Graham out at Pitt.

tripp

EOG Master
Re: Graham out at Pitt.

Ironic that Graham is taking the job at ASU after it was June Jones initially taking it, with Pitt facing June Jones and SMU in their bowl game.

Apple

Banned

I hope June Jones calls a bunch of trick plays and uses every play in the playbook out on Pitt now.. :LMAO

Heim

EOG Master

At times it was painful watching him trying to mold players who were recruited
to run the pro style offense of the previous coaching staff into a no-huddle spread...

O'Royken

EOG Dedicated

I wish someone would come in with an ATS bowl record for teams playing with interim coaches.

Just seems like a 50/50 angle.

:+clueless

Heim

EOG Master

I wish someone would come in with an ATS bowl record for teams playing with interim coaches.

Just seems like a 50/50 angle.

:+clueless

Since 2003:

• New head coaches have a straight up bowl win loss record of 7-8. Bowl games are designed to be close matchups, and these guys are often taking over because the old coach got fired, so that 7-8 straight up record doesn’t seem bad at all.
  • New head coaches are 8-6-1 against the spread in bowl games. Though it’s by a slim margin, these new bowl game coaches actually have a winning record against the spread. It’s definitely not a large enough edge to conclude that new coaches are a good bet, but it does show that there’s no reason to avoid betting on them as a rule.
  • Games involving new coaches have gone Over the total 10 times, and Under only 5 times. This is still a small sample size, so don’t take it as a given that it will continue. But if it is real, what might cause it? Perhaps teams with new coaches make a few more mistakes than normal. A single mistake on the defensive end can lead to a touchdown, while a single mistake on offense usually leaves a team with a chance or two to make up for it.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Jesus, what a douche bag this guy is. Pitt told him he wasn't allowed to talk to Arizona State, he did it anyway, and then informed the AD that he was leaving via text message. He also never informed any of the players - he claimed he sent out an E-Mail but several players said on twitter today that he never told them shit. Talk about a piece of shit.

tripp

EOG Master

Isn't his son on the team also? I thought he was just a juinor and is coming back to Pitt next year, but maybe im wrong and he's a Senior

Heim

EOG Master

Why is it a bad hire?....Erickson was using a no-huddle spread this year with Osweiler. He's
coming back as are his receivers...horrific hire for Pitt. They should consider it a blessing.