2022 death pool

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Sad to hear this, when I was a kid the Islanders were my team, Bossy was a sniper, they had some great teams and won the Cup four straight years
Lung cancer. I think he’s in hospice now. There was a lot of chatter on Twitter that he died yesterday. Islanders ended the Habs dynasty. I’m with you Kane, loved Bossy.

Crazy Pete

EOG Addicted
On the Mount Rushmore of music, there’s the Beatles, Rolling Stones, Pavarotti...and C.W. McCall.
OK, maybe I’m exaggerating a little bit, but here’s a link to one of a series of commercials he did before his classic Convoy.

Bill Fries (aka CW McCall) died yesterday at 93.
He’s going to crash St. Peter’s Gate doing 98.
Let them truckers roll ,10-4!

Crazy Pete

EOG Addicted
Renee Pussaint, Washington DC tv news & 20/20 reporter, died at 77.
Here’s her infamous connection to the world of sports:

Back in 1980, I was a computer programmer in Washington DC.
I was following the US hockey team like everyone else in the country on the day of their famous semifinal game vs the USSR, but amazingly, the game was not shown live, it was tape delayed 🙄.
So, I spent that afternoon avoiding any references to any live information on the radio or TV (pre-Internet for you millennials).
Watching the tape delayed game in the third quarter, with the score tied, there was a break in the action, & commercials were played. I didn’t bother turning the sound off because obviously they wouldn’t leak any hockey results...

After the commercials, Renee Poussaint comes on with a 5 second news tease...
“And in the news , the USA hockey team beat the Russians! Details after the game!”

I went absolutely livid, yelling and cussing at her to a degree that would cost me about 1000 years in politically incorrect jail nowadays👿.
I mean , seriously, how can somebody be that stupid?!?
What on earth was she thinking?!?

Rockfish

EOG Addicted
On the Mount Rushmore of music, there’s the Beatles, Rolling Stones, Pavarotti...and C.W. McCall.
OK, maybe I’m exaggerating a little bit, but here’s a link to one of a series of commercials he did before his classic Convoy.

Bill Fries (aka CW McCall) died yesterday at 93.
He’s going to crash St. Peter’s Gate doing 98.
Let them truckers roll ,10-4!
After watching that video, tell me old CW didn't get at least a blow job in the back room. Maybe even more.

Crazy Pete

EOG Addicted
Rayfield Wright
NFL Hall of Famer
5 Super Bowls, 2 rings.

There’s always a lot of sappy tributes when anyone dies, but the tributes I read for him sounded extremely sincere & compelling.
He sounds like a Hall of Famer on the field AND off the field

Neveragain

EOG Dedicated
RIP NHL 1970’s superstar Mike Bossy, just 65, from lung cancer.
Best shooter of his era (closely followed by Steve Shutt)

Fun fact.
Never thought about it or expected it at the time, but Bossy, from Montreal, was fluently bilingual.

JHU Dad

EOG Dedicated
I would see him at the Coliseum quite often. His English was perfect. You’d never know that French was his native language. He was a little more reserved than Trottier or Gillies, but a really good guy.

Crazy Pete

EOG Addicted
Darryl Lamonica was a HUGE name in the late 60’s.
2-time MVP
Very few Super Bowl starting quarterbacks have died, almost all have been from the 1960’s, from old age,
Add Daryle to that list.

Non 1960’s- Kenny Stabler from 1976, Miami dolphin quarterback from 1982 (forget his name), Steve McNair from 1999 (murdered). Maybe one or two I forgot.

The Mad Bomber

Daryle Lamonica was a star quarterback for Notre Dame who was drafted by the Buffalo Bills of the American Football League in 1963. He was mostly a back-up with the Bills behind starter Jack Kemp. He was traded to the Oakland Raiders before the 1967 season and became a star quarterback. He was the AFL MVP in 1967 and 1969 and led the team to the AFL championship title in 1967 which earned them a spot in Super Bowl II against the Packers. The Packers behind Bart Starr beat the Raiders 33-14. Lamonica had a strong arm and liked to throw long passes which led iconic announcer Howard Cosell to nickname him “The Mad Bomber.” He retired from the NFL afte

Rockfish

EOG Addicted
Lamonica led the Raiders in that incredible late in the game come back against the Jets in the famous "Heidi Game".

railbird

EOG Master
Dede Robertson from the 700 club dies at 94, use to watch 700 club in bed in vegad when i stayed at ballys for 2 months back in 1993

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
RIP NHL 1970’s superstar Mike Bossy, just 65, from lung cancer.
Best shooter of his era (closely followed by Steve Shutt)

Fun fact.
Never thought about it or expected it at the time, but Bossy, from Montreal, was fluently bilingual.
He worked on the TVA channel in Montreal on Canadiens games (French channel). Sucks that Guy Lafleur passed also from smoking. The two best scorers in the 70’s not named Esposito.