question regarding line movement in college baskets

The_Man

EOG Senior Member
I've been noticing that when favorites move up a point that the money line dog will drop. One would think that as the favorite rises, the dog on the money line would rise also.

+7 ML+330
-7 ML -400

+8 ML+300
-8 ML-370

Why?

I belive money line has nothing to do with the spread line sometimes. I see it all the time in deferent sports book when I'm comparing lines. Some shops has more money on the favorite, so the favorite's money line is higher. Other books has more money on the dog, so the Favorite is lower. And when they adjust the spread, they might not move the money line right away or not move it at all, specially on College basketball, I notice it there alot.

Bucky

EOG Dedicated
It looks like the book wants the favorite money line bet. It is no different than a player having dog +7 +110 for 5K and moneyline dog +370 for 2k. Looks like a good bet.

As Loman said they are independent bets. Take a look at Super Bowls and match that up with charts lining up spread with ML. You'll notice that it's abnormal.

Sammy said:
I've been noticing that when favorites move up a point that the money line dog will drop. One would think that as the favorite rises, the dog on the money line would rise also.

+7 ML+330
-7 ML -400

+8 ML+300
-8 ML-370

Why?

Sammy,

You will find more often than not, that you will receive more back taking an 8 point Doggie on the ML...

Also, a 7 point DOG with a TOTAL at 120 is quite different that a 7 point doggie with a total of 160...

THE SHRINK

rainbow

EOG Master
Sammy said:

+7 ML+330
-7 ML -400

+8 ML+300
-8 ML-370

Why?
What book would use -400 +330 with the line -7 ? I dont know one book in the world that lowers the ML when someone bets the favorite, and also look real close whenever you see the line -7 I dont think you will see it that high.