Opening Line Atlanta-Seattle? (WNBA Final)

jfhst18

EOG Veteran
My value line is -13, and I'm hoping for a -9.5 opener. Buy it early if you like Seattle because there will be one-way action.

Atlanta is like a machine built to fine tolerances. When it works it works beautifully as the team plays fast and the bigs clean up everything. Seattle will throw a little bit of sand into the machine, though, and Atlanta will turn the ball over and Seattle will play downhill.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Re: Opening Line Atlanta-Seattle? (WNBA Final)

My value line is -13, and I'm hoping for a -9.5 opener. Buy it early if you like Seattle because there will be one-way action.

Atlanta is like a machine built to fine tolerances. When it works it works beautifully as the team plays fast and the bigs clean up everything. Seattle will throw a little bit of sand into the machine, though, and Atlanta will turn the ball over and Seattle will play downhill.

Gm1 against LA, Sea was a 11.5 pt fav, Gm 1 vs Phx, they were a 7.5 pt fav.

In the 2 games against Atl, they were a 4.5 dog on the road and a 5.5 fav at home.

I expect Sea around a 6.5 pt fav for Gm1 against Atl.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

any chance seattle doesnt take it all?

Sure - it could happen. As wild as some of the swings we see in games are in the WNBA anything can happen. Both teams are unbeaten in the post season meaning both are 2-0 on the road and if anything I am more impressed with Atlanta's 2 road wins since they were dogs in both while Seattle was only a 1-point dog in G2 vs Phx and if not for a 15-0 run to end the game we would be talking about G3 between Seat-Phx

I do tend to agree with Bob that we are looking at around 7-ish for the game. To me what is more interesting is the Total. This is a repeat of the Seat-Phx series with Seat wanting to slow it down while Atlanta (and Phx) want to run, run, run and run some more. We might be able to get some 2-teamers here of Seat-Under and Atl-Over

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

any chance seattle doesnt take it all?

I would estimate Atlanta's chances of winning the WNBA title at less than 10%. The five-game format for the WNBA Finals benefits Seattle, the superior team. Atlanta needs an injury to Bird or Jackson.

I think the total will be around 163. The problem with playing Seattle under due to the slow pace is that their OE at home is often higher than 1.2. In fact even with their great defense the overall scoring per exchange of possessions was 2.03 in Seattle home games which was 2nd in the league. That includes some blow out games and a relative lack of foul fests versus other teams. With that type of scoring efficiency it doesn't take a lot of possessions to get the total over. Especially if the game spread is around 7-8 and you get a foul fest with a 14 point last minute.

ComptrBob

EOG Master

Line is up at theGreek, Seattle -7, total 163.

Interesting that they posted NY Liberty -7 vs Atlanta for a non-existent 3rd game on Thursday. After I emailed them, they now have the correct game.:cheers