DICE-K...PETER GAMMONS REPORTS....

DICE-K has been training since the end of the season and his trainer says he is in the best shape of his MLB career. He told a Japanese paper that he wants to prove that he is a top notch pitcher in 2010 and revealed that he hurt his thigh in spring training last year, but didn't tell the club. They seem to be on the same page now and the offseason has been a success...

Beckett
Lester
Lackey
Dice-K
Buchholtz
Wakefield

and a much better defense makes me smile!!!:houra

Re: DICE-K...PETER GAMMONS REPORTS....

Beltre isn't going to hit .280 or 25 home runs now that he's off the 'roids, but you'd be hard pressed to find a better 3rd baseman.

Chi_Dorothy

EOG Dedicated

I feel like 90% of the time when a pitcher reports to spring training in "the best shape of his life"

He actually gets worse. I'm sure its perception, but the only exception I can think of in recent years is Ryan Dempster, he got into great shape before his 08 campaign

jacksorbetter

EOG Dedicated

Peter Gammons is still employed. The same Peter Gammons that said Jason Bay would play in Beirut before Queens.

Dice K will come into spring training looking like Sid Fernandez.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

DICE-K has been training since the end of the season and his trainer says he is in the best shape of his MLB career. He told a Japanese paper that he wants to prove that he is a top notch pitcher in 2010 and revealed that he hurt his thigh in spring training last year, but didn't tell the club. They seem to be on the same page now and the offseason has been a success...

Beckett
Lester
Lackey
Dice-K
Buchholtz
Wakefield

and a much better defense makes me smile!!!:houra