Is the new NBA dress code Racist??

chief rage

EOG Member
This is big business and of course there should be a dress code. These guys are employees and should represent the NBA with at least business casual. I couldnt go in to my job at the piggly wiggly tommorrow with a throwback jersey on and all blinged up.

The dress code isn't racist at all. Employers set some type of dress code for almost all jobs. The NBA is no different than any other business.There are also dress codes for customers. You can't get in many restaurants or clubs without proper attire.

BEANTOWNJIM

Banned
RAIDERS YOU ARE A FUNNY BASTARD (THE NBA IS JUST LIKE ANY OTHER JOB) YEH RIGHT I DONT KNOW WHERE YOU WORK RAIDERS BUT I HAVE NEVER BEEN ON A JOB WHERE 85% OF THE WORKERS WERE NIGERIANS LIKE THE NBA.OF COURSE THIS IS RACIST LETS CUT THE SHIT HERE WHITE AMERICA DOESNT LIKE TO SEE A BUNCH OF BLACK THUG MILLIONARES WEARING GOLD CHAINS AND LOOSE PANTS WALKING INTO THE STADIUM WITH A GOURGOUS BLOND ON HIS ARM.BOYS THIS IS THE MOST RACIST THING I HAVE EVER HEARD OF, IF IT WAS A BUNCH OF WHITE GUYS DRESSING LIKE THIS NOT ONE WORD WOULD BE SAID EXCEPT MAN THOSE ARE SOME WEIRD LOOKING HONKIES:doh1 LETS CALL A SPADE A SPADE HUH BOYS

ANYBODY WHO DOESNT THINK THERE IS RACISM IN THIS COUNTRY IF ALLAN IVERSON,BEN WALLACE,KEVIN GARNETT WALKED INTO BROOKS BROTHERS TO BUY A SUIT HOW MANY CLERKS DO YOU THINK WOULD FOLLOW THEM IF THEY WERE DRESSED IN HIP HOP (IF YOU BLACK,WE GONNA TRACK) YOUR EVERY MOVE

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
Why doesn't the NAACP ever complain why the NBA is predominately black? How about mainstream media? I recall 'Jimmy the Greek' getting hammered, telling basically the truth about physical differences between different races and getting fired by CBS and becoming persona non-grata in the media after that. Don't white guys play as much or more basketball by man-hours as blacks? Is the NBA racist or are the blacks just better ballplayers? And if so, why?

Funny how all the WHITE guys don't think it is racist.

It maybe not be racist, but definately has racial/social undertones.

Because their manner of dress is mostly ghetto/urban, then it is definately aimed at getting that aspect out of it.

They could be all dressed in overalls and flannel and if the NBA made them change it would be anti "redneck".

They are not going after the race or even the particular segemnt of society that that tye of dress emulates. They want it to be a little more professional.

IMO it is more "racist" to think that a 3 piece suit or a jacket and tie is WHITE way to dress.

So if you turn it on its head it has raciel undertones on all sides.

But that just shows how little race relations he been solved in this country when racism and reverse racism is put into an argument so quickly. Especially when there is a clear cut division in worker versus executive and client.

Sam Odom

EOG Master
wantitall4moi said:
But that just shows how little race relations he been solved in this country when racism and reverse racism is put into an argument so quickly.

No such thing as "reverse racism" but I understand what you mean.

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"
ZZ CREAM said:
Why doesn't the NAACP ever complain why the NBA is predominately black? How about mainstream media? I recall 'Jimmy the Greek' getting hammered, telling basically the truth about physical differences between different races and getting fired by CBS and becoming persona non-grata in the media after that. Don't white guys play as much or more basketball by man-hours as blacks? Is the NBA racist or are the blacks just better ballplayers? And if so, why?

No, definitely not ZZ.........But more than years past........

BEANTOWNJIM

Banned
BOYS I JUST E-MAILED DAVID STERN A SUGGESTION ON THE NEW NBA DRESS CODE.I SUGGESTED THAT THE NBA PLAYERS SHOW UP AT THE ARENA WEARING A JUMP SUIT AND CARRYING A MOP BECAUSE WE ALL KNOW THESE F-CKING NIGERIANS ARE NOTHING BUT OVERPAYED JANITORS.

STARTING NOVEMBER 3RD ALL NBA PLAYERS WILL WEAR A JUMP SUIT AND CARRY A MOP AND BROOM TO EACH ARENA THIS WILL NOW BE THE OFFICIAL UNIFORM FOR THE (NIGERIAN BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION) THIS WILL MAKE THE PLAYERS FEEL COMFORTABLE AND RIGHT AT HOME.

ANYBODY WHO DOESNT THINK THERE IS RACISM IN THIS COUNTRY IF YOUR SISTER WAS DATING ALLAN IVERSON,BEN WALLACE,KEVIN GARNETT,OR KEN WEITZNER WHO WOULD YOU WELCOME WITH OPEN ARMS:+signs8-1

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
BEANTOWNJIM said:
BOYS I JUST E-MAILED DAVID STERN A SUGGESTION ON THE NEW NBA DRESS CODE.I SUGGESTED THAT THE NBA PLAYERS SHOW UP AT THE ARENA WEARING A JUMP SUIT AND CARRYING A MOP BECAUSE WE ALL KNOW THESE F-CKING NIGERIANS ARE NOTHING BUT OVERPAYED JANITORS.

STARTING NOVEMBER 3RD ALL NBA PLAYERS WILL WEAR A JUMP SUIT AND CARRY A MOP AND BROOM TO EACH ARENA THIS WILL NOW BE THE OFFICIAL UNIFORM FOR THE (NIGERIAN BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION) THIS WILL MAKE THE PLAYERS FEEL COMFORTABLE AND RIGHT AT HOME.

ANYBODY WHO DOESNT THINK THERE IS RACISM IN THIS COUNTRY IF YOUR SISTER WAS DATING ALLAN IVERSON,BEN WALLACE,KEVIN GARNETT,OR KEN WEITZNER WHO WOULD YOU WELCOME WITH OPEN ARMS:+signs8-1
Pretty motley crew of choices - I'll take AI, as long as I can hang out with him and his entourage. And if anybody messes with us, we'll pop a few caps on 'em!

I think it IS racist. However, the NBA/team is the employer and they should abide by it. If they don't like it, they can play in the CBA or in Europe.

I am sure a WHITE advertiser or WHITE owner got to Stern do come down like this on the attire. It is absolutely a slap against the hip hop culture, and not totaly unrelated to the ghetto fight in November at The Palace. The irony will be to see Cuban in HIS throwback jersey on in the front row of the Mavs games.

But racist??? Absolutely.

KingofTheHill

EOG Enthusiast
HOW TEH FUCK IS THIS RACIST YOU MORONS! THERE ARE WHITE PLAYERS IN THE LEAGUE WHO WEAR TRACK SUITS, AND BLACKS IN THE LEAGUE WHO WEAR SUITS. JESUS, IF HOW YOU DRESS IS WHAT LABELS YOU AS BLACK OR WHITE, MY GUIDO ASS MUST BE PRETTY BLACK, WITH ALL MY GOLD CHAINS...IDIOTS!

Have you seen some of the suits these guys are wearing? MAY'N!
I think AI and some of these other guys could have some real fun w/ Stern. LIME GREEN PIMP suite w/ a peacock feather on an orange cap!:+excited-

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
KingofTheHill said:
HOW TEH FUCK IS THIS RACIST YOU MORONS! THERE ARE WHITE PLAYERS IN THE LEAGUE WHO WEAR TRACK SUITS, AND BLACKS IN THE LEAGUE WHO WEAR SUITS. JESUS, IF HOW YOU DRESS IS WHAT LABELS YOU AS BLACK OR WHITE, MY GUIDO ASS MUST BE PRETTY BLACK, WITH ALL MY GOLD CHAINS...IDIOTS!
Didn't the Moors pretty much overrun Italy? Wouldn't that make all Italians here African-Americans? So , I guess you are black King, Congratulations!

dirty

EOG Master
It is not Racist....And Corporate America Got to the NBA.......The poor inner City Blacks are Not the ones Buying Advertisements and Not the ones Buying the tickets and going to Games.....It is Corporate America and the Americans Not in Poverty, Whether they be Black or White.

Corporate America Probably threatened to pull advertisement dollars out and the NBA Can't afford that....Ratings have been down the last Few years and the NBA needs all the Money they can get...they are trying to get White America Back wanting to watch the games and get ratings back up for the New TV negotiations.

dirty

EOG Master
Exactly....the NBA was on the Verge of Bankruptcy in the Middle and late 70's...Players Had to Redo thier contracts and take severe paycuts and they had a Minimal TV contract....Then Magic and Larry brought thier Feud to the NBA to save the league...Then Michael Kept it going well into the 90's.....After He retired the 2nd time the league didn't have any marketable Stars that could cross over to all Races and Demographics like Bird, Johnson and Jordan.....and it has been adrift ever since....And it's Thug Image needs to be remade...When People Like Ai are poster Boys for your league then Something is wrong...it is not the way he dresses it is the way he acts off the court...always in trouble and hanging around Thugs....He gets Weapons charges every couple years...gets caught with Pot..etc....and it is just not him it is all over the league as a whole....I can't blame Most of America for not watching and taking thier Kids to games....Who wants a thug as a Role model....It is not a Racist Issue it is a Culture Issue....There are just as many White, Mexican, Chinese, Etc that are thugs....They just don't happen to play Basketball which is Huge in the Inner Cities....These guys Grew up on the streets acting like this and it is all they know...You have to act like that to survive in that envirnment...They just need to be taught how to be responsible for thier actions and act Like a Person. That is what the NBA is Trying to do here.

dirty

EOG Master
Anything that Happens in America nowadays if it has to do with Blacks is considered Racist no matter what it is...Race whore's like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton make sure of it.