Introducing Prof Meyer...

rainbow

EOG Master
Re: Introducing Prof Meyer...

not really, i won a few bets over the weekend betting the 2nd half without watching... stats dont lie.. I can see on my computer that team A outgained team B by 2.5 to 1 but are tied or trailing

Does it also tell you who is pushing who across the line of scrimage?

IrishTim

EOG Dedicated

Rainbow, probably 95% of guys who place 2H bets watch the games. Do 95% of guys who bet second halves win long-term?

playersadvocate

EOG Senior Member

The best 2h crew around for last 10 years uses a computer based program. That is a fact. I know them as the garbage men. They are out of philly. They bet nothing but 2h,props and teasers. HAve destroyed many a bookmaker over the years. One of the main reasons CRIS uses +60 on 3 game 6 pts teasers is because of the beating this crew has given them over the years.

Of course rainbow will say that the only way to bet 2h is to watch the game.

He is so smart

lol

rainbow

EOG Master

The best 2h crew around for last 10 years uses a computer based program. That is a fact. I know them as the garbage men. They are out of philly. They bet nothing but 2h,props and teasers. HAve destroyed many a bookmaker over the years. One of the main reasons CRIS uses +60 on 3 game 6 pts teasers is because of the beating this crew has given them over the years.

Of course rainbow will say that the only way to bet 2h is to watch the game.

He is so smart

lol
Not smart, just alittle smarter than you...

IrishTim

EOG Dedicated

Explain to me how a computer can tell you who is pushing who across the line of scrimage? I can't wait for your answer.....:+clueless

Nothing happens in a vacuum rainbow. It's reflected in other stats. You've just got to figure out the right ones. 12io4j2w90

rainbow

EOG Master

Nothing happens in a vacuum rainbow. It's reflected in other stats. You've just got to figure out the right ones. 12io4j2w90
Tim, I know you make money crunching your numbers, my whole arguement is I think its 100% mandatory to watch the games in the 1st half when betting 2nd halfs, hell if your numbers are that good with 2nd half lines, how much better would they be if you watched the one's you can?

playersadvocate

EOG Senior Member

Explain to me how a computer can tell you who is pushing who across the line of scrimage? I can't wait for your answer.....:+clueless

The answer is that is can't. But what a computer can do is spit out winners after you put in the relevant stats. Tell me how the garbage crew wins every year betting 2h using the computer model if it is not possible?

ProfaneReality

EOG Dedicated

the team who outgained the other team 2.5 to 1.

you are never wrong though. we all know that. :doh1

rainbow

EOG Master

The answer is that is can't. But what a computer can do is spit out winners after you put in the relevant stats. Tell me how the garbage crew wins every year betting 2h using the computer model if it is not possible?

They beat us up on the quarters, its hard to get a buy back on quarter lines..... and practically all of them have a data base...

rainbow

EOG Master

the team who outgained the other team 2.5 to 1.

you are never wrong though. we all know that. :doh1
Agree with that, but what about the games that are about even in stats for the 1st half? thats when watching the 1st halfs play a big part.......:yay

Prof Meyer

EOG Member

I've read that any winless team after an 0-4 start is a good play ATS until they at least get off the schneid. Your data mentions how well they've done off a bye week, but I was wondering if the stat/hunch I cited is a good situation. My records show that such teams were only 6-7 vs the spread in 2009, so obviously I am curious what the numbers would show with a larger cample size. Thanks.

This is not a complicated query to perform. The SDQL text is simply:

wins=0 and losses>=4

Running it reveals a very nice 119-77-6 ATS record since 1989.

To see a complete breakdown of records of winless teams in the NFL based on how many losses they have, run this:

wins=0 and losses

When a parameter is not defined the SDQL runs all possible values of the parameter and outputs the results in a table.

Here we can see that 0-4 teams have been 45-25 ATS. Of course much more can be investigated. What about 0-4 teams that are favored? Divisional? Off a loss as a favorite? Off a loss in which they led at the half? et cetera.

This is a nice find and something that should be watched. Note that these teams are not winning straight up, they are covering inflated lines. The ATS record of 119-77-6 has been produced with straight up record of 70-132. The average line has been +6.9 ppg.

I would imagine that this is from the squares avoiding bad teams, with insightful and in-depth logic such as, "Cleveland Sucks! Who would bet on Cleveland?"

Thanks for the inquiry.

Prof M.

Kindred

EOG Member

Is this the same database at killer sports and sports database, I forget the exact website but I used them last year.

Prof Meyer

EOG Member

Is this the same database at killer sports and sports database, I forget the exact website but I used them last year.

The SDQL is now available at many websites. KillerSports.com and SportsDataBase.com are two of them.

Prof M.

munson15

I want winners...

The SDQL is now available at many websites. KillerSports.com and SportsDataBase.com are two of them.

Prof M.
I wish I had the time and could learn how to use those SDQL's, whatever they are.:+clueless I appreciate the stats, it's better than I expected, despite a poor 2009. :cheers

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

I will choose television over a computer for 2nd halfs in a heartbeat, a computer will never ever tell you who dominated the 1st half period or who looked the best in the 1st half, how can anyone even argue about this, its 100% manatory to watch 1st halfs in Football.......

Just a physics professor who is just a little smarter than most here...laughing at 100% mandatory....

rainbow

EOG Master

Just a physics professor who is just a little smarter than most here...laughing at 100% mandatory....
He just told me on the phone that he's only won betting 2nd halfs the last 15yrs, and 100% mandatory you are laughing at........:doh1

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

He also said he wouldn't doubt that a computer can beat 2nd halfs consistent........

Which is what the thread is about...anything that helps select winners including thinking outside the box....you just can't dismiss math....

playersadvocate

EOG Senior Member

I have come to a conclusion. This rainbow character is as thickheaded as my 4 year old son. There is nothing you can say that he won't refute.

He thinks nobody else can do anything and that if you are doing it you are following one of his boyfriends.

Let me fill you in on something "RAINBOW" it is better to be a leader than a follower

now go back to changing lines. A job any monkey can do these days.

rainbow

EOG Master

I have come to a conclusion. This rainbow character is as thickheaded as my 4 year old son. There is nothing you can say that he won't refute.

He thinks nobody else can do anything and that if you are doing it you are following one of his boyfriends.

Let me fill you in on something "RAINBOW" it is better to be a leader than a follower

I'm not the one racing steam on the Donbest, you are nothing but a pretender, son I can read right through you...........

rainbow

EOG Master

good night steam chaser,,,,,,,,,,,,

rainbow

EOG Master

You got that last sentence right, you are the Monkey that would go broke on the other side of the counter booking....... have a good night steam chaser, get plenty of rest and sleep with the computer... LOL

Bucky

EOG Dedicated

This is interesting debate. Welcome Professor Meyer. Kind of like the financial market argument between fundamentalists and technical traders. Not exactly on topic but like the movie, "Money Never Sleeps" -- Bulls win sometimes - Bears win sometimes - but Pigs, they get slaughtered! Ok - define pig in the sports gambling scenario? The greedy whale/square player on tilt?

Last edited:

playersadvocate

EOG Senior Member

LOL. Never chased steam in my life. I don't sit in front of a computer all day. And I do make plenty of money booking. So you are 0-3. But I guess you are used to those types of days. Just like my 4 year old son, when your losing an argument, you try to make the other guy stupid. I for one could care less what you think I am or do. All I know is that I do my own work and go with it. Something you think only your boyfriends can do. Sorry to bring you into reality.

And to make it straight, guys who chase steam do not get better #'s than the guys creating it. There is a lesson for you.

Good night

rainbow

EOG Master

LOL. Never chased steam in my life. I don't sit in front of a computer all day. And I do make plenty of money booking. So you are 0-3. But I guess you are used to those types of days. Just like my 4 year old son, when your losing an argument, you try to make the other guy stupid. I for one could care less what you think I am or do. All I know is that I do my own work and go with it. Something you think only your boyfriends can do. Sorry to bring you into reality.

And to make it straight, guys who chase steam do not get better #'s than the guys creating it. There is a lesson for you.

Good night

Thanks for the lesson... LOL... you must think I just come in on a banana boat, when your Mom was changing your diapers I was in this business... talk is the cheapest thing in the world without backing it up, you so smart start posting your plays... LOL... did you know action speaks for its self?

rainbow

EOG Master

This is interesting debate. Welcome Professor Meyer. Kind of like the financial market argument between fundamentalists and technical traders. Not exactly on topic but like the movie, "Money Never Sleeps" -- Bulls win sometimes - Bears win sometimes - but Pigs, they get slaughtered! Ok - define pig in the sports gambling scenario? The greedy whale/square player on tilt?

We speaking on 2nd halfs only...........

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

LOL Banana Boat...I love reading Rainbow in these discussions. All you guys are too sharp for me. :cheers

rainbow

EOG Master

We also speaking of someone with knowledge watching the 1st half and betting the 2nd half.......

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Rainbow...this thread is going downhill just a bit and isn't about 2nd halves only....you are entitled to your opinon but try and listen to others...

I appreciate your input and you must realize that there are two sides of every coin....don't take everything personal....

rainbow

EOG Master

I can remember one night me and T were watching I believe a Sunday night game and the halftime score was 21-7 the favorite winning and they were I believe a 7pt favorite.. I was watching the same game he was watching and I told him the favorite looks good and he laughed and said he liked the dog real good in the 2nd half, the favorite of the game was -1.5 for the 2nd half, he gobbled up the +1.5 and not only did they cover the 2nd half they come back and won the game, thats when I knew I was out of his league period, he is the best I've ever seen in my entire life, not only does he picks the winners he explains whats going to happen in the 2nd half... he is the HUNGARIANS betting 2nd halfs........

rainbow

EOG Master

Rainbow...this thread is going downhill just a bit and isn't about 2nd halves only....you are entitled to your opinon but try and listen to others...

I appreciate your input and you must realize that there are two sides of every coin....don't take everything personal....

I understand, np.....

pokerjoe

EOG Senior Member

I wish I had the time and could learn how to use those SDQL's, whatever they are.:+clueless I appreciate the stats, it's better than I expected, despite a poor 2009. :cheers

I once spent a week learning it and getting what I needed from it for the NBA. But looking at it just now I can't remember how to work it, LOL. It takes an investment, for sure. But it can be worthwhile. And it isn't that hard, it's just a lanquage you need to get comfortable with, obv.

Prof Meyer

EOG Member

eogers,

I posted an MLB play for Thursday the 23rd in the baseball betting forum. The selection includes many trends in performance uncovered with the Sports Data Query Language (SDQL).

Prof M.

munson15

I want winners...

I once spent a week learning it and getting what I needed from it for the NBA. But looking at it just now I can't remember how to work it, LOL. It takes an investment, for sure. But it can be worthwhile. And it isn't that hard, it's just a lanquage you need to get comfortable with, obv.
Can an old dog learn new tricks? That would be the problem, as I am not as versatile mentally as I was years ago. If my wife divorces me, I may need to learn it just to pay the bills.:doh1