NHL 2022-2023

Neveragain

EOG Dedicated
Was surprised to learn Vegas ice is considered 4th best in the NHL despite the Vegas heat.
Temps in the Valley will reach 99 degrees this week.
I Would have expected the ice to be effected but I guess it’s no problem.
Evidently they have had a Canadian from Ottawa in charge of the ice and zamboni.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Was surprised to learn Vegas ice is considered 4th best in the NHL despite the Vegas heat.
Temps in the Valley will reach 99 degrees this week.
I Would have expected the ice to be effected but I guess it’s no problem.
Evidently they have had a Canadian from Ottawa in charge of the ice and zamboni.
The heat is one thing, but Vegas doesn’t get the humidity. I think that is just as bad.

kane

EOG master
The variance and randomness in hockey is pretty crazy, the Canes pretty much dominated last night's game, after the first period the Panthers only had I think 7 SOG, which is ridiculous, but Bob is playing like the best goalie in the world right now and he's been the difference the whole series, the Panthers are up 3-0, but could just as easily be down 3-0, and they lost Barkov, don't know how serious, but if he's out that's a huge blow to them

kane

EOG master
The Panthers are 12-4 in the playoffs, they've been outshot in 14 of the 16 games, the variance in hockey is unlike any other sport

Neveragain

EOG Dedicated
I’ve done some research going back to the NHL finals since 2010.
The record for totals under 5.5 is the following:

Game 4 8-5
Game 5 9-4
Game 6 6-3
Game 7 2-0

I see this season as no different.
Games 1-3 can be volatile but when they begin to play disciplined defensive hockey after game 3 nobody scores.

Neveragain

EOG Dedicated
You have to take Florida in the final.

Consider the road to the final by Vegas.
Winnipeg, Edmonton, and Dallas.

Winnipeg was arguably the weakest of all playoff teams.
Edmonton lacked defence, discipline, and goaltending.
Dallas had breakdowns in goaltending and the team completely collapsed halfway through game 6.

Next, look at the road travelled by Florida.
Boston in 7, Leafs in 5, Canes in 4.

Bruins setting records for regular season wins and points and Presidents trophy.
Leafs breaking the perennial playoff powerhouse Tampa Bay with superstar goaltender Vasilevsky.
Canes with a defensive system honed to be the best over several seasons now, tossed in 4 straight.

There’s no doubt that Florida has demonstrated a clear and proven edge.
There’s money to be made.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
I do fear Panthers with the lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng layoff.

Really like the Golden Showers -0.5 +177 in 1P.

kane

EOG master
Who do we like in the finals boys?

Vegas or the Tkachuks?
Like Never posted, the Panthers have been the more impressive team in the playoffs, and Bob has been on fire, but coming off this long a layoff I don't know if he'll play the same, really tough series for me to cap, gun to my head I'll say the Fighting Tkachuks get it done, but I post this will very little confidence

kane

EOG master
I have no idea what to make of this series, these teams are about as evenly matched as you'll get in a finals, I'm expecting a close series that gets decided by a bounce or two either way

kane

EOG master
What are the hockey gurus playing tonight in game 1?
Normally I would look to play the FP Under, it's game one and both teams might come out a bit nervous, playing a little cautious not wanting to make a big mistake early, two teams feeling each other out, but with such a long layoff for Bob, I don't know how sharp he'll be, especially in the early going, so I can't take the chance he's a bit rusty at the start

Neveragain

EOG Dedicated
Series prices from pinnacle has VGK -237 and Panthers +205
Game 2 goes Monday 8:00 p.m. Pinnacle prices, VGK -136 , Fla +121

Too many penalties (7) by Florida last night.
As Paul Maurice noted, “we also lost game 1 to Boston”.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Game 2

Vegas -138
Vegas -1.5 +172
Fan Dual

Sadly I think you are right.

I am cringing at the thought of the Golden Showers winning the Cup because they have the most obnoxious "fans" outside of Dallass and knowing how intolerable these annoying fucks are gonna be if they win the Cup makes me wanna vomit but I am getting ready for it.

Bushay

NHL Expert
Tkachuk with another impactful play with the Eichel hit. Could potentially be series changing. Will be an interesting 3rd period. Eichel looked hurt. He was wincing from that hit and went right to the room.

Neveragain

EOG Dedicated
Just a few observations from game 2.

Blocked shots by Vegas 20 and by Florida 11.
This is a skill than can be taught, and VGK is showing they have a clear edge.

Bob is 34.
Bob was pulled after allowing 4 goals last night putting the game out of reach for the Panthers.
Is it possible you can build up more rust at age 34 than age 24 from a 10 day layoff?

Vegas has a clear edge in size on defence.
Hague 6-6 230; Martinez 6-1 210; Mcnabb 6-4 215; Pieterangelo 6-3 215; Theodore 6-2 197; Whitecloud 6-2 207

Florida Blue Line is much smaller.
Ekblad 6-4 215; Forsling 6-0 186; Guadas 6-0 208; Montour 6-0 194; Fitzgerald 5-11 188; Mahura 6-0 185
M Stall 6-4 208 (minus points for being 36 years old)

Optimistic quote from Coach Paul Maurice today: “I think our best hockey is still ahead of us.”
The lack of discipline on Florida is disappointing and their coach is largely to blame.

Pinnacle updated series prices VGK -530 FLA +426.
The fat lady is warming up...

Bushay

NHL Expert
Most of all that is meaningless. Vegas is in Florida's heads and they not only solved but sent Bobrovsky to the bench. And I don't see things changing much. They went after the Knight's best player and as Omar said....."You come at the King, you best not miss"!
We'll they missed
And Eichel came out for the 3rd and instantly made his presence felt.
The Panthers are now in survival mode hacking and whacking and taking cheap shots, but has not rattled this team.
Vegas knows they are desperate and if they don't retaliate, this could very well be over in 4.
Vegas 3rd pairing D are just as effective as their 1st pairing.
They are big, deep, onary and can already taste drinking from the cup.
And now they turned the tables on the Panthers as they have yet to solve Adain Hill.
I'm playing with their money now. Let's go for it.

Vegas +102
Vegas -1.5 +240
Fan Dual

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
I will be backing the home team here -120ish and Un6

THIS one sure looks like a 3-2 kind of game