It will be a shame if this game is decided by a coin flip

938four

EOG Dedicated
Re: It will be a shame if this game is decided by a coin flip

not really both have a defense paid to make a stop91023i2ndw;l

munson15

I want winners...

Winner of the coin flip wins 90% of the time in this game. And yes, it would be a shame.

938four

EOG Dedicated

more like low 60% i think:cocktail

938four

EOG Dedicated

both d's do suck

still paid 2 stop

mite not matter tho

mofome

Banned

this is the worst rule in sports. hilarious.

someone may win the SB because of a coin toss.

938four

EOG Dedicated

From the 2000 through 2007 regular seasons, there have been 124 overtime games. In every single game except one (I believe), the team that won the toss elected to receive. And those receiving teams won 60% of the time (and tied once).

938four

EOG Dedicated

29% of the time the team that wins the toss drives down and scores without the other team touching the ball. Overall, however, the coin toss winner only wins 52% of the time. It seems fair but these numbers are somewhat misleading because in 1994 a rule changed moved the kickoff back 5 yards to the 30 yard line (those numbers were based on data from 1973-2003). Since then, it's been about 60%. Prior to the rule change, the coin toss had no predictive value for deciding who would eventually win the game. Since 1994, the coin flip winner has a clear advantage

munson15

I want winners...

That was the tuck rule, no fumble if they review.

From the 2000 through 2007 regular seasons, there have been 124 overtime games. In every single game except one (I believe), the team that won the toss elected to receive. And those receiving teams won 60% of the time (and tied once).

That's not what he said, fucknut.

He said in THIS game, 90% chance it will be decided by the winner of the flip. Uhh, I think it has something to do with this being the highest scoring playoff game ever or maybe that there were just 2 punts all game. Read next time.

And yeah, NFL overtime rules SUCK.

Thank GOD AZ finally stepped up though. Needed that ML huge...

mofome

Banned

fucknut? so he misread a post, thats ok. It may happen to you at some point too. relax.

938four

EOG Dedicated

That's not what he said, fucknut.

He said in THIS game, 90% chance it will be decided by the winner of the flip. Uhh, I think it has something to do with this being the highest scoring playoff game ever or maybe that there were just 2 punts all game. Read next time.

And yeah, NFL overtime rules SUCK.

Thank GOD AZ finally stepped up though. Needed that ML huge...

slow down on the drinking and enroll tommorow in a after hours high school class in reading comprehension

:pop:

mofome

Banned

the 10% won again lol

93, you misread munsons post. He said that the winner of the flip wins 90% of the time time in a game like this.

Aces, then made it a bit bigger of a deal than it needed to be. Nature of the boards.

In the end, we're in for a treat next week.

:cheers

railbird

EOG Master

I think they should kickoff from the 40 in OT

938four

EOG Dedicated

i hear ya mo its all good

tks

peace ace congrats on ml win

91023i2ndw;l

mofome

Banned

yeah its always all good. im glad you shared that information with the board, made for a good read.

if only we could explain things to one another and disagree peacefully more often. We're getting better, but there is work to do.

Hope you ended your weekend in style.

:cheers

938four

EOG Dedicated

my weekend was awesome

hope you have a great work week

munson15

I want winners...

Sorry for the confusion. I was f***ed up on the last play, and didn't explain that statement very well. Mo was right, I meant 90% in a game where no one could stop the other team. Funny the D stepped up and won the game. We were all on edge at the end of that game because the spread was never a factor, and the winner on the field was going to be the winner ATS as well. And, I STILL don't like the OT rules.:+textinb3