OT: Should they allow a Mosque near Ground Zero?

JHU Dad

EOG Dedicated
Re: OT: Should they allow a Mosque near Ground Zero?

I lost 3 clients in the World Trade Center. It is an insult to every relative and friend to put a mosque within blocks of the WTC.

mr merlin

EOG Master

It shows how out of touch Obama is that he would support it so strongly.

Vivaldi

EOG Addicted

I have one simple question: Isn't this America? People can make what they want out of that question.

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

--New York Governor David Paterson told Rep. Peter King in a phone call today that he plans to meet with the backers of the so-called "Ground Zero Mosque" this week to discuss moving their project elsewhere.--

The organization (or whatever) behind this planned Mosque should just move it elsewhere and be done with it.

JHU Dad

EOG Dedicated

King is my Congressman. To the extent he has any clout, it will not go there.

unusualsusp5

EOG Senior Member

they should let them build it. then when it is full of muslims hire someone to fly a plane into it.

Horrible idea to put a trophy there for the muslims.

Would the Japanese even think of building a Shinto shrine anywhere near Pearl Harbor? NO

railbird

EOG Master

They should not allow any mosques in the USA, not just ground zero. Islam is the masterpiece of satan. It is a counterfeit religion. Im suprsied China didnt event it.

minet123

EOG Addicted

sure
BUT
We get to send the Jehovah Witnesses and Mormons to Saudi Arabia to knock on their doors and build churches or temples or whatever in downtown Mecca

Why not? I'm not Muslim, but it's naive to say all Muslims supported the 9/11 attack. In fact, most were appalled by it!

Why not? I'm not Muslim, but it's naive to say all Muslims supported the 9/11 attack. In fact, most were appalled by it!
12io4j2w90 Hard to believe that you and I are in the minority here. Sad actually.

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

I'm actually not opposed to it. Like you said, Freedom of Religion. But you know there's going to be trouble- from both sides -if they locate there. I don't think it's worth the hassle- they should just move it elsewhere and be done with it.

We absolutely should allow the mosque to be built near Ground Zero. If ever there was going to be a terrorist threat, it would be the building(s) built at Ground Zero. Terrorists would love to watch Americans rebuild a structure only to blow it up, but they'll certainly think twice if there is a mosque in the way.

Hell, surround that sucker with mosques and then we won't have to worry.

ouch

EOG Dedicated

They should not allow any mosques in the USA, not just ground zero. Islam is the masterpiece of satan. It is a counterfeit religion. Im suprsied China didnt event it.

If little Railbird had been taken from his mother's womb and deposited with a family in Saudi Arabia, it is a certainty that he would be calling the United States the great Satan, railing against Christianity (check out a little history concerning the Crusades), and calling the Southern California lifestyle decadent and an affront to God.

doesnt matter usa is going down the hole everyday regardless. glad I wont be around to see it.

75 -100 years from now this will be a scary and much much different place.probably mostly rubble.

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

We absolutely should allow the mosque to be built near Ground Zero. If ever there was going to be a terrorist threat, it would be the building(s) built at Ground Zero. Terrorists would love to watch Americans rebuild a structure only to blow it up, but they'll certainly think twice if there is a mosque in the way.

Hell, surround that sucker with mosques and then we won't have to worry.

Funny way of looking at it and probably right, LOL

driver8

EOG Addicted

It's not a mosque, it's a rec. center that includes a mosque and a lot of other stuff. Shouldn't even be a issue, thank God for political pundits.

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Giuliani weighed in on the debate swirling around the proposed Islamic Center near Ground Zero on the Today Show this morning. He accused the mosque's Imam, Feisal Abdul Rauf, of peddling sensitivity, while showing no understanding for the pain of 9/11 victims. "All you're doing is creating more division, more anger, more hatred," Giuliani said. "This project is creating tremendous pain to people who have already paid the ultimate sacrifice.

ouch

EOG Dedicated

It shows how out of touch Obama is that he would support it so strongly.

Obama DOESN'T support it so strongly. He would like nothing more than to get a phone call saying that they are moving the proposed site uptown, or to White Plains, or next door to Mr. Merlin.

What he does support strongly is Americans having freedom of religion as mandated by the Constitution. And if you don't support it as strongly, you are not much of an American.

My guess is that Mr. Merlin has never met an average Muslin person, but that doesn't stop him from pontificating that Islam is evil.

Pretty sad!

High Times

EOG Master

I would be 100% more pissed if they built another 100 story building there so the gov/j*ws/arabs/global police can have another target to blow up.

Religious is the most disturbing thinf in the world today.

Build what ever they want there. Who's business is it any ways.

mr merlin

EOG Master

Obama DOESN'T support it so strongly. He would like nothing more than to get a phone call saying that they are moving the proposed site uptown, or to White Plains, or next door to Mr. Merlin.

What he does support strongly is Americans having freedom of religion as mandated by the Constitution. And if you don't support it as strongly, you are not much of an American
My guess is that Mr. Merlin has never met an average Muslin person, but that doesn't stop him from pontificating that Islam is evil.

Islam is evil. Pure evil, and a few caring muslims won't change it. This is a religion that wont tolerate even a book or representative of another religion...out of fear that their cowardly practices might be exposed for all to see.

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

I think all religions are nonsense. I think humans will eventually evolve and realize they're as real as Greek mythology.