Michael Vick Is Overrated-Go Vinny And The Jets!

dirty

EOG Master
This game will be a Repeat of the Washington/SF game yesterday

Falcons get the over themselves

dirty

EOG Master
He just wins 68% of his starts.....It may be Ugly but the Falcons win...winning is all that matters...

It was UGLY and I hit my Falcons side but, Vick's style does not spell long term success in the NFL. The NFL trend (which has since carried over to college football) of the running/mobile Vick, McNabb, Culpepper quarterback is on it's way out. It has been a novelty who's time is ticking away.

The Montana, Fouts, Elway and Marino pocket passer model is the prototype for NFL success. I predict we will see the NFL trend back to this model.

dirty

EOG Master
I never said he was a good QB.....he is just a winner....and as long as he stays healthy he will win....Will he play 15 years in the NFL???? NO not unless he learns to pass....

How you can say he is Overrated as a player is beyond me.....As a QB he is not overrated Becuase I have never heard one Person say he was a good QB....He is a Playmaker.....And he wins Games....

I thought that was the Goal in the NFL.....to win Games. And Noone can argue he doesn't win...:cocktail:cocktail

dirty

EOG Master
jjgold said:
He does win bt he will get hurt soon

Vick will never win 3 or 4 games in playoffs

too erratic

I agree....he has to Improve his passing skills For the Falcons to Win the Dance...Just like Mcnabb and Young had to start for 5 years before he became a good QB....Same with Vick....The Question is can he Reel in that shotgun arm of his..

At practice here in Flowery Branch....They Rarely let him work with the starting Recievers...he QB drills he has to use practice Squad Guys....He throws the Balls too damn hard....he has broken several Fingers..That is one of the problems...Until he learns some Touch he can't work with his Starting Recievers but so much in Practice and Prep for a game....

Up until 2 years ago I lived 5 miles from the Falcons Complex....I live about 10 now....and I used to go down there and watch Practice when it was open to the Public...The things he can do is just amazing...I have seen him throw it from endzone to endzone and make it look like it was easy. 50 yard Ropes also...He just has to learn to harness that Potential and Get to the next level as a QB....

The question Now is does he have the Work Ethic or the Brains to make it to the next level....we will find out the next 2 years.

The question

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
dirty said:
I never said he was a good QB.....he is just a winner....and as long as he stays healthy he will win....Will he play 15 years in the NFL???? NO not unless he learns to pass....

How you can say he is Overrated as a player is beyond me.....As a QB he is not overrated Becuase I have never heard one Person say he was a good QB....He is a Playmaker.....And he wins Games....

I thought that was the Goal in the NFL.....to win Games. And Noone can argue he doesn't win...:cocktail:cocktail
Many times I have heard how qreat a QB he is-in reference to that , I said he is overrated! But you are right that I have not heard that lately! LOL! P.S. I also heard that Vinny Testaverde was a great QB- but not lately!

dirty

EOG Master
ZZ CREAM said:
Many times I have heard how qreat a QB he is-in reference to that , I said he is overrated! But you are right that I have not heard that lately! LOL!

I don't know about other parts of the country....But down here noone talks about how great of a QB he is....they talk about his leadership Abilities and how he changes the game and how a Defense has to play....But not about him being a great QB.....

The problem Dirt is that the NFL and their partner networks have christened him as the next greatest thing. They shove this guy down America's collective throats. Last night's telecast was nothing but a Michael Vick fawn-a-thon by Madden and Michaels.

GamblingBrain

EOG Addicted
Put it this way, if the falcons didnt have Vick, Thier rushing game would go from 1st in the NFL to below 20. Thier defense would fall apart all together. They would win maybe 3 or 4 games instead of 10-11. Vick although not pretty is a game changer and one of the most valuable players in the nfl. If anybody thinks the falcons could win more than 4 without vick say so?

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
Just not as easy against the men in the nfl as it is in college. Coaches holding breath everytime he takes off.

Gambler

EOG Addicted
iF vICK PLAYED FOR THE STEELERS HE would be their third WR...just look at Ward and Randel El

Michael and Marcus Vick make too many DUMB mistakes.

By the way I think Kordella was a better QB than Vick

Gambler

EOG Addicted
At the half he had 12 yds passing and 18 yds rushing and his QB rating was 13%......

The funny thing is Atlanta is actually a better team without Vick....Schaub was great vs NE

dirty

EOG Master
Gambler said:
At the half he had 12 yds passing and 18 yds rushing and his QB rating was 13%......

The funny thing is Atlanta is actually a better team without Vick....Schaub was great vs NE

One game does not a career make

And Vick had 18 yards Rushing but he had 2 td's and Caused the Falcons to be able to Keep the Jets offense off the field after the Early Turnovers....Vick's Affect and Effect on the Game is not measured by stats, but by what he brings to the table and the Possibilitied he can beat you.

I agree madden and Michaels pushed him last nite....That is why I usually watch and listen to Westwood one...I hate madden....Makes the game almost Unwatchable.

Gambler

EOG Addicted
Vick missed some EXTREMELY wide open receivers Monday night.

He threw high, he threw low, behind, ahead.

and occasionally, someone actually caught a pass.

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then.:doh1

To even call Vick a good qb is an insult to good qbs. He's a half-back who takes the snaps and throws a pass every so often. If he were to suffer any kind of injury that took away his mobility, he would have a hard time even getting work as a back-up.

akillies

EOG Veteran
jets controlled vick and should have won. jets are terrible the qb position is killing them. Vick is better than what the jets have, and if he was in ny they would be a playoff team. Atl has it's own problems, mainly they have to get wr's involved, with a downfield threat to open up the field.