I am getting tired of hearing people complain about the $5 per month debit card fee!

PO69

EOG Master
I mean come on, it is only $5 per month! Most of you guys spend $3000-5000 per month on your debit card! What is $5 going to do to you?? Fucking nothing! That is the cost of a kids meal at most restaurants.

If you are reallly worried about the fee. Then just get a credit union account. Credit Unions charge no fees, they have debit card rewards programs and most importantly they sponsor many local youth sports leagues as well as local charities.

What do those big banks do for your local charities or sports organizations? Usually they dont do anything​

diogee

Verly isnt going anywhere
Re: I am getting tired of hearing people complain about the $5 per month debit card fee!

Fuck that. I'm not paying 60 bucks a year to use my debit card if my bank ever goes to it. Waste of money and I don't spend near 5k per month on my debit card.

DefenseWins

EOG Veteran
Re: I am getting tired of hearing people complain about the $5 per month debit card fee!

I have a credit union but not everybody has that option. While $60 a year may not break you its the principle. If they can get away with $5 a month they will surely continue to raise the prices.

Mammon

EOG Master

If you paid me 5$ a month Pos69 we would be getting somewhere.

pvcpipe

EOG Master

it's fucking ridiculous.

mr merlin

EOG Master

If $5 a month($60 a year) is nothing, please send me 50 bucks...that's less than nothing.

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Imagine the e-mails Winky must be sending the banks about this one.

unluckysob

EOG Dedicated

what the fuck happened to cash? people seem afraid to cary a five dollar bill on them.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

First of all, why would anyone spend 5k on their debit card every month? Why keep that much in a checking account/spend that much on a checking account? :shoot: How do you build credit spending 60k a year from your checking account...

Secondly, why should you pay $5 to take your own money out? Why should you pay $60 a year for giving a bank business? I have to pay them to hold my money every month in a checking account? OK, I'll just keep my cash at home then.

Integrity

EOG Master

yea... just stupid

this is gonna backfire big time

Sleepy

EOG Master

These pricks get to borrow money out at 5% while giving 0.5% on savings accounts and not even having to actually have any of this money in the vault.

They have overdraft fee's of $40 when in overdraft actually costs them nothing

Should you bring in 10k in cash the turn you into the government

The only people who are more stupid than the tellers have already been hired as a customer service person by an off shore sports book

When they fuck up they get the tax payers to pay the entire bill

We have already been fucked by these loser and now the want to fuck us again.

Some banks charge a bad-check fee to the depositer. If you send me a bad check and I try to deposit it, my bank charges me a fee. Somehow I am supposed to know whether or not a check is good before I cash it. Ridiculous.

I mean come on, it is only $5 per month!

Well that's BOA's marketing strategy. They hope (and have done enough market research) to know that their zillions of debit card users won't individually complain over $5 a month.

So they gouge.

Not much of a cost for the individual, but a huge revenue producer for BOA.​

PO69

EOG Master

OK Tucker, maybe $5000 is too much for guys here. But lets add up what it cost most families of 5 for instance. It would be more if the kids were older, but I assuming all children under the age of 18.

$200 a week for gas (assuming 3 cars, some people spend a great deal more)
$600 a month for dining out(many families spend MUCH more than this)
$600 a month for entertainment (including video games, movies, sports events and this is a lowball number)
$350 a month for car insurance (children cost a lot)
$200 a month for cell phone
$150 a month for internet/cable TV
$6 per day for school lunch= around $140 a month can be paid using credit card
$150 a month for electricity bill
$50 a month for gas bill
$50 a month for water bill
$400 a month for groceries
$100 a month for medication (my family only pays $15 a month for 2 meds, but some people pay more)
$400 in other various expenses that come with raising a family outside of entertainment
$50 a week in daycare

And I am not even counting paying your car payments with debit cards(which I dont do). Some people pay for health insurance using debit cards. Some people pay doctor bills with credit cards.

So I didnt account for $5000 per month, but I am using a minimum amount in most of those categories. Some families of 5 would spend more than $100 a week on groceries.

Integrity

EOG Master

800 a month to dine out

damn

PO69

EOG Master

Well I lowered it to $600. But that is only $150 a week. Actually less since there are 4.3 weeks in most months.

But one dinner out would be $50 with the family of 5 most likely. And most would do that about 2 times a week. Then I am accounting for fast food as well

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

My folks spend more than $600-800 to dine out a month because of big dinners, but they don't pay with their debit card ya dumb fuck. People with money pay with credit cards, not debit cards, because of the rewards and the fact that they don't need to worry about interest. You're truly showing how stupid you are in this thread PO...

As I said, you've somehow made everything a debit card charge and 100% eliminated a credit card.

$200 a week for gas? Jesus Christ, it's $45 for a tank of gas (assuming a sedan) in Chicago and that should get you 250-350 miles. Why the hell would you need $200 for gas? :shoot:

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

PO thinks it's OK for them to take $5 from you despite the fact that you're giving them business. God this fat fuck is retarded.

PO69

EOG Master

timely, you REALLY did ride the short bus to school didnt you??

I said 3 cars jack ass! Some people drive 30 miles to work everyday.

timelyshortbus, when I say debit card, I mean that one can use the credit card aspect of the card and still get reward points.

And since you cant read you little retarded fuck, I said that I DO NOT have a bank account at BofA.

$400 in other various expenses that come with raising a family outside of entertainment

And this is why I never married into the Osmond Family.

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

$60 fee per year for buying air that will largely be paid by poor and middle class, all to a greedy POS American bank.

Seems fair

PO69

EOG Master

Mr Smith, the poor dont even have bank accounts

If any of you fellas honestly feel that "the Banks" are raking obscene profits (which perhaps they are), I suggest you save the energy expended in winging about $5 a month and instead take advantage of the capitalistic system we all enjoy here in the USA

Purchase stock in these big greedy, high-profit Banks and you'll receive a dividend check every few months that will nicely offset that big ol' $60 you're paying for your heavy duty debit card.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

PO spends 60k on his debit card and rips poor people, you can't make this shit up. One more time dumb ass, no one with a clue spends 60k on their debit card in a year.

mr merlin

EOG Master

If any of you fellas honestly feel that "the Banks" are raking obscene profits (which perhaps they are), I suggest you save the energy expended in winging about $5 a month and instead take advantage of the capitalistic system we all enjoy here in the USA

Purchase stock in these big greedy, high-profit Banks and you'll receive a dividend check every few months that will nicely offset that big ol' $60 you're paying for your heavy duty debit card.
Bank of america's stock is crashing - they may go bankrupt, buying their stock is not the answer...getting a new debit card is.

Where do people come up with this stuff? B Of A was trading at over $15 a share at the beginning of the year and now it's at $6. The dividend rate is 0.01000.

Yeah, great idea to "nicely offset" the debit card fee.

You just have to sigh.

sean1

EOG Dedicated

No one should ever use a debit card.

Get a credit card.

If you can't get a prepaid one.

pvcpipe

EOG Master

No one should ever use a debit card.

Get a credit card.

If you can't get a prepaid one.

Because of the rewards programs?

mr merlin

EOG Master

Because of the rewards programs?
Yup, as long as you pay in full each month it's much better than using a debit card, you get the protection that credit cards give you as far as dsiputing charges, etc as well.

WVU

EOG Master

Yup, as long as you pay in full each month it's much better than using a debit card, you get the protection that credit cards give you as far as dsiputing charges, etc as well.

most debit cards give the same protection. Mine does at Wells Fargo (wachovia)

cheapseats

EOG Master

b of a is interesting, first they take merrill lynch, or are told to take them, then they take countrywide, or are told to take them, then the feds sue them..... i really think this whole series of events is a planned failure with the fat cats of b of a coming out smelling like a rose.....

mr merlin

EOG Master

most debit cards give the same protection. Mine does at Wells Fargo (wachovia)
But with a debit card, your money is gone immediately, - you have to try to get it back, with a credit card, they will suspend the charges until the investigation is complete. I do have a debit card, but have never used it for that purpose - only as a cash card. I can get several hundred $ a year in credit card rebates/discounts, and never pay a dime in interest.

diogee

Verly isnt going anywhere

But with a debit card, your money is gone immediately, - you have to try to get it back, with a credit card, they will suspend the charges until the investigation is complete. I do have a debit card, but have never used it for that purpose - only as a cash card. I can get several hundred $ a year in credit card rebates/discounts, and never pay a dime in interest.
Had someone use my debit card online for about $500 worth of shit several months ago...just went into the bank and talked to them about it, they instantly credited the funds back to my acct without any waiting. Not a big national branch though...just the Dakotas, Montana, and wyoming.

Wade

EOG Master

$5 a month times 50 million people = $250 million a month in boa's pocket. no wonder you see so much boa advertising. watch a yankee game and you know what i mean.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

I have an acct at BOA i'll be closing that out fairly soon, i'm not going to give these assholes 5 bucks a month, fuck that.

ShanaHJ

EOG Member

Because really the sound of this, Regional bank pays debit card users $5 per month, is more of a bad news to most of the bank customers. But we can just be positive about this, at least one little financial institution is stepping up and rewarding its debit card holders by paying them.

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

I'm not. Fuck those pieces of shit. These cheap greedy scumbags wring every last fucking cent out of you. Then they get bailed out if they fuck up. Banks suck.

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

I keep cash in a safe rather than leave it in some virtually no interest paying bank account. I'm not letting these greedy pieces of shit make money off of my money while not paying me anything.

Sleepy

EOG Master

I hope the protesters burn their headquarters to the ground today.