Bradley. Or, dating myself, batting champion Alex Johnson of the Angels in the 70s.
Maybe Anderson is worth the hassle if he wins another batting title. But after a bad year, injuries, bad luggage and getting past his prime, I would definitely consider him -EV.

Wow, a Alex Johnson mention. Let's hope Anderson doesn't pull a gun on someone in the clubhouse like Alex.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
It really unraveled for TA after the baby-mama drama got on social media.

I remember the Alex Johnson story. I think he pulled the gun on Chico Ruiz.

Valuist

EOG Master

Anderson wasn't the problem with the White Sox. He's only viewed as a "cancer" because he was the only guy who gave a shit.

Valuist

EOG Master
Counsell in, Ross out for the Cubs.

Steven Vogt gets the Cleveland job. Interesting hire. No experience but catchers often make good managers as they have a better understanding of pitching staffs than other position players. And of course they understand hitting better than a former pitcher.

Valuist

EOG Master
A 5 for 1 trade to get Aaron Bummer? I don't get it unless Atlanta feels Soroka is 100% done. And Nicky Lopez thrown in there as well.

Heim

EOG Master
The Padres let 9 pitchers go today cutting 78 million from the payroll.

Only 2 remaining are Darvish and Musgrove.

Valuist

EOG Master
Speaking of the Padres, they traded for Eugenio Suarez today.

22 home runs is not nearly enough to offset (league leading) 214 strikeouts.