Are the top 5 players in the NBA perimeter players??

roach23

Banned
HELL NO.

Duncan is the best player in the league.

And if i was building a team...i'd take Amare over Nash & Kobe.

MadCapper<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_250629", true); </SCRIPT> .......... THATS A PRETTY GOOD LIST.....BUT IM SURE THERE WILL BE SOME ARGUMENTS FOR SHAQ MAYBEE DUNCAN?:cheers

C: Shaquille O'Neal
PF: Tim Duncan
SF: Ron Artest
SG: Lebron James
PG: Jason Kidd

That would be my dream team. If I could take any 5 players, those would be the ones.

MCP

jake, one problem with your dream team I see is that all you have to do against that team is pack the middle.. you dont have a great outside shooter... kidd , james, and artest can hit the 3...but not at a great %

railbird2

EOG Senior Member
C Shaq
F Artest
F Bowen
g Nash
g James

bench

Ginobli
Parker
Belser
Ming
Duncan
Brand
R. Bell

Coaches

Bruce Pearl
Scott Skiles

MCP said:
jake, one problem with your dream team I see is that all you have to do against that team is pack the middle.. you dont have a great outside shooter... kidd , james, and artest can hit the 3...but not at a great %

Very true. Great point... I totally spaced that part.

Instead of Kidd, put in Chauncey Billups. I like this D better anyway.

railbird said:
C Shaq
F Artest
F Bowen
g Nash
g James

bench

Ginobli
Parker
Belser
Ming
Duncan
Brand
R. Bell

Coaches

Bruce Pearl
Scott Skiles

It's not often I agree with Rail, but I'm glad someone else sees that Artest is one of the top 5 players in the game.

Most folks are too into the offensive side of things and highlights etc etc that they don't realize that defense wins games.

Artest is one of the best defenders, if not the best, and he is also above average offensively. Great player.

roach23

Banned
jakethompson said:
It's not often I agree with Rail, but I'm glad someone else sees that Artest is one of the top 5 players in the game.

Most folks are too into the offensive side of things and highlights etc etc that they don't realize that defense wins games.

Artest is one of the best defenders, if not the best, and he is also above average offensively. Great player.

You agree with Bruce Bowen over Duncan? C'mon, be serious here.

roach23 said:
You agree with Bruce Bowen over Duncan? C'mon, be serious here.

If I only had to pick one to start a team, it would obviously be Duncan. I put Duncan in my starting five.

However, I could also make a case for Rail's picks with Bowen over Duncan. Defense wins in the playoffs and you can't have a team full of scorers (Knicks, cough, Knicks). You need a star or two and a bunch of hard-nosed teammates who do the little things (defense, rebounding, not turning it over).

Since Rail already had scoring, he went with D. Nothing wrong with it really...

roach23 said:
HELL NO.

Duncan is the best player in the league.

And if i was building a team...i'd take Amare over Nash & Kobe.

Amare is the MAN

One who may move into the Top-5 next year is Dwight Howard.

mofome

Banned
roach23 said:
Taking anybody over Duncan is foolish.

:+clueless

ok there, settle down. i would take a few people over duncan and be very happy. if im starting my team today...

Kobe
James
Bosh
Arenas
Brand
Wade
Dirk

Romanowski said:
No Wade.....crazy, he is in top 5

Duncan is old and tired

I wasn't too impressed with him in the Bulls series. Hinrich shut him down for long stretches of that series. He is no better than Arenas. Wade really needs a healthy Shaq to be effective.

mofome

Banned
Jagermeister said:
I wasn't too impressed with him in the Bulls series. Hinrich shut him down for long stretches of that series. He is no better than Arenas. Wade really needs a healthy Shaq to be effective.

arenas is amazing...not bad

roach23 said:
Duncan is what?? 29-31??

And people are naming Shaq?? give me a break.

I wouldnt put Shaq in the top 5 either

not making a top 5 postions

Wade
Lebron
Bosh
Kobe
Brand
Artest

Bowen LMAO most overrated player in the NBA

mofome said:
arenas is amazing...not bad

I tried to make it sound like it wasn't. I think Wade and Arenas are Top-15 players. I would rather have GA, right now. In three years Wade will probably outplay him.

Nice call on Bosh.

mofome

Banned
i think Arenas is getting better, is faster and shotts the 3 better....while wade plays better d and uses the post better. Arenas also gets to the line more. I think arenas has more upside and will be the better player. if arenas had an inside presence like shaq and didnt have to bring the ball up ...he could do more i think. i would love to have either tho

:cheers

mofome

Banned
Romanowski said:
im an Arizona Wildcat fan, so much respect to Arenas

but the kid has nowhere near the upside nor physical ability Wade has

thats a weird thing to say...nowhere near? how? hes faster, gets to the line more, and has a better 3 point shot already...

u change teams and wade isnt better than arenas IMO. Gilbert is the hardest working player in the league...he will be a top 5 player in the next couple years and if he ever gets a post presnece that people sag in on...he will be ridiculous.

Arenas doesn't have the inside presence to take the heat off of him. Wade needs Shaq to open up the outside. That is the biggest difference. Wade also fell in love with the outside shot inthe Bulls series.

Bettor days

EOG Dedicated
When the best defensive team in the NBA cant find a way to stop Wade i think that says something. I know im biased but everyone that says that he cant do anything without Shaq keeps forgetting he was a pivotal part in the Heat almost knocking the Pacers out of the playoffs in his rookie yr w/o Shaq. I think Shaq helps alot but he would also be great in a run and gun offense as well.

Bettor days said:
When the best defensive team in the NBA cant find a way to stop Wade i think that says something. I know im biased but everyone that says that he cant do anything without Shaq keeps forgetting he was a pivotal part in the Heat almost knocking the Pacers out of the playoffs in his rookie yr w/o Shaq. I think Shaq helps alot but he would also be great in a run and gun offense as well.

Hinrich defended him better than anyone I have seen all year. Now that Shaq is better, they will be a tough out.

For the record, the Bulls had the best FG defense for the last two years.

mofome said:
i think Arenas is getting better, is faster and shotts the 3 better....while wade plays better d and uses the post better. Arenas also gets to the line more. I think arenas has more upside and will be the better player. if arenas had an inside presence like shaq and didnt have to bring the ball up ...he could do more i think. i would love to have either tho

:cheers

Good player, but obviously an asshole.

MIAMI BEACH, Fla. ? Washington Wizards guard Gilbert Arenas and forward Awvee Storey have been arrested on charges of disobeying police.

Storey was blocking traffic in the middle of a busy street when an officer told him to get back to the sidewalk Saturday night, according to police reports. Storey didn't get out of the street, and the officer arrested him and charged him with failure to obey a command.

While police were arresting Storey, Arenas got out of a vehicle and walked toward the arresting officers. According to reports, an officer told Arenas to get back in his vehicle, but he refused, saying he wanted to stand next to his teammate. The officer took Arenas into custody and charged him with resisting without violence.

As Arenas was being arrested, according to reports, he said, "You can't arrest me. I'm a basketball player. I play for the Washington Wizards, and I'm not going to leave my teammate."

mofome

Banned
you, clearly, know nothing about him. he didnt think what Storey di was wrong and he stood by him. maybe he didnt use great judgement but he could have been laughing when he said that. there is no one that knows him that doesnt think he is a great person. im guessing ALL of us have done Much worse in our lives. he stood by his teamate, so what? he gives Tons to charity, works here in the community all the time and is a pleasure and class act all the way.

you are mistaken

Lawrence

EOG Dedicated
when Wade get's a 3-point shot, and plays d a little better, he will be the class of the league....do not forget as a rookie without Shaq, he almost carried his team to the eastern finals

hroberts

EOG Veteran
MY TOP 5
KOBE
Lebron
Garnett
Nash
Duncan
Honorable Mentions
Dirk
Shaq
J Kidd
Vince Carter
A. I.

Anyone without KG in the top five is trippin. Just look at his stats.

Lawrence

EOG Dedicated
would rather have Wade on my team than VC any day of the week, and not just because I am a Heat fan, or because he is shooting 69% while averaging 30 ppg in a series against what was supposed to be the best team in the league..either way, I think history will give him his props, since nobody else will