2022 MLB

Valuist

EOG Master
Either Philly or pass for me today. Morton has always had a big home/road split. Career 3.46 at home, 4.65 on road. This year, its even bigger: 3.05 home, 5.72 on road. And check out those last 5 starts; 4 of them poor. How could one lay -130 with them today?

1665854217598.png

Ray Luca

EOG Master
Either Philly or pass for me today. Morton has always had a big home/road split. Career 3.46 at home, 4.65 on road. This year, its even bigger: 3.05 home, 5.72 on road. And check out those last 5 starts; 4 of them poor. How could one lay -130 with them today?

View attachment 7467293

Thor only issue. Mental trouble in big games...otherwise its a Philly tap out bet

Valuist

EOG Master
You know the launch angle nonsense has gone too far when you see a guy with 50 career regular season ABs in MLB trying to uppercut Garrett Cole fastballs. How did it work out? A 3 pitch strikeout.

kane

EOG master
You know the launch angle nonsense has gone too far when you see a guy with 50 career regular season ABs in MLB trying to uppercut Garrett Cole fastballs. How did it work out? A 3 pitch strikeout.
I didn't see it that way, what I saw was a kid in the biggest spot of his career who was overwhelmed, Cole threw three high fastballs right by him, he was so overmatched that Cole didn't even bother to waste one, he just went right at him with high heat and he couldn't catch up

Valuist

EOG Master
I didn't see it that way, what I saw was a kid in the biggest spot of his career who was overwhelmed, Cole threw three high fastballs right by him, he was so overmatched that Cole didn't even bother to waste one, he just went right at him with high heat and he couldn't catch up

Exactly right they were high fastballs. 98 mph fastballs in upper part of the zone. A hitter isn't going to be able to catch up to that by trying to launch. He needs to see the approach Kwan takes. Kwan is a rookie too but already one of the smartest players in MLB.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I have to think everyone is available today on Cleveland staff...

Should be fantastic drama.

Baseball may finally have it right with its postseason format.

I like seven games for the LCS and World Series, five games for the divisional playoffs and three games for the wild-card round.

One slight tweak: I'd like to see the lower-seeded wild-card team get a home game, maybe Game 1 in the Best-of-3.

Heim

EOG Master
The Padres remind me a lot of the 2002 Angels, as a wild card. got hot at the right time.

They don't figure in the adjusted standings or Pythagorean raw numbers, but I get
the feeling they win it all.

Ray Luca

EOG Master
The Padres remind me a lot of the 2002 Angels, as a wild card. got hot at the right time.

They don't figure in the adjusted standings or Pythagorean raw numbers, but I get
the feeling they win it all.

Can say same for Phillies.

Beware of teams back from the dead

Heim

EOG Master
Maybe one of the worst situational spots I've seen in playoffs. A team (NYY) closes out opponent, small celebration, then off to Houston. I'm sure some of that was built in the price.