WEEK 1 SOMEBODY KNOWS SOMETHING

WINBET

EOG Dedicated
Just a few games that caught my eye as far as the line is concerned.

IOWA ST -3.5
MINNY +4.5
MICHIGAN -3
WASHINGTON +3

It would appear that these Teams have either not improved this Year or not improved as much as their Week 1 foes. On last years figures the lines would be around

IOWA ST -1.5
MINNY +7.5
MICHIGAN -1
WASHINGTON +7

So why the skinny odds :+clueless someone in bookie land knows something :+textinb3 :cheers

pvcpipe

EOG Master
Re: WEEK 1 SOMEBODY KNOWS SOMETHING

Just a few games that caught my eye as far as the line is concerned.

IOWA ST -3.5
MINNY +4.5
MICHIGAN -3
WASHINGTON +3

It would appear that these Teams have either not improved this Year or not improved as much as their Week 1 foes. On last years figures the lines would be around

IOWA ST -1.5
MINNY +7.5
MICHIGAN -1
WASHINGTON +7

So why the skinny odds :+clueless someone in bookie land knows something :+textinb3 :cheers

The Minn/MTSU line difference is a good example of a line being made in order to split the public, not neccessarily b/c the difference b/t the two teams is 4 points. Minnesota is just as bad as last year, yet they are catching less points than they would've last year. Really like MTSU here.

Cloverleaf

EOG Dedicated

I for one hate this "Cow College Person" saying that MTSU will kick the crap out of Minn this year. Lost soul....LOST...

If Minnesota beats Middle Tennessee this year, I WILL KISS YOUR ASS at any public forum you like.

MTS's season is riding on this one. They will beat the Minny men like a drum.

WINBET

EOG Dedicated

I for one hate this "Cow College Person" saying that MTSU will kick the crap out of Minn this year. Lost soul....LOST...

If Minnesota beats Middle Tennessee this year, I WILL KISS YOUR ASS at any public forum you like.

MTS's season is riding on this one. They will beat the Minny men like a drum.

Thats my point, the whole World has the same opinion as you and nobody would bat an eyelid if the line was -7 yet its -4.5. As for pipes split the public theory! what would make potential Minny bettors take +4.5 on the expectation of at least +6.5. Of course he might answer that outside of these hallowed Forums people are complete Idiots.

Ski-Mask

EOG Enthusiast

Trying to give off the impression that Minne has more of a chance than they actually do?

Remember that the linesmakers have to consider the public's perception of these teams. Nest, your lines are way off. Washington +7 against BYU? With that huge revenge motive Washington has, and a very good QB? I sincerely doubt it. BYU has no returning backfield and no returning LB's. They do not impress me at all. The line should be a Pk, but they are giving the Mormons 3 points for the home field advantage.

The difference between Michigan -3 and Michigan -1 is really too small to debate. Again, this is a home field advantage line, and nothing else. Ditto the Iowa State line. Now the Minny-MTSU line is interesting because you have the team that is one of the, if not the worst Big 10 teams traveling to a team that is favoried to win the Sun Belt Conference. You have the line at 7.5, and I tend to agree. With the total lack of interest in this game by the players, it would appear that the LVSC boys came up with a good number. It is floating between 4 and 5, but has had very little action, even though it is a Thursday Night game.

Tim Patterson

EOG Dedicated
Tim weighs in

Tim weighs in

I make MTSU an 8 point favorite. Not sure I'll get involved but it won't be on Minny, if I do.

I'd also take BYU with gun to my head.

THE CLOSER

EOG Veteran

you raise some good points...i am going to look into those teams a little deeper

WINBET

EOG Dedicated

Let me explain again as people are misunderstanding. I will leave out the Washington game as it appears the line is justified by the turn around in the Teams. Of the other 3, if you asked 100 informed cappers which Team has had the best off season, the vast majority would say Nth Illinous, MTSU and UConn. However, based on what the line would have been at the end of last season it appears that the oddsmakers are favouring the opposite Teams in their numbers. So I'm just pointing out that regardless of what is said in this thread and others, the people who are paid to know what their doing are in the other corner on these 3 games. :cheers

First of all, last season has NOTHING to do with this season, except for public perception. Secondly, what constitutes a good off season? Would you say that UConn losing starting DE Greg Lloyd constitues a good off season? Is Michigan losing CB Troy Woolfolk a bigger loss? You really can not tell until they have played a game, can you? The boys at LVSC make these lines so the public will buy them at a 50-50 clip. The off season has had NOTHING to do with the Northern Illinois-Iowa State game, and very little, if anything else to do with the other games. Check the kline movement and you will see that these lines have basically not budged. The UConn-Michigan line did not budge by so much as 1/2 apoint when Lloyd went down, nor did it budge when Woolfolk wnet down. So much for your off season theory. The boys at the LVSC seemedto have done a very good job in regards to the games that you listed.